• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Storage and More

Mil-Dot

Instructor
NES Member
Hi All,
I have a couple of gun storage questions:

1. I’m in the process of building a structure 12x16 (shed-like) behind my house. The purpose of the shed is all gun related (reloading, storage, and some light smithing). This structure will have heat and air as well as 2 large gun safes (one for reloading supplies and the other for guns). The structure will be very well built and as secure as my house, if not more so. Are there any legal issues that I’ve missed or that I need to address before I proceed with the construction?

2. This one is a bit odd…
My father (73 y/o) has a request that concerns gun storage. My father has requested that he be buried with his Colt 1911 and four full mags! He’s not kidding! My father has quite a nice gun collection that I will inherit and I feel I need to honor his request. I mentioned to him that it would be a waste of a nice gun and he reminded me that many people are buried with jewelry and other expensive items and this is his favorite gun. So, are there any legal issues associated with burying a loaded gun with a corpse?
I just got off the phone with my Dad and asked him why he really wanted to buried with the 1911? He says with a laugh, “My cold dead hands." Crazy bastard!

Is he planning on being buried in MA? Not sure if this is legal, but maybe put the colt and mags in a discrete locked container in the casket so nobody is any wiser? just throwing out some ideas...

Is he planning on being buried in MA? Not sure if this is legal, but maybe put the colt and mags in a discrete locked container in the casket so nobody is any wiser? just throwing out some ideas...

I don't see why not. I'd hate to be the ADA trying to convince a jury that a closed coffin in a vault 6 feet under the ground is in some way less secure than a $2 trigger lock. [wink]

Ken

I don't see why not. I'd hate to be the ADA trying to convince a jury that a closed coffin in a vault 6 feet under the ground is in some way less secure than a $2 trigger lock. [wink]

Ken

Solution: put a cable lock on the casket.

I wish you father a very long and healthy life but, am I the only one who wants to attend your dad's funeral? I'll be the one in the back with a pry bar and shovel[rofl]

For your shed ... have an underground tunnel dug from the shed to your basement.

If you are not doing all the work, hire contractors from outside your immediate area.

Back
Top Bottom