• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun storage at secondary location

I was wondering if it's legal to store a gun at a friend's place in Boston. This friend does NOT have a LTC. But, the gun will also be stored in a secure container where he will not be able to have access to it.

Yes!

The key to this legally is that ONLY "authorized persons" (i.e. those with LTC) have access to the gun/guns.

Yes. The law only requires it be "secured in a locked container or equipped with a tamper-resistant mechanical lock or other safety device, properly engaged so as to render such weapon inoperable by any person other than the owner or other lawfully authorized user." per M.G.L. c.140 s.131L

Thank you for the replies guys.

I'm going to school in Boston and know that I cannot legally carry on campus so I will be leaving the carry arm at a friend's off campus apt. during my classes. I'd feel much better doing that than unloading, storing it in the car, and risking a break in.

Thank you for the replies guys.

I'm going to school in Boston and know that I cannot legally carry on campus so I will be leaving the carry arm at a friend's off campus apt. during my classes. I'd feel much better doing that than unloading, storing it in the car, and risking a break in.

Sounds like a good plan to me. =]

Back
Top Bottom