GUN SHOW AND KNIFE SHOW- WILMINGTON, MASS.- March 3rd and 4th 2012

Is this show smaller than I remember??? In and out in 90 min including yapping with the boys at Powder-Keg and Happyhands Hank.

OTOH, the small nature in such a big space meant BIG room in the aisles. It never felt crowded. :)

But many less vendors than Marlboro. :(

GOAL at gun shows:

If they don't have volunteers for both days, they don't bother to setup a table. They lost 2 volunteers in this Family, at least until the BOD faces the music and squares away the org.

Also, what little staff is left may be inundated with the banquet/election process and may not have had the time/inclination to reach out for help running the table.

Comm2A at gun shows:

TTBOMK they have never had a table at any gun show.

I think folks are referring to C-pher offering the stickers to raise funds for Comm2A. If so, that is a private effort on C-pher's part.

It might be useful for Comm2A to take a table to make themselves known and collect donations, but I suspect that the few people involved in running it are much too busy to spend 14 hrs there.

Looking for the name of the dealer that had the oversize 5.56 ammo cans. Was end of a row near the back wall about the middle of the set up. He had the oversize cans were $18. I bought one I should've bought about four more!!!!!! Any help would be great

thanks in advance
SBR

Hell we were set up next to "C-Pher" and dint realize it, LOL. I was there with Bill Ferris, i think you did a transfer for him on Sunday, a Ruger pistol?. I talked to someone there about the M48 that was on the rack, I was tempted but shooting a bolt action rifle lefty is a hassle. Only other NES'er i knew there was Fred. I found a nice laminated M1A stock at Tombstone, great price but if i got it i would have to re bed the rifle to the stock and I loathe bedding M1A's
My main interests are Walthers and Garands, saw few of either that interested me although Tony Martinello had some nice Walthers and Garands at decent prices but nothing that would fill any holes in my collection. I think my big purchase of the day was a candy bar. The guy with all the $550 Mauser 98's was Rick Pundersen, real good guy, he has a website but i dont know if the Mausers are on it or not. I brought some Garand stuff to sell ( Armourors gauges, an M84 scope and mount) but i ended up taking it all home again, no bites at all. I only detected one or two smelly folks, both up by the jerky. i dont know how Saturday was on the "smellometer", hopefully no worse.

Oh yes, forgot I took this one. Spotted in the parking lot on Sunday. We liked it. [grin]

2012-03-04_10-08-23_749.jpg

Mike, better check on that, one is from the Ukraine and one is not. I thought they were the same at first but was corrected by a well known ammo poster on Gunboards.

Yes, reading into it now it appears this is correct. That said I can't tell the difference in shooting it- although being a Golden Tiger fanboi myself, I don't shoot that much Wolf/Tulammo. Is the distributor price cheaper for Tulammo vs Wolf?

I know some, like Ulyanovsk, was cheaper (like at least $10 a case) and was still decent ammo. I haven't seen as much of that around lately, at least not at that price differential.

-Mike

Yes, reading into it now it appears this is correct. That said I can't tell the difference in shooting it- although being a Golden Tiger fanboi myself, I don't shoot that much Wolf/Tulammo. Is the distributor price cheaper for Tulammo vs Wolf?

I know some, like Ulyanovsk, was cheaper (like at least $10 a case) and was still decent ammo. I haven't seen as much of that around lately, at least not at that price differential.

-Mike

Wolf usually runs the highest in price with Tula 2nd and Uly 3rd.

I did contribute to comm2a. I held my nose and gave some cash. I guess while we have some differences, they are out weighed by our similar goals.

Huh? As far as I know there are no problems, in the least, with Comm2A. Perhaps you mean the BS that is happening at GOAL.

I think I would have suggested to her that her prius would get better mileage if she lost a few pounds. Of course I would have said it in a tactful way,,,, NOT!

wolf = tula. Same thing different label.

