Gun Sanctuaries!

Good. Wish we could see something similar in MA/New England. I doubt we will though.

Can someone tell me why they think this is a good thing? Ok, so the sheriff is going to "Refuse to enforce these laws" except in reality they probably will enforce them indirectly. They won't go after you for your illegal "Assault weapon" but when they find it in your house while they are there for another reason it will go into reports, and evidence, and the DA will still throw the charge at you. The stores will still not be able to legally sell you something that a ridiculous state law says they can't because the state or the ATF would be all over them for it.

So you can't buy it, you can't have it at home, in case someone in the house has a heart attack or interacts with the cops because of something else, you are on thin ice taking it to a range because one rogue deputy arresting you for it will still ruin you. (Can't unring that bell and the DA will sure as shit still prosecute you even if the sheriff doesn't want it to happen) and if the sheriff is pissed at you for any other reason all of a sudden you might find yourself in a boatload of trouble because you foolishly believed they would leave you alone.

Tell me again how them vowing not to enforce this works out? Perhaps you will be like those guys who relied on the kansas law to shield them from the feds and then all the legislators who came up with the law in the first place wrung their hands and said there was nothing they could do about the federal charges? They sure as hell didn't send their own state police to break them out of federal lockup, or even lift a single finger to stop them from being arrested in the first place.

These guys are virtue signaling, no more. I'm glad to hear they are on our side, perhaps in the future they will show up before the law is enacted and do something about it. Maybe if they want to use their power as sheriff they could start arresting anyone who votes for laws like this for the most trivial of things. Every day nail them for speeding, or any one of the stupid laws on the books that allow arrest. Do this to them, their families, their friends and maybe they will see the error of their ways enacting nonsense laws. But of course that won't happen, because it is all useless hot air meant to help their re-election campaigns and is eaten up by far too many people who should know better.

You'd stand a better chance of seeing a leprechaun riding a unicorn.

this could be Boston common:

Leprechaun-Riding-Unicorn.jpg

Can someone tell me why they think this is a good thing? Ok, so the sheriff is going to "Refuse to enforce these laws" except in reality they probably will enforce them indirectly. They won't go after you for your illegal "Assault weapon" but when they find it in your house while they are there for another reason it will go into reports, and evidence, and the DA will still throw the charge at you. The stores will still not be able to legally sell you something that a ridiculous state law says they can't because the state or the ATF would be all over them for it.

So you can't buy it, you can't have it at home, in case someone in the house has a heart attack or interacts with the cops because of something else, you are on thin ice taking it to a range because one rogue deputy arresting you for it will still ruin you. (Can't unring that bell and the DA will sure as shit still prosecute you even if the sheriff doesn't want it to happen) and if the sheriff is pissed at you for any other reason all of a sudden you might find yourself in a boatload of trouble because you foolishly believed they would leave you alone.

Tell me again how them vowing not to enforce this works out? Perhaps you will be like those guys who relied on the kansas law to shield them from the feds and then all the legislators who came up with the law in the first place wrung their hands and said there was nothing they could do about the federal charges? They sure as hell didn't send their own state police to break them out of federal lockup, or even lift a single finger to stop them from being arrested in the first place.

These guys are virtue signaling, no more. I'm glad to hear they are on our side, perhaps in the future they will show up before the law is enacted and do something about it. Maybe if they want to use their power as sheriff they could start arresting anyone who votes for laws like this for the most trivial of things. Every day nail them for speeding, or any one of the stupid laws on the books that allow arrest. Do this to them, their families, their friends and maybe they will see the error of their ways enacting nonsense laws. But of course that won't happen, because it is all useless hot air meant to help their re-election campaigns and is eaten up by far too many people who should know better.

Meh. “Virtue signaling” or not, I will take it. Anybody with a voice standing up in opposition gets a thumbs up from me. Seems to be working for the anti’s doesn’t it?

Back
Top Bottom