Gun Shops and Gun Laws of Iraq: Part One (Baghdad)

Reptile

NES Member
www.thefirearmblog.com
More than once, when I argued about gun control with different people, I heard the same argument: “If you want to have your precious “assault weapons” – go live in Iraq, Afghanistan, or Somalia, they have no gun laws, you’ll be happy there owning your silly weapons of war”. However, after working in those places for a while, I realized that all of the above-mentioned countries have extremely restrictive gun laws. And Iraq is perhaps the best example of that.

Last year, I was visiting Iraq for the 10th time and had an opportunity to look at the local gun shops and gun markets that thread a fine line between the black market and legal industry in the country where the distinction between the two is blurry.

Depending on the region, the market changes dramatically. Before we begin our journey to Baghdad, I want to thank my good friend Dr. A., who helped me immensely to discover all the intricate details of the Iraqi gun trade and was the most welcoming and caring host of all my trips to Iraq.

Continues...

"A Glock 19, especially Gen 4 and 5 retails for $4000-$5000 in Baghdad."

Ho lee phuc. Even more "RARE" and valuable than in MA lol.

So, from the article, it sounds like Fudd weapons are heavily restricted, while actual "weapons o' war" aren't.

Isn't this the way it should be?

Even though I prefer Fudd guns to the newest Timmy Tacticools, the way gun laws work is 180 degrees removed from the Constitution's intent. You should be able to prove that your SxS .410 has a legitimate purpose in self defense or resisting tyranny. Permits, taxes and fees should be allowed for hunting and target weapons. Pistols, sawn off shotguns and full auto should be cash and carry, or distributed to families like the old welfare food boxes.

Back
Top Bottom