• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun shop's Facebook account removed

I received this message from owner Charlie Ricko just today (I did reply with a note asking if he minded if I shared his dilemma on NES):
I am writing to inform you that as of today (1/25/17), Facebook has removed our Overwatch Outpost page. We feel that the timing of this action may have something to do with the suit that has been filed on our behalf regarding second amendment rights in Massachusetts.

Though we are appealing Facebook's decision to remove our page, there remains a possibility that we will be permanently banned from Facebook.

I wanted to reach out to our customers, and first, let you know that we are still very much in business. In fact, we have expanded our operations to include guided Fly Fishing Trips and firearms instruction. We would also ask that you continue to support us, and help get the word out about this unfair removal of our business page.
Thank you for your continued support.

Charles Ricko
Overwatch Outpost

EDIT: Sorry, 71montess posted about this a few minutes before.

Last edited:
Duck face book .... are you telling me we gun owners can't get a social network devoted to gun ownership! What 100 mil or so gun owners and we have to rely on face book....
WTF... **** facebook

Duck face book .... are you telling me we gun owners can't get a social network devoted to gun ownership! What 100 mil or so gun owners and we have to rely on face book....
WTF... **** facebook

As much as we all would like to say **** Facebook, it is a readily available platform to reach tons of people which is being used constantly. It'd be asinine to ignore it or boycott it until it becomes too much of a hassle.

Personally I don't use FB, but from a business perspective it's (unfortunately) an essential tool these days. Hope the page gets restored.

Most likely a bunch of ass bags reporting it to Facebook that OverWatch is posting nudity. Seeing that Facebook doesn't use actual humans to review these claims their system automatically shuts the page down after x amount of reports. This happens to turtleboysports.com quite often, OverWatch should reach out to them because they are at war with Facebook about this. Mention to them it has to do with suing Healey I bet they will run a story about it.
I wonder what kind of "official" reason (if any) Facebook gave when they removed Overwatch Outpost's page. [hmmm]

WTF... **** facebook

I've been thinking/wondering that for a while now....

Facebook has 2x as many active users as Youtube, 6x as many as Twitter...

Sure, 100 million "owners", but how many are activists and would go to any actual effort to join a special "gunny" social network like Gun District?

it is a readily available platform to reach tons of people which is being used constantly. It'd be asinine to ignore it or boycott it until it becomes too much of a hassle.
Businesses can't afford to ignore the biggest online marketing site in the world. No other social network can offer anything like Facebook's ability to offer a captive audience for targeted advertising.

So even if their core user base hates us, Facebook isn't optional for a business that wants to actually grow.

Most likely a bunch of ass bags reporting it to Facebook that OverWatch is posting nudity. Seeing that Facebook doesn't use actual humans to review these claims their system automatically shuts the page down after x amount of reports. This happens to turtleboysports.com quite often, OverWatch should reach out to them because they are at war with Facebook about this. Mention to them it has to do with suing Healey I bet they will run a story about it.

So if we get 50+ people to report on the Bloomberg gun control groups do you think they would be offline temporarily?

Just out of curiosity... what are the 5 reasons?

Oh, you'll love these reasons.

attachment.php

Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom