• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun show in Marlboro, MA this Sept 2017

In the past, 20+ years ago, this show was well worth attending. In the years since, due to ..., I've been able to attend very few
events anywhere and those were disappointing to say the least; lots of "memorabilia" but precious few interesting guns or knives.

What say those who have kept up with the shows? Is this event worth the 1hr or so drive?

Thank ye most kindly.

G_M

It's an OK show, but one I'll be most likely skipping. Most of the really good vendors pulled out after the AR debacle last year, there's only the one big ammo vendor with "bend you over" prices, most guns are way overpriced and well over half the tables are full of "antique" crap. Most MA gun shows are like that nowadays.

The only shows I go to now are in NH as prices for things are a little more normal, even though I can't buy most of the handguns.

The prevailing theory at gun shows seems 2b "with this many attendees, someone will pay full retail +".

I'm amused by the idiot with body armor and the signs (which he has been using for years) "Get them before the ban".

It really depends what you want to buy. Looking for something new? Go to your local gun shop. Looking for something unusual? It's worth attending. Since I'm looking for a couple odd ball firearms, I plan on going. Like any show, only about 1 in 10 tables will have anything decent but it's a pretty big show.

I look at them as fairly cheap entertainment on a Saturday morning. I never go expecting to find anything, but occasionally will stumble on a bargain on parts or accessories. A couple of years ago, I found some very nice condition magazines for my S&W 3913 for $20.00 each. I've also found small AR parts now and then.

You can also look at, and maybe even handle, a variety of guns that might otherwise require trips to several shops. Find one you like, and if the price sucks at the show, you can always see if your favorite shop has or can get it.

A gun show is coming up. Here is the scorecard:

- Not as good as X year ago: CHECK
- Prices too high: CHECK
- Too many people:
- Guns to knife/other stuff ratio too low: CHECK
- Guys in uniform (nazi or other):
- Smelly People:
- Sausage guy:

What did I miss? [grin]

- Too many people:
- Smelly People:
- Sausage guy:

What did I miss? [grin]

You should put the B.O. guy higher on the list.

I don't know how to respond because I don't know what you would do if you had three hours of your life back. If it was me, I would want to be at the range.

It really depends what you want to buy. Looking for something new? Go to your local gun shop. Looking for something unusual? It's worth attending. Since I'm looking for a couple odd ball firearms, I plan on going. Like any show, only about 1 in 10 tables will have anything decent but it's a pretty big show.

The best part about the show is the MULTIPLE LGSs show up to this event! I was searching around and had a hard time finding what I was looking for in my price range and ended up buying it used from IDC a few years back and then this past year, same thing, was shopping around and Stoney Acres has the best price (like better than 4 Seasons prices) that I had seen for exactly what I was looking for.

Instead of driving all over the state trying to find the best deal, I had done my research beforehand, knew what I wanted to pay, brought enough ca$h in case I saw what I wanted and simply got lucky. I was on my way out the door when I saw Stoney Acres table back in January.

- Too many people:
- Smelly People:
- Sausage guy:

What did I miss? [grin]
You forgot:
- Multiple requests posted for carry policy inside show (as if it ever varies)
- Multiple responses that you must carry loaded inside show despite show policy

- Too many people:
- Smelly People:
- Sausage guy:

What did I miss? [grin]

The earplug mold guy.

I had earplugs made at the foxboro show. Aside from hot sauce, that is all I have bought at the shows since a primer purchase from Zenk's (?) during the first obama scare.

It's like going to 30 gun shops all within walking distance but they still charge more than your local gun shop and they're prices are too high. LOL

It's like going to 30 gun shops all within walking distance but they still charge more than your local gun shop and they're prices are too high. LOL

Its fun to window shop anyway. Every now and again, there are decent deals to be had.

I have been going for several years and just happened to catch pretty good deals on exactly what I was looking for a couple of times. Beats traipsing all over the state to find what I wanted at a good price.

Last year I ended up buying a nice steel gong 12" 1/2" thick for $40.. and a well made stand for another $75. Not a bad deal imo. I don't go for the guns. I go for accessories and jerky. I've found a few older firearms which interest me at decent priced over the years too.

Unfortunately, I won't be going this week. My ass-aging is all for nothing this time. :(

20 years ago gun shows were so good. 20 years ago I heard that 20 years prior, gun shows were so good.

I'm pretty sure that Moses himself, wandering into an arms show in Ur said, "You know, 20 years ago, you could get a much better spear than this for half the shekels."

Unfortunately, I won't be going this week. My ass-aging is all for nothing this time. :(

20 years ago gun shows were so good. 20 years ago I heard that 20 years prior, gun shows were so good.

I'm pretty sure that Moses himself, wandering into an arms show in Ur said, "You know, 20 years ago, you could get a much better spear than this for half the shekels."

LOL. Moses and Aaron liked the beef jerky but just couldn't deal with the smell

Be sure to stop by the GOAL booth to say hello, pick up a hat/sticker and get your "Lucky 20" Raffle tickets.
6yksU8i.jpg

It is pretty dead right now, but I expect it to be busy tomorrow.

sHN6LeR.jpg

Looks like they got the carpeting down. At least it will be comfortable to walk around.

Nothing else to do today so I'll spend the $12 bucks and drive the 30 miles...Walk around and marvel at nothing in particular...Hopefully the BO guys found a breakthrough treatment since the last show....

Back
Top Bottom