-Mike

Mike I found the info i mentioned earlier,
"Wolf doesn't make it's own ammo, Tula, Ulyanovsk, and a few others produce the ammo for Wolf. Depends on which type; the Military Classic is made at the Ulyanovsk plant, Black Box is Tula, and Wolf Gold is made by Prvi Partizan in Serbia(Former Yugoslavia)"

As for the folks who say Wolf, Tula is "dirty" well it isn't sold as top shelf ammo and most of it is used in milsurp firearms which you should be cleaning after every trip to the range or hunting.
I have some Remington 223 match that is as dirty as tula.

Priva ammo is considered one of the better former commy block ammo for a long time.I use the match 308 in my Remington 700. 200 yard bench rest I achieve outstanding results. When I was lucky to shoot out to 400 meters the ammo performed great. I didn't :)

What an ignorant, nosy, self-righteous pig.

God did she also give up shampoo. I would have dialed 911 and filed a complaint of threatening.

On another note I wonder if her weight cuts down on her gas mileage.

To act and go off on such a rant like that in front of little kids and then insult your kids crossed the line. She is unstable to say the least.

God did she also give up shampoo. I would have dialed 911 and filed a complaint of threatening.

On another note I wonder if her weight cuts down on her gas mileage.

To act and go off on such a rant like that in front of little kids and then insult your kids crossed the line. She is unstable to say the least.

I had a super douchbag approach me with an attitude and agenda like that one day on Somerville ave.
There was a tractor trailer double parked while offloading cargo.
It was blocking in a pickup truck that was broken down, which I was summoned there to tow.
I couldn't get to the pickup until the TT unit moved, so I pulled forward to the next closest place to the curb, which just happen to be a bus stop. This flaming moonbat in a Prius pulls up behind me and starts taking pictures. I was standing right there and asked her what she was doing, she yelled at me saying I was blocking a bus stop. OK, so I'm blocking a bus stop, big deal, I'm driving a friggin' tow truck, it's an emergency vehicle, I was there on official business. But no, the moonbat says shes going to call the police.
I was getting a bit pissed now and told her "fine, call them, when they get here they'll to you to GTFO and to let me do my job".
All the while, she was filming and blocking the travel lane with her shitbox. She was so self righteous that she can block traffic with impunity to lecture me about stopping at a bus stop. I told her to move along several times, but she didn't care, and kept on with her rantings about my lack of respect for the law. I finally got her to leave when I pulled out my own camera and started shooting video of her. I hope to have the pleasure of peeling her Obama laden Prius off a guardrail someday.

smiley-finger004.gif

I had a super douchbag approach me with an attitude and agenda like that one day on Somerville ave.
There was a tractor trailer double parked while offloading cargo.
It was blocking in a pickup truck that was broken down, which I was summoned there to tow.
I couldn't get to the pickup until the TT unit moved, so I pulled forward to the next closest place to the curb, which just happen to be a bus stop. This flaming moonbat in a Prius pulls up behind me and starts taking pictures. I was standing right there and asked her what she was doing, she yelled at me saying I was blocking a bus stop. OK, so I'm blocking a bus stop, big deal, I'm driving a friggin' tow truck, it's an emergency vehicle, I was there on official business. But no, the moonbat says shes going to call the police.
I was getting a bit pissed now and told her "fine, call them, when they get here they'll to you to GTFO and to let me do my job".
All the while, she was filming and blocking the travel lane with her shitbox. She was so self righteous that she can block traffic with impunity to lecture me about stopping at a bus stop. I told her to move along several times, but she didn't care, and kept on with her rantings about my lack of respect for the law. I finally got her to leave when I pulled out my own camera and started shooting video of her. I hope to have the pleasure of peeling her Obama laden Prius off a guardrail someday.

smiley-finger004.gif

Sounds like she needs to drink her juice...

shut-up-and-drink-your-juice.jpg

Back
Top Bottom