Gun Storage Cost (what is reasonable and what is...not)

I am just checking whether the following is "reasonable" for storing firearms temporarily (~90 days or so), if say, you suspect an RO/PO coming down the pipe...

$1.00 per handgun, per day
$1.50 per long gun, per day

Now, if that is high, which I suspect it is (person would be better off liquidating most of the collection), I am not sure if there it time for a choice. Legal advice [who is an NRA Member] has stated that 'your friends' is NOT OK under these circumstances and you need a FFL to list out everything they took from you and you need that list when the man rolls up to your door and comes knocking as proof you have transferred all firearms out of your name (not that will prevent them tossing your home for good measure). It also goes a long way (apparently) in court. <sigh>

Bottom line, does anyone know of an FFL / Gunsmith in RI that may be able to make a better "deal" or is this really the going rate?

One other question: If this person receives an RO/PO, they are a PP during the time the RO/PO is in effect ONLY or are they screwed as a PP at that point going forward in perpetuity since they were served with a RO/PO? (Just seeing whether my friend needs to liquidate...)

In a place like RI where there are no encumbrances to transfers you're better off transferring the guns to someone you trust until the smoke clears.

DV RO recipients are only Prohibited Persons as long as the order is active. If the order is vacated they get their rights back.

-Mike

Some people here or friends would probably be happy to hold onto your stuff.

Most bonded warehouses just rack up the fees and take your stuff.

Some people here or friends would probably be happy to hold onto your stuff.

Most bonded warehouses just rack up the fees and take your stuff.

This - if you have a safe, pack it up and let someone store the whole thing for you.

Back
Top Bottom