Gun show in Marlborough

So who else was there and what did you buy?

I picked up a Sig 238, which my wife fell in love with. I think I'll need another one before long.

I came really close to picking up an 1898 original Krag. $1400 and in beautiful condition. I made the mistake of telling the wife about it and she had the nerve to say "why didn't you buy it, it's not like you buy a new gun every month".

Sigh!

I bought a .357 die set and a stick of beef jerky. I longingly held a S&W 76. Maybe some day.

Bummer on the Krag. I have an original 1898 Krag Carbine that belonged to my grandfather. Beautiful firearm.

I picked up another Flashlight from NES Member John@liotec as well as some ammo.

I was working the show, so if you stopped by the Powder Keg table, there was a good chance that I said Hi to you while you were looking.

That was unless you were there early Sunday Monring....then I was in Framingham at the Ham Radio Flee Market....then back to the show around 11:00 to finish working there.

I think i talked to you there about that 4 digit 10/22, you mentioned if nobody bought it you were going to. I have 4 of the things already, dint need another but i liked the serial #. I had a first yr. production but not a 4 digit. you had an exceptionally nice cMP Garand there too, another one of my bad habits, lol

I bought AR parts, some cleaning supplies, and a couple of Mini-14 mags.

Oh yeah, I also bought a $10 monocular so I can see holes in paper at 30-75ft so I don't have to keep retrieving the target when I'm sighting something in at the range.

Last edited:
I got a 6pc set of throwing knives for 16 bucks and 2 glock t-shirts for 20. The glock shirts are awesome for CC. THey are a little bit longer then regular T-shirts so they cover up better. No guns this time around.

I bought a couple of raffle tickets. Nothing else there that I needed to have.

A nice Smith-Corona 1903A3, a bunch of AK mags, odd ball ammo, and some jerky. But the most valuable things I picked up were some well thought out strategies and techniques for hiding firearm purchases from my wife, from C-pher and Radio.

I came with less than an hour and a half to spare, so I couldn't seek out NES members...perhaps I did meet some folks, I don't know.

The jerkey rocked - what I had leftover, my dog..liberated from my pack.

2 new glock 17 mags one from I think powder keg and another from a really intense guy eating tuna at an accessories table - traded off all my .308 for those and a SOB holster for my 1911 - no it won't be my primary holster, but it will serve as an option of some kind. I looked at a LOT of guns, namely that M203 setup, the .50 BMG I figured would look great in the living room etc.

I spent a lot of time not really looking to buy anything. I'm considering my options now as I wait for my license renewal/upgrade to LTCA. Saw a few dozen Walther PPKs, a lot of the S&W compacts as well as other guns like the Taurus Judge, which I might have actually bought, if it were MA compliant...and the Ruger LCP....as you can see, Im thinking of smaller autos - nary a single S&W bodyguard in the bunch though, which was disappointing because I wanted to at least handle it.

Took some pics - my dad had always told me about this .45 grease gun he had in his ONTOS - and there was one there - thought for a second it was a Sten and what a piece - nasty to think he had to lug that thing around the streets of Hue. And Lugers....I don't know how many were the real deal old Lugers, but a lot of them were really nice to look at. The guy at the Nazi memorabilia table was kind of funny, kind of strange, kind of expensive...

Overall though and consistent with what everyone else said, it was kind of sparse - looked like the Lancaster Flea Market - some good finds, a lot of overpriced stuff, a lot of stuff I can't buy in this state and of course a lot of non firearm related stuff - I think it might have been organized better, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom