Gun & Sport North - Salem, NH

wicked psyched to read this...@ only 2 miles from my home it pained me to not shop there due to bad past experiences. looking forward to stopping in!

i have had great luck dealing with a couple guys there. think their names are greg and victor. the woman who works there has always been really nice as well. one guy (think it's joe...) makes me want to walk right back out of the store when i see him. and of course there's one old guy who used to work there but just hangs around all the time now who knows everything-just ask him...(and no, don't ask him, your blood will boil)
at least all this was true a few months ago when i was there last.

Yes I have met him don't go there much because of him and im like 5 blocks away

interested to see how they price their range ammo. I've found they're consistently 25% higher than 2nd Amendment in Windham. Combined with incorrect info given to me on more than one occasion re: MA compliant firearms (I give a slight pass here since they are a NH shop, but since they do sell some MA compliant guns they should have a better grasp of the regs, or at least not say anything) I haven't been in in a while. Though their proximity to me may warrant another visit soon once they finish their re-org.

Stopped by the newly reopened shop in Salem NH this afternoon. Looks nice, lots of ammo on the shelves. Pretty much some of everything. Saturday they'll have at least 10 CCI mini-mag 100 round packs on sale for about $7.50. Also had lots 50 round boxes of CCI 22lr (standard velocity I think) for about $3.50, federal target 22lr for about $4.50. Also saw 38, 357mag, 9, 45, and a bunch of obscure calibers on the counter near the back door. Decent number of pistols and long guns too.

hours Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday 9:30am to 5pm

which one was he? The two guys behind the counter when I was there were both pretty pleasant/personable.

Stopped in today while I was in the neighborhood. Met the owner and his Dad. Really nice folks. The owner shoots at Haverhill Gun Club but Dad doesn't shoot. For a newly opened store they are very well stocked. They even had 3, yes 3, S&W 9MM Shields in the free state model but no MA Shields. They are licensed to sell hand guns to MA or NH residents.

If a MA or NH wants to sell a handgun to one or another, FTF, they can do the transfer for you because they're good in both states. No need to ship it FFL to FFL. I like that.

Last edited:
I was so excited to see that the store was open with new ownership. I was not happy to see that all of the guys that used to work there are still there. I think that's going to hurt the place in the long run. The owner (I believe its the owner) seemed very nice and interested in what customers want. Even though they are in my town I will probably not shop there as their prices seem high and the same guys work there. A pitty. I still have to travel up to hooksett, Pelham or Windham still.

I've bought ammo there a few times. Everyone seems nice enough. Prices are a little higher than Walmart, but I've never been able to find ammo at Walmart, and its always better to support a small business. Especially in this industry.

The new owner (tony) seems like a nice guy, had a pleasant chat with him today. He told me that most of the old sales help is gone. I will give this store another chance. Now I just have to figure out what I "need".

finally stopped in a couple days ago. salesman was pleasant, and informative. aside from the salesman and I being muzzle-swept by the patron who really wanted to show off his S&W Bodyguard it was great. put down some monies on a Ruger SR22 and went on my day without getting shot in the face. it was a good day.

yeah, he informed the guy that he'd just swept both of us and instructed him to put his gun away. the guy seemed medicated and had a cane etc., he was in there with his son in the middle of purchasing a .22 rifle of some sort. not the store's fault so i wouldn't let it keep my business away.

stopped by recently to check it out under the new management. salesman was nice (forgot to ask name, maybe owner?).
prices seemed excellent. i was impressed. not much inventory though.
i would highly encourage others to check this place out.

my only concern is taking a left out of their parking lot onto 28 is pain. and taking a rite will run you into mass in a short distance.

Since Jeff retired (2nd Amendment Arms) I have been looking for a new "go to" store. I found it.
Tony is a great guy, store has everything I would need. Thanks G&SN! (And Tony).

Back
Top Bottom