• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Shops Near Dedham

I've never heard of it. Where is it?

If you go through Randolph center on 28, when you get to the split where you go right to brockton or left to Braintree you go left. It's about a mile down. You take a left after the railroad tracks.
The full name is Outer Limits Pro Shop.

Last edited:
Dedham Ma, I would say the obvious of Dicks sporting goods. Not that close to you but there is a small gun shop in Quincy called Sportsmens Den. You could make it down and back maybe on an hour lunch break.

Of course Bass Pro just down the 1 from Dedham, lots of camo and long guns but the handgun selection is weak sauce. Gartman Arms in Wrentham was this amazing shop that was more like a museum, it really was because if you asked about a gun he almost always said, thats in my personal collection and not for sale. Sadly the old timer and fascinating orator passed about a year ago. I heard his daughter was going to open the place again and expand the hours and selection. Benko only opened one day a week, I used to go just to hear his stories. You may want to check out if she re opened the store.

I have driven past the place the last couple of weeks on different days, and a large OPEN sign is on the gun store side.

1776 Gunsmithing on Rt 1A in Walpole isn't far either. They just got some ammo in and have a few guns there for sale, I think they're looking to expand that.

They had some Black Talon on Saturday, although it was pricey as hell. He did offer me $5 off per box when he realized (I put my long overdue Anvil GB build in to get Massified) an NES'er.

If you go through Randolph center on 28, when you get to the split where you go right to brockton or left to Braintree you go left. It's about a mile down. You take a left after the railroad tracks.

Outer Limits Pro Shop
148 Centre Street (the Duggan Oil Bldg)
HOLBROOK MASSACHUSETTS 02343

HOURS:
OPEN TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 12P – 7P AND SATURDAYS 11A – 6 P.

Last edited:
I know the backroads well, but they can be tricky and don't seem to be routed that way via GPS of mapquest etc.. Your right thouh, you can sneak down South st to Charles river rd and over. in typical traffic still over 40 minutes if you don't get lost. Maybe less from West of Dedham center, but can take 10mi + just to get through Dedham from from some parts. Remind me to stay clear of the roads when your driving if it takes you 20 minutes though :)

This is the fastest and best way to go between Dedham ctr and Natick ctr. 109 takes you way out of the way, you go west on 109 then north on 27. Cutting through Needham and Dover is a straight route.

From Natick (B&K) you would go east on rt 135, then right onto Union street down through the lights in south natick, then after crossing the bridge (Charles River) on Pleasant street, you take the left just after, that is Dover Road. You stay on dover road to charles river street to south street then right on rt 135 into Dedham center.

There are a few lights but they are quick and the entire route has a low amount of traffic at any hour, even rush hour. 109 can be terrible with traffic and don't speed through Sherborn, a really really boring town so the cops look for things to do (radar). There are some ways to go through Dover more but they are not at direct as the route above.

You don't take the sharp left towards Braintree, you take a partial left towards Holbrook Ctr on Rte. 139.

+1 for suggesting BassPro.

I went into Gartman Arms once inquiring about 1911's. Benko had one that he showed me. I knew it was something special as when he took it out of the drawer, he did so with white gloves. It was a (circa) 1914 model original Colt 1911. An amazing piece of history, but at $5K+, well out of my price range.

Was at BPS this week and NOT ONE 9MM ROUND IN STOCK! I couldn't believe it! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom