• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Store Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Kittery trading post is now giving gift cards instead of driving your gun over the N.H. border. I got a $50 card on a $425. gun

Interesting. Wonder when they started doing that, and if it is permanent.

Not a bad deal. Still would rather get it over the bridge tax free. Other than firearms, just about everything else in the store is way overpriced IMHO. Do you get a $100 card with a $1000 firearm purchase?

Interesting. Wonder when they started doing that, and if it is permanent.

Not a bad deal. Still would rather get it over the bridge tax free. Other than firearms just sbout everything else in the store is overpriced IMHO. Do you get a $100 card with a $1000 firearm purchase?

• Kittery trading post is now giving gift cards instead of driving your gun over the N.H. border. I got a $50 card on a $425. gun

They are? Do you know if they still have the place for NH handgun sales or is that now kaput?

Their website still lists the NH transfer location as being an option.

They started with the gift card about a month ago. There is work going on,so instead of dealing with the traffic, they are giving cards.It worked out for me, I was in a hurry ,and was probably twice the sale tax. I don't know how they figure the gift cards,but they had to look it up by price.

Last edited:
The work that is going on is on the bridge, so instead of dealing with the traffic they are doing the gift cards

Try going to a bicycle vendor and saying "I've got a great deal on a new bike for much cheaper than you sell, but the vendor only deals with storefront shops. Can I pay you $40 to receive it for me so I don't pay your markup?"

Name one retail sector other than guns where "bypass the middleman who is handling your transfer" is the normal and expected ode of operation.

Name another industry where you can buy from a distributor and they won’t deliver it to you but a middle-man.

The only reason your local gun shop and many gun shows aren’t TU is GCA68. Imagine buying pretty much any long gun and many handguns via US Mail. Suddenly, you’d be back to a gun counter in local hardware stores because you couldn’t afford to keep a conventional gun shop open.

So if some douche want to charge $80 for a transfer, he should go pound sand.

I think Sportsman’s Den in Quincy is good. I was a beginner and bought a gun from then years ago. Had a good experience. Small store with mostly gun stuff and few fishing/hunting gear.

8/10 because the service is excellent

I haven't been to KTP since the Trump election. They now do firearms transfers to MA? How does that work?

I only buy Black Powder and once in a while a cheap musket to mess around with it, so I'm not too familiar with their modern firearms rules.

Steve at Northeast Arns is top shelf, 10 out of 10 for gunsmith and cerakoat jobs too. I live in NH but still have had him build 4 high end Uppers for me and they came out awesome. George is a good guy too.
I was just speaking with him. Great website, and the fact we can order online and get it delivered there is AWESOME.

I'm now a member at Reading so I will definitely order some stuff and pick it up.

I was just speaking with him. Great website, and the fact we can order online and get it delivered there is AWESOME.

I'm now a member at Reading so I will definitely order some stuff and pick it up.
That’s what I’m talking about, I have him order every part and then put it together for me and my rifles are better AND about half the cost of the overpriced $2500+ rifles on the wall at Shooters..

I haven't been to KTP since the Trump election. They now do firearms transfers to MA? How does that work?

I only buy Black Powder and once in a while a cheap musket to mess around with it, so I'm not too familiar with their modern firearms rules.

I think the gift card is to replace the N.H.transfer store so that they don't have to deal with sending someone there and them getting stuck in the traffic and not getting back for about an hour or so.So you will pay the sales tax, but in my case they doubled it in the form of a gift card. They still win because you will come back to spend the gift card. Think Septemberfest

Last edited:
NSF went on the offensive against this forum specifically. Big difference.

Though cool that they're under new ownership and things have apparently improved, had no idea.

ETA: I did hit their website up before learning about the change and noticed that it's completely different. I also noted their transfer policy (really silly)...

SERVICES
Am I the only one that notices they contradict themselves in their transfer policy? Says they charge double if you insist on getting it somewhere else. Also says they will not transfer something they could have gotten. Well which is it? Not to mention the policy is not really a good one for gaining new customers.

North Shore firearms ZERO. Dishonest and condescending A-holes. I reviewed them on here a few years ago.

In fact here is a yelp version of it:

Local Y.'s review of North Shore Firearms

I give four seasons a 9 as well.
NES needs a thread titled “How long have you held a grudge”. Going on 4 years now and you’re still pissed they gave you standard cap mags?

As far as buying guns I have bought a few different shops (currently only buy them from one shop) Northeast Arms is a 10. Both Steve and George know their stuff and are happy to help those new to guns. I believe they are the only shop in the area that offers full gunsmithing.

Gartman Arms is a 9. Great staff also very knowledgeable and very customer service oriented.
Not going to bash anyone. Two great shops in two different areas of MA

Am I the only one that notices they contradict themselves in their transfer policy? Says they charge double if you insist on getting it somewhere else. Also says they will not transfer something they could have gotten. Well which is it? Not to mention the policy is not really a good one for gaining new customers.
Yeah seriously. I have 0 background in marketing/business but even I would know enough not to have a policy like that if I want to have a growing successful business. SMH....

Four Seasons is fine and dandy, they are a hike for me so I don't have any interest in buying new guns from them. I love the fact that they have an up-to-date used gun section which has had me there a number of times to buy things that I am looking for in state because I want to see them first. 9/10
Have had two for two good experiences from Brophy's Fine Firearms. Small shop but really nice folks, good prices on firearms and they almost always have a few milsurp rifles squirreled on the walls. Don't appear to have much in way of reloading and what not due to size of shop. 9/10
The Gun Rack in Turner Falls are nice guys and exceptionally patient with everybody. It's Norm, his dad, Norm Sr, and his son (who seems to make legitimate attempts at wanting to help people as much as allowed since he is a bit younger.) New firearm prices are average which is fine, but again good used prices with a nearly full inventory available with photos online. Decent ammo prices and as far as shops go, this man makes it very clear he sells guns and wants to sell guns. He stocks basically everything at that store at any given time. 8/10
R&R in Belchertown has had two experiences with me one good and one bad. I caught the skinny guy behind the counter on a bad day apparently and he made it seem like I was doing him a disservice buying a Henry in .44. Safely checked the rifle and that the action was smooth and simply stated that I'll take it. Was just an all around ass through the whole transaction. The heftier guy sold me a handgun and was more than pleasant. Prices for guns are pretty good. Ammo prices are terrible. Prime example with the .44 magnum Henry. Checked what they had on the ammo shelf and was taken aback when I realized they had 50ct Blazer steel case .44 240gr for $55. Yeah, that's never gonna happen.
Have many more places because I travel around just to go around, but limited on time for a post.

NES needs a thread titled “How long have you held a grudge”. Going on 4 years now and you’re still pissed they gave you standard cap mags?

I agree, start up the thread. Grudges it is! I treat people like they treat me. I’ll be the first post if you’d like. They are standard cap mags that say LEO only on them. Maybe I wasn’t as clear as I should have been. I’m not law enforcement of any kind. I’m also not made of money. To me, a couple hundred bucks thrown away. Also, I hate wasting money, but I ever more hate being treated like a jerk by two condescending a-holes.

How much work do you think it was to copy and paste a link? It’s not exactly like it was work for me to do this.

Maybe I’ll start being more forgiving? Nah. Get over it.

looks like everyone is different huh? Who would have known? I thought we were talking about gun shops? Sorry everyone who wanted to know if a gun shop near them was decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom