• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Scrubber vs. Breakfree Powder Blast

anyone have any thoughts on which of these is better? I have “synthetic safe” Gun Scrubber and it works good in the .22s when they’ve gone over 1k rounds between cleanings. Powder Blast seems to be cheaper though by a few bucks but the reviews say it’s not safe on plastics. MFG labels says safe for all gun metal finishes, even polymer composite. Anyone use powder blast? How do you like it?

Powder Blast is pretty similar to regular automotive brake cleaner. It has acetone and toluene in it. It can be awfully damaging to paint, plastic ect. Personally I dont bother with it for the most part, not as part of a normal cleaning routine anyway. Ive used brake cleaner in certain situations if Im trying to really degrease something but thats usaully for small METAL parts only.

Love gun scrubber for blasting out the internals on my Ruger 22’s. Never tried the powder blast.

Back
Top Bottom