Gun Shops for Transfer In/Around Salem, MA?

Does anyone know gun shops in and around Salem, MA? I'd like to find one that I can use for the usual ammunition purchases and such, but I also need an FFL for upcoming firearms transfers from out of state.

The one closest to me is Dave Frank's Motorcycle and Gun Sales (now *that's* a mix!), but I can't find much info about that shop.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Norm

The one closest to me is Dave Frank's Motorcycle and Gun Sales (now *that's* a mix!), but I can't find much info about that shop.
Norm
The only thing missing is Cigars and Alcohol. Welcome to the forum Norm. [wink]

Norm, welcome to the forum.

Try Terry Goode aka Collectors Firearms & Militaria, 122 Bridge St., Unit 9, Pelham, NH 03076, (603) 635-9699. He's in the same building as Bob of Affordable Firearms. Both are good guys (no pun).

Norm, welcome to the forum.

Try Terry Goode aka Collectors Firearms & Militaria, 122 Bridge St., Unit 9, Pelham, NH 03076, (603) 635-9699. He's in the same building as Bob of Affordable Firearms. Both are good guys (no pun).
Len, wouldn't a Massachusetts resident need an FFL in MA? He asked about Salem, MA...

Duh!! [rolleyes]

My apologies! I missed the MA and there's been so much talk of NH lately that my brain focused on the wrong state. [Something about ass-u-me!]

I'll let my stupidity stand! I earned it! [laugh]

Sorry, I don't know any shops near Salem, MA.

Norm,
I stopped by Dave Frank's some time ago. The gun selection was almost non-existent, and his ammo prices were fairly high. He might be able to help you with ffl transfers though.
For pistol ammo, esp 9mm and 0.40, I find that the Walmart at Danvers off of 114 has the best prices, although their stocks fluctuate.
For rifle ammo, I would suggest either Collectors Gallery (collectorsguns.com) or Four Seasons (fsguns.com).

Regards.

Does anyone know gun shops in and around Salem, MA? I'd like to find one that I can use for the usual ammunition purchases and such, but I also need an FFL for upcoming firearms transfers from out of state.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Norm

Norm, there's also Magnum Sporting Goods in Danvers just off Route 1. Great shop, a little on the small side, but they should be able to help you out.

Actually, in El Cajon, California, there is a shop (or was, anyway) called Hiram's Guns and Liquor. It was a liquor store on one side, and a pretty good gun shop on the other side, with cigars available on both sides. To comply with local laws they put a door between the two sides of the business: one of those old-west style swinging doors.

The only thing missing is Cigars and Alcohol. Welcome to the forum Norm. [wink]

Thanks.

I just want to thank everyone for the information and the welcome to the forums. I had no idea there were so many shops around here - it's not like they advertise much.

Norm.

Epilogue: Dave Frank's Motorcycles and Guns

Dropped in there earlier this week. Nice guy, friendly, small shop. Guns for sale are all under glass on two small shelves, and a few rifles and shotguns hanging overhead. He didn't have much in the way of handguns (maybe eight in all), but he says that they come and go. He also said that he's getting out of the ammunition business, since the state now requires a separate license for it.

And that's about it. Clearly guns are a small sideline to the more profitable motorcycle parts business.

Back
Top Bottom