• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun shops non essential?

Looks like gun shops will be closing starting tomorrow due to goveners executive orders. How many do you think will follow suit, and how are gun shops considered non essential?

Well.. I was in the process of having something sent to MFS... the shipper just called me and said MFS told them they are closing.

How is a gun shop considered essential?

If you don't have what you need, it's your problem, not the stores.

Well doe to the fact state and federal government has placed all these restrictions on the 2A they can't just let people hang out to. I'm placing no blame on the ffl's/gun shop.

Get caught up in a lingering situation that gets worse by the day without a gun to protect you and yours and you'll see just how essential a gun shop is.
Even in the commie state of Illinois, gun shops were exempted from the statewide shutdown. Massachusetts is always contesting for first place in the oppression/bad decision/ stupid contest.....and they usually win.

FFLs are a mandatory function to comply with federal law in the exercise of a fundamental right. If .gov can just close all the stores arbitrarily on a whim, or do what NJ is doing and shut off NICS, how are you going to exercise the 2A if you can't buy a gun or ammo or transfer through a dealer if required by a state lawfully?

Maybe just like the temporary Johnstown PA flood tax?

Tax to fund recovery
In 1936, a statewide temporary 10% tax on alcohol was created to assist with the city's recovery from the flood.[8][9]

By 1942, the tax had contributed $42 million to recovery costs. In 1951, the tax was made permanent, becoming the state liquor tax, with funds no longer earmarked for costs related to the flood. In the following years, the tax was raised twice to 18%.
[9]

Well.. I was in the process of having something sent to MFS... the shipper just called me and said MFS told them they are closing.
Try finding a local ffl without a store front, might still be willing to transfer if they haven't taken down the portal as well.

I think I saw a video the other day reporting that the people who buy (or try to buy) a gun right now are the same hypocrites who kept telling you that you don't need one (aka SJW/dems/jackasses). I feel bad for the store owners. For all those yet unarmed liberals who all of a sudden feel a need to protect themselves, not so much.

Looks like gun shops will be closing starting tomorrow due to goveners executive orders. How many do you think will follow suit, and how are gun shops considered non essential?

Did Baker specifically call-out gun stores as non-essential? I ask because other states have handled it in different ways. IL, for example, despite having an anti-gun Democratic governor, in his EO, called out “Essential Activities, Essential Government Functions, or to operate Essential Businesses and Operations.” These include information technology equipment manufacturers and suppliers, hardware, food, cleaning supplies, and “firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers for purposes of safety and security."

In MA you need licensing...So if you weren’t already in the works before all this it’s a non-issue and for the few people who try to buy their first gun they must know somebody who will loan them one. It’s not illegal to somebody a gun during a state of emergency if they’re licensed...

if your worried about guns or ammo your behind the curve or a liberal finding out what “gun safety/control” really means.

I think I saw a video the other day reporting that the people who buy (or try to buy) a gun right now are the same hypocrites who kept telling you that you don't need one (aka SJW/dems/jackasses). I feel bad for the store owners. For all those yet unarmed liberals who all of a sudden feel a need to protect themselves, not so much.
Hard not to agree with you, but as a pro 2A people we've seen it screwed with before but this
Did Baker specifically call-out gun stores as non-essential? I ask because other states have handled it in different ways. IL, for example, despite having an anti-gun Democratic governor, in his EO, called out “Essential Activities, Essential Government Functions, or to operate Essential Businesses and Operations.” These include information technology equipment manufacturers and suppliers, hardware, food, cleaning supplies, and “firearm and ammunition suppliers and retailers for purposes of safety and security."
Not sure, but I called a local shop, and I was told they will be closing start tomorrow, since most shops close on mondays we'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if others will follow suit, and if it's mandatory or not.

The list of "essential services" can be found here (9 pgs long):

Gun shops and hairdressers (my Wife had an appointment tomorrow and I had her cancel it before Faker spoke) aren't on that list.

Start delivering.

You want the gun and the store has the gun?

Transfer the funds, and the store owner shows up with a computer to your house. You pay an extra $30 cash as a "tip", enter the info in the computer and call it a day.

I am not saying they should, I am just saying I would probably try something like that.

Start delivering.

Transfer the funds, and the store owner shows up with a computer to your house. You pay an extra $30 cash as a "tip", enter the info in the computer and call it a day.

I am not saying they should, I am just saying I would probably try something like that.
How would this meet the requirement that FFLs conduct transfers only at their place of business or gun shows?

Start delivering.

The moral of the story the government has created a prohibitive system, and yank it from under our feet. It doesn't matter if you've got guns and ammo galore, you should be upset a constitutional right is being infringed upon. Maybe we should go back to the old days of not needing a middle man.

The simple solution is that guns and ammo should go 100% mail order with the Constitution as your license. Wait, that is how it is supposed to be anyways ...

Licenses are no different than a Poll Tax!

My issue with the fact that Firearms are not listed as essential really boil down to what they do consider essential.

1) they consider Liquor stores essential. Ok, straight up liquor stores provide no essential products.
2) marijuana retailers. Ok, I get they do provide "medical" marijuana products, but your grasping at straws at this point.
3) Communications. you know damn well if they shutdown the media all helll would be going lose.

So why is my defense, access to ammunition and firearms, any less essential than the media, Marijuana outlets, or Liquor stores?

Don't get me wrong, I have no, current, need to stock up on either ammo or firearms. I'm set for my defense/supply, at the moment. I do see this as an infringement on my rights. They are limiting my access. How long can they shutdown that right before some of you feel its now an infringement? How about the next "emergency", how beig of an emergency does it need to be for the state to remove our access.

Not looking to pick a fight, just thinking out loud.

My issue with the fact that Firearms are not listed as essential really boil down to what they do consider essential.

1) they consider Liquor stores essential. Ok, straight up liquor stores provide no essential products.
2) marijuana retailers. Ok, I get they do provide "medical" marijuana products, but your grasping at straws at this point.
3) Communications. you know damn well if they shutdown the media all helll would be going lose.

So why is my defense, access to ammunition and firearms, any less essential than the media, Marijuana outlets, or Liquor stores?

Don't get me wrong, I have no, current, need to stock up on either ammo or firearms. I'm set for my defense/supply, at the moment. I do see this as an infringement on my rights. They are limiting my access. How long can they shutdown that right before some of you feel its now an infringement? How about the next "emergency", how beig of an emergency does it need to be for the state to remove our access.

Not looking to pick a fight, just thinking out loud.
Wait till the cops start telling defenseless people they can't respond to their emergency call we'll see how essential the 2a has always been.

Back
Top Bottom