• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun shops in southern NH

Finally got a friend to take the plunge and purchase. He lives near Plaistow. I am going to go with him to look, but am unfamiliar with shops in the area. Looking for what would have the largest selection. Any suggestions and recommendations within say 45 minutes of there. Thanks.

Theres 2 in plaistow, daves seemed like mostly only sold taurus, i forget the name offhand of the other shop further up 125 next to bresnahans with the big target out front, okay selection there.

Theres 2 in plaistow, daves seemed like mostly only sold taurus, i forget the name offhand of the other shop further up 125 next to bresnahans with the big target out front, okay selection there.

The other shop is called Stateline, his selection is much better than Daves.

Stateline Guns Ammo & Archery
153 Plaistow Rd.
Plaistow NH 03865

IIRC, Daves has been under new ownership for the last several years.
I remember the old Daves used to be crammed from wall to wall with so much stuff you could barely move around in there.

There's also Costa Arms up the road in Kingston.

Costa Arms
15 Church St
Kingston NH 03848-3073

not sure how close these are to you, Rileys in Hookset, Stateline in Mason, Collectors in Pelham NH, Pelham Firearms in Pelham, Petes Gun and Tackle in Hudson and I think there are some in Londonderry.

In 45 minutes you could also get to Chester Arms (call first, though) and MFLR in Manchester.

Both are great shops although MFLR will have a wider selection.

Im a big fan of the 2 shops in Merrimack. Both priced great on ammo. Merrimack Firearms and Collectable Arms & Ammo.

The other shop is called Stateline, his selection is much better than Daves.

Stateline Guns Ammo & Archery
153 Plaistow Rd.
Plaistow NH 03865

IIRC, Daves has been under new ownership for the last several years.
I remember the old Daves used to be crammed from wall to wall with so much stuff you could barely move around in there.

There's also Costa Arms up the road in Kingston.

Costa Arms
15 Church St
Kingston NH 03848-3073

Gene at Stateline is a good guy, but the prices there are a bit on the high side. He will generally match prices. I haven't tried Costa Arms despite driving by there often. Being in NH I now mostly use Gun Genie on Gallery of Guns to find the best price I can and pick it up at local FFL.

Finally got a friend to take the plunge and purchase. He lives near Plaistow. I am going to go with him to look, but am unfamiliar with shops in the area. Looking for what would have the largest selection. Any suggestions and recommendations within say 45 minutes of there. Thanks.

On 125 near the adult video store is Dave's... further up the road there is Stateline Guns Ammo + Archery... both on the right side of the northbound lane. Stateline is a lot bigger than Dave's, but both nice shops.

-Mike

I've made two purchases from Stateline, good crew in there. Awful ammo selection though, but its cheaper to mail order anyway.

If he's figuring on joining a club anyway, Country Pond here in Newton has an FFL.. that's where I get my fix now and it's dangerous. 3% above cost. A gun a year covers your dues basically.

I've made two purchases from Stateline, good crew in there. Awful ammo selection though, but its cheaper to mail order anyway.

If he's figuring on joining a club anyway, Country Pond here in Newton has an FFL.. that's where I get my fix now and it's dangerous. 3% above cost. A gun a year covers your dues basically.

So its always a bad ammo selection then, figured I kept hitting them at a bad time [laugh]

So its always a bad ammo selection then, figured I kept hitting them at a bad time [laugh]

I figure they must not put to much money into it with Walmart right down the road... either that or they just cant keep it in stock at a decent price. They do have a lot of shelf space for it... there's just never been anything there.

Back
Top Bottom