• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Show DiPrete Concord NH April 13-14..worth going?

Well its spring and the Concord Gun Show is less than a month away.
Its been about two years since I went to the show...anyone been to the last one?
Is it still any good? (Trying to decide if its worth going!!)

After going to the last Manchester gun show I have my doubts about gun shows and their worth.
Guns and ammo were no deals at manchester and the lines were out the door.
Sometimes smaller and more North is better... any thoughts?

People watching is always interesting and there are always a few small things to pick up
but at the price of gas and admission...not sure!

Any thoughts?

Worth a visit, if you're looking for something specific, not expecting amazing deals

I waited for the crowds to thin out a bit and went to the last Manchester show after lunch on Saturday, it wasn't entirely crazy; multiple dealers with pre-insanity pricing on components, many tables trying to maximize profits. The usual NES dealers had tables (and "normal" pricing). I was looking for a Ruger MkIII 22/45 magazine, I passed up three dealers asking $26-$35, way in the back of a cardboard box on a table of random stuff, found one new in box... ten bucks.

There are good restaurants in Concord, maybe we should plan a NES meetup on Saturday the 13th?
Anywhere except the Common Man.

I've been thinking about going but frankly, I just don't want to face the crowds. I might do what Kevin_NH did...wait til after lunch. Last year I found a great deal on a CZ-82. I think it was the only one there and it was what I was looking for. I'd like to find a East German Makarov PM but not holding out a lot of hope...I may just order one on my C&R license.

Last edited:
IMHO, the Concord show has always been the most cramped and sweaty sardine cans of them all.
Small venue with very narrow aisles between tables.
Two years ago I posted about buying bulk lead bullets, from the guy in the back corner, and it took me a half hour to make my way through the crowd to get to the front door. And this was before the post-Newtown full-retard feeding frenzy.
I can imagine what it'll look like next month.
Think I'll stay home.

I found some primers and 2 boxes of 32 win sp ammo @ $10 a box at Concord last September. I picked up a 44 cal black powder pistol the year before for good money. Since the world of supply and demand went nuts I've been leery of gunshows. I was up at 6 Saturday planning on going to Plymouth but decided to save half a tank of diesel and admission so I crawled back into a warm bed. This year's problem is I'm in NH the week of the Marlboro show and in MA the week of the Concord show. I'm thinking if it is warm enough to ride my bike to Concord I'll go. Otherwise I'll go on a local gun shop safari instead.

I usually get some decent deals on brass, bits/pieces, etc. You have to work you way around and look some. I usually don't go until Sunday AM. I'm sure it will be full retard on ammo & weapons, but for what I'll be after, it should be decent.
The worst part will be the dumbbell who is selling green, crusty, moldy shit brass for 3 times the price of new. Enjoy hauling it out the door after the show....

Last edited:
Last year I found a 1920's full box of Winchester .30-40 Krag for $10. That was about it. I need a rare lanyard that I have no hope of finding, and maybe some vintage ammo. Otherwise I'm all set. So that, plus the insane crowds I fully expect will be there, means I probably won't be going.

Well against all forms of common sense, I think I will go.
I realize that everythings will be over prices or not available while I battle the fellow looks in the cramped aisles.
However gun shows in some cases are like a lottery ticket... until its over you and you leave , you could still find that one BIG score and be a WINNER!

Hey laugh all you want but when I find that can of green tipped 5.56 for $180... who will be laughing then?[banana]

Disclaimer: I have been helping my friend out at these shows for nearly 13 years so I have a vested interest in people showing up.

That said, I think it will be busy, but it won't be full retard like the January Manchester show was. The West Lebanon show was busy Saturday morning, but quickly calmed down to normal crowd levels the rest of the weekend. As long as it's normal April temperatures, the BO levels shouldn't approach what they're like for the Labor Day w/e show. [wink]

Last edited:
I'm going to head over there around 11 am Saturday. It's only 15 minutes from the house

I haven't been to a gun show in NH in many years. My father and I used to set up tables at shows all over New England but those days are long gone. I have vague memories of the Concord show; is it a small building (compared to other shows) that has a stage off to your right when you walk in the front door? This is going back over 20 years now so it's probably not even the same building. Just curious. I think I will check this show out regardless.

I haven't been to a gun show in NH in many years. My father and I used to set up tables at shows all over New England but those days are long gone. I have vague memories of the Concord show; is it a small building (compared to other shows) that has a stage off to your right when you walk in the front door? This is going back over 20 years now so it's probably not even the same building. Just curious. I think I will check this show out regardless.

