Gun show purchase

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
I scored a Romanian 22 caliber model 69 at the Marlboro show. It has nice bluing and a bright and shiny bore. The front sight still has the hood and the rear sight is still intact. The stock is in perfect shape and all the number match.

An elderly gentlemen came to the show with it wrapped in a sheet and asked if I wanted to take a look. There it was, two magazines and my next question, how much. He then told me he could not get it to chamber a round . I asked what 22 caliber he was using. i.e. long, short etc. He said he bought it and was told it was a 17. Oh God, I asked who sold it to you and then without a breath said no don't tell me. I really did not want to know. I told him it was a 22 and it would make a good little shooter. He offered it to me for $35. It took me less time to pay him than it does for depicts to buy a Smith in Wesson with the original box and papers[wink] I told him that a guy that I shoot with, SKS ray , has a like new savage 17 for $300 and its a thumb hole stock and would make a great rifle. He doesn't have a computer so I gave him rays contact info. I also told him 35 bucks is really much to little for the rifle and asked if he wanted another 22 . He has his heart set on a 17. So I gave him 200 rounds of 17 along with the cash. He was happy and I was VERY happy.

I brought it to the range after work today and it shoots like a dream. I nice little camp rifle.

I will take a pic as soon as I can. But all in all its a nice rifle. It will probably get more range time than my other high end 22's. [wink]

Last edited:
Can't believe you scored an M69 Romanian trainer for $35.[puke]
I've never paid less that $125 for one.

The big question does it have the wide machining base or narrow?

Pic of the 2 variants:

53775a75.jpg

It appears narrow Ray. It is not the standard 22 ring base. Now the hunt for the rings...

Not nice to describe, without pic's! LOL

I took some pics with my phone, sent them to my email and I cant get them to load....I need the help of my daughter. I am not as computer literate as the rest of you. Maybe if I fill her car with gas she will take a few pics.

update, took pic. others are to big to post.......ahh I cant win. If you would like to see them I will gladly email them to you..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom