Gun Shop Attitudes and Open Letter to Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I despise retail so I actually give some respect to people who work at gun shops. If someone asked me " Do you have any AR's" for 8hrs, 5 days a week I would explode.

And another thing. Ive been at my local shop hanging around and the phone rings off the hook.

All I hear is, sorry we are all out of AR mags. Sorry we are sold out of ARs, we are out of bodyguards but we have a display model you can look at, we have .223 and 5.56 ammo, sorry we are sold out of the shield.

Now you dont think you will get a little frustrated when your dealing with a customer in person and the phone rings off the hook with those questions?

I think they do the best they can.

OP, try the Sporstmens Den in Quincy MA.

A story: when I was 11 and living in VA, my friend and I road our bikes to a local gun shop near our neighborhood. There were only two guys behind the counter when we got there. They let us handle a few guns, including an Uzi variant. The told us to bring our parents next time!

Yeah, those days are long gone.

I just stay away during crazy times. I've been squirreling away stuff for a rainy day, that day is here and I have no need to go to the gun shop until things settle down. I'll be back when prices and stock return to normal.

And another thing. Ive been at my local shop hanging around and the phone rings off the hook.

All I hear is, sorry we are all out of AR mags. Sorry we are sold out of ARs, we are out of bodyguards but we have a display model you can look at, we have .223 and 5.56 ammo, sorry we are sold out of the shield.

Now you dont think you will get a little frustrated when your dealing with a customer in person and the phone rings off the hook with those questions?

I think they do the best they can.

Absolutely you'd get frustrated but every stores site says "call before making the trip down to make sure blah blah blah".

Deal with annoying calls or deal with annoying people in person.

Just bring cash. If you're looking for a Mommy you came to the wrong place. Go in, identify your purchase, lay down the cash, do the paper, get your firearm and leave. No one needs to blow anyone. If you want a blowjob it ain't on the menu right now.

Last edited:
Why should a gun store waste time on the phone anwsering 20 questions of some stroker when they are busy with paying customers in front if them.

And why should a store hire extra help during this crazed buying, so they have to let them go after no ban happens

And four seasons sucks

I asked a gun store I spend A LOT of money from if they had a certain gun in stock, and they never responded. I'm NOT a tire kicker, and there's a good chance I'd go in and buy more than one gun at once. I'll go online instead now. They don't need my money during the craze, but they will when it dies down like any normal business. Oh well.

OP, try the Sporstmens Den in Quincy MA.

A story: when I was 11 and living in VA, my friend and I road our bikes to a local gun shop near our neighborhood. There were only two guys behind the counter when we got there. They let us handle a few guns, including an Uzi variant. The told us to bring our parents next time!

Yeah, those days are long gone.

I second the Sportsman's Den.

Since the first I have had both FS and collectors hold used handguns for me; at collectors I called on Tuesday morning and they held it until I came in on Wednesday and they were flexible on the price. Visiting both on weekday mornings service was good and quick.

Why should a gun store waste time on the phone anwsering 20 questions of some stroker when they are busy with paying customers in front if them.

And why should a store hire extra help during this crazed buying, so they have to let them go after no ban happens

And four seasons sucks

Because good gun shops know their customers will sometimes drive an hour or two (even more...) to go to their shop and those that do are their to buy. Those customers aren't stokers. Extra help is called temporary workers, seasonal help. If you're a businessman this isn't a foreign concept.
I've been to FS, I've bought from FS and have gotten some good deals. Having said that, everyone's experiences are different.

Since the first I have had both FS and collectors hold used handguns for me; at collectors I called on Tuesday morning and they held it until I came in on Wednesday and they were flexible on the price. Visiting both on weekday mornings service was good and quick.

Ditto. Although I give a slight edge to Collectors. I've bought a number of handguns from them and have found them very good to deal with. FS, maybe because it's busier, is less customer centric. Unless you're a frequent customer. At least that was my observation when I went in there looking for something.

Agree - there are bad customers and bad gun shops. But the majority are good people. It has been busier than heck over the last few weeks. Both sides need to understand the current circumstances and have a little patience and understanding. The shop owners should be happier than a pig in shit making record sales. $$$$ [grin]

I have been getting frustrated in calling gun stores as well. I understand that things are busy and they may not pick up the phone. I tried many times to reach a place over an hour a way to drop off my gun for gunsmith work and to pick up about $500+ worth of ammo between myself and my cousin. Im very frustrated because only a few gunsmiths I've talked to are willing to do a trigger job on a Walther PPS, and I've only been recommended one and he was the one I've been trying to contact for over a week on when I can drop it off (Website says he's not always in on his posted times)

Instead, we went to Precision Armament Werks in Franklin who picked up the phone and despite being very busy for their size, they were able to help me up over the phone. Not only did we each buy a good amount of ammo (Cleaned out their Tula 9mm), we BOTH purchased new handguns.

Absolutely you'd get frustrated but every stores site says "call before making the trip down to make sure blah blah blah".

Deal with annoying calls or deal with annoying people in person.

Its a lose lose scenario, people get frustrated when no one picks up or they are rushed off the phone, and people will get pissed off when they are in the store purchasing a firearm and the person dealing with them are interrupted by the phone.

No matter what you do someone will get there panties in a bunch.

And I dont work at a store, I just hang out and watch the chaos.