Years ago, I think it was held in the VFW or American Legion hall or some hall like that...it's now held in the Everett arena on Loudon Rd...pretty good size (think hockey rink size plus a bit more) but gets pretty smelly in there towards the end of the day.

Last edited:
OK that must have been the VFW that I remember. Damn that was a long time ago!

I also remember going to some show in ME frequently that was held in a large warehouse. There was one of those ramps with rollers on it for conveying boxes to the storage basement. My old man told me there was a grisly bear they kept down there, and the rollers were there so he couldn't make it up to the main floor. He told me if I was a bad boy, he'd toss me down the rollers and the bear would get me. [laugh] I was about 5 years old when he first started taking me to gun shows.

I'll be there bright and early at 8am with my brother. He needs primers and the only place to get large and small pistol primers in 1000 count quantities is at the shows. Rileys puts a limit on them assuming they have any. I wanna score another brick of 22lr for a normal price ($25 is my limit). That and a box or two of .30 carbine if not too expensive ($25 is limit).

OK that must have been the VFW that I remember. Damn that was a long time ago!

I also remember going to some show in ME frequently that was held in a large warehouse. There was one of those ramps with rollers on it for conveying boxes to the storage basement. My old man told me there was a grisly bear they kept down there, and the rollers were there so he couldn't make it up to the main floor. He told me if I was a bad boy, he'd toss me down the rollers and the bear would get me. [laugh] I was about 5 years old when he first started taking me to gun shows.

Are you sure we aren't brothers? My dad would do some of the same things [laugh]. One day when I was around seven years old, I took off without telling my mom or dad to head up to a small pond in the woods where I knew there were tadpoles. On the way back, my dad, figuring where I had gone started up after me to make sure I got home safely. He heard me coming back and so he ducked behind a big rock...as I passed the rock, he let out a growl that, to me, sounded just like a bear. I took off like a shot (still holding the mason jar of tadpoles) and ran all the way home. My dad realized at the speed I was running I was going to cross Rt3 without looking and he caught up to me and basically tackled me so I wouldn't do something stupid. Good times. After that, I always told my mom or dad when I was headed out into the woods. [smile]

I'm not able to make this show. Would someone be willing to keep an eye out for some brass for me? I'm looking for 30-40 Krag and boxer primed 7.62x39 and 54R. In addition I'm looking for 3-die sets for both 7.62 calibers (anything other than Lee).

Happy to send some cash via PayPal gift to cover costs + extra for your effort.

Oh yeah timbo that sounds just like my old man. Besides going to lots of gun shows back in the day, we did a lot of flea markets as well. He used to tell me he would sell me to the "gypsies with the big white van" if I didn't behave. [rofl]

rutilate, if I have any extra cash on me I'll certainly keep an eye out on brass/ dies for you. My main reason for going to this show is to make money, not spend it however.

Last edited:
Pretty much every bank in NE has a branch on Main St in Concord, or at least an ATM

never been to one do these dealers accept credit cards?
A few accept CC (expect a surcharge). Cash is king, especially if you want to haggle on price.

Just bring a few boxes of 22LR to sell and you'll have all the cash you'll ever need [smile]

A few accept CC (expect a surcharge). Cash is king, especially if you want to haggle on price.

Just bring a few boxes of 22LR to sell and you'll have all the cash you'll ever need [smile]

I'm going in hoping to maybe buy a lower, ar mags, ar accessories and M&P mags. If I happen to find a good deal it's nice to have.

Got there at 10:30, line out the door and around the arena, I drove right back out.

Found .223 & 9 mm at Shooters Outpost without the line and the hassle.

Yup, someone I Know that was there are 8:45 said it was even horrible at that point

I might try a hour before they end today but I dunno, I did "OK" on the way home, so maybe not.

I was there. Got there at 8am and I was probably somewhere between 150th to 200th in line. Took 20 minutes to get in after it opened. I went in looking for large and small pistol CCI primers. Only found a few 1000 count boxes of large pistol. Limit was one box so I got one box of large pistol for my brother for $38. I also was looking for bulk 22lr.

All dealers were raping you on the price of bulk 22lr. $50 was the cheapest I saw for a 500 pack. I already have 2000 22lr so I wasn't desperate enough to pay those horrible prices. Rileys had good prices on ammo.

Back
Top Bottom