• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Show Dec. 12-13 W Springfield

PCK9

NES Member
Just saw a Gun Show listing (American Rifleman) for Dec. 12-13 in West Springfield. Is this true and is it any good? Being held by Mid-Hudson Promotions @ the Eastern States Expo. Thanks

Read the other 100 threads on the Big E gun shows in this sub-forum and you'll find all the info you could possibly want in order to make a decision on whether or not to make the ~2 hr trek out there.

It is a "circuit" and the Big E will have most of the same vendors as the Marlboro show on Jan 30-31, 2010. One caveat to that . . . if there is a huge show in PA, DE, VA, etc. the same weekend as any show in New England, most of the vendors opt for those larger shows (Harrisburg allegedly has >1200 tables/show). Gun List and Shotgun News list most shows so you can see who/where the "competition" is located.

went to the last one over columbus day break. it was alright, had one of the pilots from the Enola Gay, it was very cool to see him. had some dick wearing full nazi garb, had some ok prices on AR's and they had primers and stuff out side. i might go again to see if i can get some primers and powder. IMO not worth a half hour drive.

The WestSide show in my thoughts is most times a good one. They have many there every year. The Spring, Oct,Nov and the Dec. ones are the best. I didn't make it to the one a month (or so ago) but I was told it was bad even with the NRA thing that was there, that is not normal for that show.

All that said the Dec. show is useally a good one, a lot of good stuff for the stocking to runif over.

You have to look at it this way to, are you just going to kill time or for something you really want, it's only going to be good if you make it so. I'm going (if my back will let me) just because it's a fun day for me to look at all the gun and other stuff there.

Click on link for $1 off http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/w-spr/W-SPRINGFIELD.htm.

Both. Looks like I have only one volunteer to work the booth at this point so I get to work all the shifts, so be sure to stop by!![grin]

I had hoped to go Saturday but I have to be at an H1N1 clinic up in Petersham. My son and I will probably go Sunday morning. If we do, we will say hello.

Read the other 100 threads on the Big E gun shows in this sub-forum and you'll find all the info you could possibly want in order to make a decision on whether or not to make the ~2 hr trek out there.

It is a "circuit" and the Big E will have most of the same vendors as the Marlboro show on Jan 30-31, 2010. One caveat to that . . . if there is a huge show in PA, DE, VA, etc. the same weekend as any show in New England, most of the vendors opt for those larger shows (Harrisburg allegedly has >1200 tables/show). Gun List and Shotgun News list most shows so you can see who/where the "competition" is located.

Harrisburg and Valley Forge both have 1200 tables. I have been and continue to go to both. They sell out all the tables. These are 2 shows to go to if you have never been before. Always powder and primers at either show.

Both. Looks like I have only one volunteer to work the booth at this point so I get to work all the shifts, so be sure to stop by!![grin]

I'm hoping to make it there on Saturday, if the back will let me I mite be able to help you for a few hours.

Are you going to have GOAL stuff for sale there (stickers, shirts) ??? Is there any way you could have a few NES stickers there also, please, please [bow] [smile] [bow] .

I'm hoping to make it there on Saturday, if the back will let me I mite be able to help you for a few hours.

Are you going to have GOAL stuff for sale there (stickers, shirts) ??? Is there any way you could have a few NES stickers there also, please, please [bow] [smile] [bow] .

GOAL gear = Yes

NES Stickers = Possibility (working on it)

I am still waiting for my LTC in the mail. Can anyone tell me if it be of any benefit for me to go this year, or should I wait for the next one. I will be at Smith and Wesson shooting with my son on Sunday si it's pretty close.

I am still waiting for my LTC in the mail. Can anyone tell me if it be of any benefit for me to go this year, or should I wait for the next one. I will be at Smith and Wesson shooting with my son on Sunday si it's pretty close.

You might find it fun to look at what is out there and possibly make some plans on what to get. However without a license most dealers may not let you handle any firearms.

I will be there Sunday morning with the little guy. Father/son bonding time at a Gun show. I will be the tall handsome guy there, you cant miss me.[rofl]

To MrsWW, I am not trying to dis the show this weekend, just a heads-up that due to competition, don't be surprised if many "usual" vendors aren't there. [wink]

Just spotted this on ARfcom and posting it here so that folks expectations aren't set too high.

December 12 & 13 Harrisburg, Pa., 1200 tables Farm Show Complex, 2300 North Cameron St., 17110. Interstate - 81 exit 67 Cameron St. south to Farm Show Complex on right. From Pa. turnpike ( I - 76 ) exit 247, follow I - 283 north to I - 83 north to I - 81 south to exit 67. No great buildup needed for this show. It has become the largest show of its kind in the east. None bigger or longer established. Our usual offerings, plus an open invitation to REMINGTON, COLT, SMITH & WESSON, and Antique rifle and pistol (including Pennsylvania & Kentucky rifles) collectors WORLD WIDE to display or sell. Special display tables will be available and cash awards will be offered for the best educational display. A diverse show offering a variety of antique, modern, and military guns, knives and military collectibles and supplies.

Many gun show vendors are really small shops and thus they don't have personnel or inventory to "spread around" by attending two or more shows on the same weekend. Given competition, they choose the show that will likely give them the most revenue for their efforts, and we shouldn't blame them for that decision.

To MrsWW, I am not trying to dis the show this weekend, just a heads-up that due to competition, don't be surprised if many "usual" vendors aren't there. [wink]

Just spotted this on ARfcom and posting it here so that folks expectations aren't set too high.

Many gun show vendors are really small shops and thus they don't have personnel or inventory to "spread around" by attending two or more shows on the same weekend. Given competition, they choose the show that will likely give them the most revenue for their efforts, and we shouldn't blame them for that decision.

It happens. I am just hoping that the guy with all the various magazines shows up. I needs some.

It happens. I am just hoping that the guy with all the various magazines shows up. I needs some.

If the vendor you're looking for doesn't make it, try Guns & Gun Parts in W. Springfield. He may be at the show, as well. He has an interesting assortment of magazines.

I hope to make it Saturday to the Big E show....

If the vendor you're looking for doesn't make it, try Guns & Gun Parts in W. Springfield. He may be at the show, as well. He has an interesting assortment of magazines.

I do go there from time to time. In fact I found a mag for my Ruger Automatic Pistol last time. But now I need some mags for a Colt 1911 .22 conversion. Those are hard to find.

You should go. If anything it may help you avoid the first gun mistake many of us have made.

I am headed up there saturday, looking for a flattop for my AR :). That being said, and the fact that we live in MA...and our laws dont make any sense to anyone who isnt in politics...are you allowed to carry in there? I know its an obvious question, but I normally carry whenever I am not at work, and I will likely be carrying that day. I just dont want to get turned away at the door. I recall going with my father years ago, and he carried-but, that was before we all became criminals-in-waiting according to our legislature. I am thinking its fine, as you can buy those there...but I want to make sure. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom