• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GUN SHOW AND KNIFE SHOW- WILMINGTON, MASS.- March 3rd and 4th 2012

decent show compared to the few others i have been to. I got a Nagant revolver for $120 and a hex receiver 91/30 for $125. and some ammo. pics will be posted some time soon.

the Jerky was good

Scored a Viet Nam era M16 bandoleer with 140 rds of Lake City 5.56 on 10 round stripper clips for $30! Seller said people walked by it all day. I was the first to actually look at it and ask about it.

im debating to go back and get that g43 at the bottom of that pic (cut off) tomorrow. I held it and looked over for like 45 mins earlier today....

Did you see the other G43 that was duffle cut? They wanted a bit much for it. I held all three that were at the show for awhile. I dont have that much to spend right now but I had the feeling that they needed a new home LOL

I believe the mag is preban and the forum has had this conversation before. It definitely is not the brand new type out. It's hard to tell the newer ones from the late cut off preban ones. I know some people think they can tell right off but it's not that simple.

From what he describes it is NOT preban and is a felony to have. You're the one held to the fire not the dealer... but that's a conversation for another thread.

Last edited:
The show was allright. I wish there were more gun dealers and less junk dealers. I did manage to find 4 aftermarket weld on bolt handles for next to nothing and some Mauser bolt parts for cheap money. Left without buying any guns.

I am headed there in a few. Do they have any 50round boxes of defense ammo maybe like Federal HST, or Winchester Ranger?? Or should I just try Riley's or somewhere else? Anyone help before I leave?

I also want some new grips for my Ruger New Vaquero.

Last edited:
There were plenty and always are at every show in this area. It just depends what you're looking for.

MA gun shows are like flea markets. If you go to one expecting to find a certain item for a great price, you're most likely gonna be let down. But, when you happen upon that certain something thats priced right and you weren't expecting to find, it makes the trip a great day.

You also have to be willing to haggle with dealers. The last Marlboro show I picked up 1,000 rounds of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 for cheap money and no tax just because I asked.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, it was much more like a flea market, I guess that was the part I wasn't expecting. and of course, you are right about not everything being a deal, but there are deals there for someone.

I now know what what to expect. I did see that dry sausage guy, didn't know you could get samples;-) smelled great!

This is my case in point about this conversation we have had before. Most if not all police don't know the difference between the preban and post ban mags, some don't even care or notice. How many times has someone been question about their glock magazine. Just my opinion, I know some will disagree.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/4944-MA-Identifying-Pre-Ban-Glock-Mags

There was a cop that used to come into BPS when I worked there. He would tell me that if he caught anyone with either a mag over 10 rounds or a gun not on the list, he'd lock you up.

There was a cop that used to come into BPS when I worked there. He would tell me that if he caught anyone with either a mag over 10 rounds or a gun not on the list, he'd lock you up.

Ignorance runs deep! Dealers, LEOs and Instructors are all very guilty of this. It's a generalization, but it fits most that I've encountered.

The show was super busy. Sold a Model 11 all markings intact. It was beautiful.
Didn't look for any items considered "illegal to sell".

Thanks to all who stooped by and said Hi. Sorry I was busy working on MIRCS but hey, that's what gun-shows are all about.

I am headed there in a few. Do they have any 50round boxes of defense ammo maybe like Federal HST, or Winchester Ranger?? Or should I just try Riley's or somewhere else? Anyone help before I leave?

They might, but in the past couple of years gun shows have been terrible for handgun SD ammo. It seems like they are only selling the lots that people don't want. (for example, that silly 135 grain .40 S+W Win Ranger load). You are better off posting a WTB ad and getting some leads for ammo. I had to do a lot of human networking to get the Ranger RA9TA I got. [laugh]

-Mike

We had a good time. Ran in to a lot of familiar faces as soon as we made it in the door.

Nicole and I together found 7 linear inches of books and stocked up on soppresatta and summer sausage.

We got to see "C-pher's roving group buy" in action and Nicole appreciated the chance to shoulder a large number of SxS 20 gauges...helped her direct her planned purchase although nothing there today was the right one.

Nice to hear the cheer go up when they announced the bar was open. [grin]

They might, but in the past couple of years gun shows have been terrible for handgun SD ammo. It seems like they are only selling the lots that people don't want. (for example, that silly 135 grain .40 S+W Win Ranger load). You are better off posting a WTB ad and getting some leads for ammo. I had to do a lot of human networking to get the Ranger RA9TA I got. [laugh]

-Mike

Haha the Ranger T-Series is exactly what I am looking for. So, I will post an ad and maybe I will get lucky. No one seems to have it. I have the 9mm and love it, so hopefully I can find the .45 somewhere.

What city/town did he work for? I'm remember to stay out of there! Just kidding, maybe.

Went and was pout within an an hour. I was looking for 5,45 X 39 ammo. THe best I found was $180 per tin for corrosive Soviet surplus. THis price was about 60 per tin higher then it should be. I will just Bite the bullet and drive to Arms tech in naticj and buy some Wolf.

Just curious, did you question him any further on exactly which law he would justify this against?

That's probably wolf... what about XM193 and the like?

-Mike

i paid $160ish for 500 federal m193 at 308ammo
was like... $12 for brown bear 9mm Mak, seems like i found some cheaper than that online.... and didn't see any cases of 9mmM

picked up some AR mags... was hoping to find a 20" A2 or A3 upper....
no such luck (Fred had a nice one at his booth but wouldn't sell it without the lower! grr.... ;) )

so i "settled" for a 16" Spike's...

best deal of the day was at Acme Armament where i got the carry handle/rear sight....

Last edited:
Went and was pout within an an hour. I was looking for 5,45 X 39 ammo. THe best I found was $180 per tin for corrosive Soviet surplus. THis price was about 60 per tin higher then it should be. I will just Bite the bullet and drive to Arms tech in naticj and buy some Wolf.

Price on Saturday AM was at $300 for two tins, must have changed or he ran out.

yeh.... guy i bought the upper from wanted like... $75,
the parts guys had 'em for $65....

and there was a $20 airsoft one i could've snapped with one hand..... guess they're more expensive on saturday mornings, heh....

DOOR PRIZE?

In the many years that I have been attending these shows, I have NEVER heard of anyone ever winning a "DOOR PRIZE"!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom