• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Show DiPrete Concord NH April 13-14..worth going?

OK for anyone who went to the show you missed a pristine Trapdoor complete with cleaning rod for $750!!!!! It was a later year than mine.

I just purchased one and kept telling myself not to buy it....how many folks here think I purchased it?????

Also found some original Swiss 10.4x38 Rimfire rounds for $1.50 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bought it all, a total of 51 rounds[smile][smile]

There was a guy walking around with a cart with AR mags for $15 bucks. No not pre ban but for free state folks you could not beat it.

Also picked up some 45 long colt for $14.00 a box and 45/70 for $18 a box. So if you looked close enough there were some deals.

Saw my buddy 45 Collector and chatted for a bit. Saw Adam and Nicole but they were across the building.

The prices on ammo from most of the bigger dealers were just insane. But as with most shows you have to take your time and look. You can find deals if you try hard enough.

Last edited:
Picked up 2 m16 bolt carrier groups so i was able to complete and shoot my recent build AR, so the show was worth the trip. Made a donation of brownies to the people at Stoney Acres and hung out for the afternoon, was a decent day out.

We arrived at 10:45ish, went right up and paid. No line at all.
We browsed a bit, Nicole picked up some cartouches for the collection, saw one dealer selling AR15 30 rounders for $40 [shocked] when others were selling the same mag for $20-25, chatted with some folks we knew, and on the way out picked up a sweet ashtray for the shop.

Before.
View attachment 63156

After cleaning with Bar Keepers Friend.
View attachment 63160
View attachment 63157
View attachment 63158
View attachment 63159

Now that is Nice !

The best was some guy walking around the show with his wife, maybe she was 4'10" tall and just might have been 80 lbs, she was carrying the case of ammo while he walked around carrying nothing.

Apparently I was the Sunday version of this. And every 5th person needed to let me know. Adam and I found a neat wooden .50 ammo crate for what we thought was short money - cool thing to have around the house. We decided, for a number of reasons, that I would carry it. No biggie.

The number of comments I got was staggering. If they weren't insinuating that my husband was a knave for allowing/requiring me to carry the box, they were laughing that the box couldn't possibly be full because I was carrying it.

More delightful were a couple of gentlemen who chatted with me about the ongoing cartridge collection. When you start pawing through the crates of odd, loose cartridges it seems to get people talking. Always fun. [smile]

Last edited:
I didn't buy a darned thing at the show. Pretty disappointing. Did have a nice time chatting with guys at two different tables who correctly assumed I was looking at holsters for myself and not for my husband.

Smelly People suck...sorry....you can take time to go to a show for 3 or so hours but can't hit the shower for 5 mins and a bar of soap/deotorant?

In the early 2000s I could spend hours and a show and it wasn't packed.

I don't mean this comment as a swipe against your comment/view, but this isn't the 2000 any more.
I wish the gun shows were like that where you could actually find cheap stuff and good deals. But with the invention of gun broker and ebay gun shows are not the same. heck I remember when the Kittery Trading post was actually actual a gun store that sold m1's in barrels!
There are few really good deals at the shows now a days.. now they are more a show to get bits and pieces and to check out guns.
The web can get you better prices on most stuff. The only real deals can be found in the smaller gun shops where locals sell and trade.
That unfortunately is the 2012 reality of things!

Back
Top Bottom