Gun shops in Maine

So I was up in Maine Wed-Thurs for house hunting and had time to stop at some LGS's. Met a few really nice owners. I was surprised to see as many 9MM handguns in these shops. They even had some 9MM ammo, one shop was $24.99 a box.
One shop did have a sign on their door that said Maine residents only, but I went in anyway. I asked about the ammo and employee asked to see my Maine DL which I told him I did not have and wasn't interested in buying the ammo either. They had a lot of nice guns there. Hoping to find a home by the end of the year up there. Also looking to buy some guns we can't "have" here.

I've been looking to move to central Maine, I'm hoping in the next year depending on if I find a job first or just give up on Mass completely.

I haven't been to any LGS, but I have bought 12ga at the Augusta walmart

Well if I can legally buy a gun in Maine why can't I buy the ammo for it?

You can buy ammo in Maine as long as you're over 18. the gun shop limited sales to Mainers only because so many people from Ma and NH are going up there to buy ammo. that's why they asked for a Maine DL

Yes I understand. I was wondering if having a Maine residence also they would let you purchase ammo without a Maine drivers license?

As long as you are over 18. The DL is for proof of age only.

Back
Top Bottom