Gun store Basics:

10 REM NES Gun Store 101
20 PRINT "DID YOU LIKE THE GUN STORE? YES/NO"
30 READ LIKEIT
40 IF LIKEIT = "NO" GOTO 100
50 PRINT "GO BACK TO THAT STORE"
60 GOTO 20

100 PRINT "IS THERE ANOTHER STORE YOU CAN GO TO? YES/NO"
110 READ GOAGAIN
120 IF GOAGAIN = "NO" GOTO 200
130 PRINT "GO TO ANOTHER STORE"
140 GOTO 20

200 PRINT "YOU HAVE BEEN TO ALL THE STORES AND HATE THEM ALL. IT'S NOT THEM IT'S YOU. YOU ARE AN ASS."
300 END

Gun store Basics:

10 REM NES Gun Store 101
20 PRINT "DID YOU LIKE THE GUN STORE? YES/NO"
30 READ LIKEIT
40 IF LIKEIT = "NO" GOTO 100
50 PRINT "GO BACK TO THAT STORE"
60 GOTO 20

100 PRINT "IS THERE ANOTHER STORE YOU CAN GO TO? YES/NO"
110 READ GOAGAIN
120 IF GOAGAIN = "NO" GOTO 200
130 PRINT "GO TO ANOTHER STORE"
140 GOTO 20

200 PRINT "YOU HAVE BEEN TO ALL THE STORES AND HATE THEM ALL. IT'S NOT THEM IT'S YOU. YOU ARE AN ASS."
300 END

Nice! Thanks for the Vic 20 flashback! [laugh]

Agree - there are bad customers and bad gun shops. But the majority are good people. It has been busier than heck over the last few weeks. Both sides need to understand the current circumstances and have a little patience and understanding. The shop owners should be happier than a pig in shit making record sales. $$$$ [grin]

This. A lot of shop owners are frustrated because they cant get in what people want. They are also nervous because if they order 100 ar's at inflated prices and .gov bans them they are fxcked. If they dont have a ban they are fxcked as well cause demand will drop exponentially.

Most places ive visited were busy but treating people just fine. Pullman arms is one of them. Great guys there

If a gun shop wants to give me shitty customer service that is fine. Walking out the door doesn't bother me in the slightest. As a fairly intelligent person it wont take much effort to locate their direct competitor and ensure they receive my business from now on. You can treat me like shit, and I can also spread the word and make sure you dont get business. Read: The Gun Room in Shrewsbury.

Go to IDC in Clinton. Great people, great selection great service. Will take a lot to even get me to look somewhere else.

where I work there are only 5 of us sometimes we get swamped and no one can answer the phone because we take the customers who are in the shop first then answer phone we always ask them to call back in a few minutes besides I would rather spend a few minutes with someone face to face then spend 5-10 minutes on the phone and they don't buy anything

You know retail, thank you. I am sick of tire kickers when the shops are full bore. Call someone @9.99 per minute to bull shit with.

Last edited:
Just bring cash. If you're looking for a Mommy you came to the wrong place. Go in, identify your purchase, lay down the cash, do the paper, get your firearm and leave. No one needs to blow anyone. If you want a blowjob it ain't on the menu right now.

Gee thanks free willy. So I am new to guns and am not sure what I want but have CASH, I should just stay home!. Quite a retail strategy. You will go far. . Ron

Dear gun shop customers,

This is not an Asian massage parlor. We are not here to hold your hand and tell you how sweet you are. We don't give out happy endings, and will not touch your peepee.
We supply guns, ammo, and accessories. If you don't like the price, or the service, and choose not to buy what we have, move out of the way so the guy behind you can buy it.

Thank you, The Management!

Oh yeah, IBTL

And for the record, I don't work at a gun shop.

I hope you don't work with CUSTOMERS, -- ANYWHERE !!

If I ever talked like that to even our most PITA folks, I'd be out on my ass.

My Boss has canned people for that - and I'm with him 100% !

Gee thanks free willy. So I am new to guns and am not sure what I want but have CASH, I should just stay home!. Quite a retail strategy. You will go far. . Ron
In the current situation he will do real good. E mail and phone calls are a plus. Customers in the shop bay the bills .

You know retail, thank you. I am sick of tire kickers when the shops are full bore. Call someone @9.99 per minute to bull shit with.

I agree with that.

There is NOTHING more aggravating than a Clerk who pays more attention to the Phone, than a Customer who is RIGHT THERE !

I love 2 girl massage with happy ending the only problem is they keep getting shut down in my area[frown]

I guess I haven't crossed the Annisquam River Bridge in a while. I always thought you had to cross the Essex Bridge into Salem for one of those. I think it'd be a good idea to have a two girl massage.
That way they'll have someone to talk to after I fall asleep, in like 2 minutes.

On second thought, my wife probably wouldn't approve,
maybe I shouldn't have bought her all those guns [rolleyes] .

i do agree, four seasons is not the most excellent gun shop ever. will say again, a dump in a basement across from the police station...

Four Seasons is the Walmart of gun shops, they offer super-low prices and massive volume, not hand-holding white glove service. Their new firearm prices are incredibly low even on wait-list guns that they could charge a premium for. You also have to know your salesmen there, some just suck, some know revolvers, some are plastic gun fan-boys and some are AR junkies. If you ask the salesman about a gun he is passionate about, you can get good service. It does blow my mind how much time they spend with total newbies, specifically Carl works with a lot of them. I have purchased many new and used guns from them over the years and have always gotten a great deal. They definitely don't want to sit around and bullshit. I mean hell, I was looking for a BCG a few months ago and the dude over the phone went to a couple of websites trying to help me out... If you don't know what you want or want to shoot the shit, this is not the place. If you guys bought Cameras from the Hasidic Jews in Brooklyn in the 80s and 90s you would feel right at home!

For my needs, I am liking Collectors Gallery in Stoneham more and more, they are never as crazy, their ammo is usually cheaper, they have a functional stock of reloading gear and they have a ton of used stuff. They are also large enough where they get in a reasonable supply of the hard to find new guns as well.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom