Gun sanctuaries catch on

“I said, well, they’re creating sanctuary counties for illegals up in Chicago, why don’t we just steal their word and make Effingham County a sanctuary county for firearms?” Kibler relayed to the crowd at a conservative gathering, to massive applause.

the path is wrong, but outcome is good. The path taken here is the realization that we are no longer a country of laws. This leads to securing one of the fundamental rights back.

the path is wrong, but outcome is good. The path taken here is the realization that we are no longer a country of laws. This leads to securing one of the fundamental rights back.
It almost never happens, but this time, I have to disagree with you big time. The US constitution is the law of the land. Following it can not be the wrong path. The new gun laws, like ANY gun law, are infringements on the rights of the people as recognized in the constitution and the bill of rights. Not following them can therefor not be the wrong thing. This is just on Guy's opinion tho, so take it for what it is.

It’s catching on here in N.C. next door Pender County is debating it right now. Cherokee already went with it.

I hear that my county, Onslow, is sort of saying, of course we’re sanctuary, why do we need to state it? Sort of like the federalists who argued against the bill of rights saying “well of course those are rights!!! They don’t need to be spelled out”

Federalists were wrong. Anti federalists were right.

I’ll say this. If Camel Harris or any of the other jackasses running, win the presidency and use an executive order, I can, with great confidence, declare that Onslow county will secede. Along with a great many others. As will most of the military base. They gots the tanks and the blow things up stuff. We’re gonna need a lot of that.

Maybe worth it's own thread
Burrillville declares itself 'sanctuary town' for gun owners

Burrillville, RI. - here's where it is:

See post in this thread No. 5.

While I think it's a nice signalling move that Burrillville is 2A friendly, unlike a lot of nearby towns such as Lincoln, Smithfield, and Woonsocket, as an actual measure of protecting the 2A, I'd argue its not worth much. The guy who authored the proposition said as much: they want to mock the Feds and the antis in the state like Linda Finn. It'd be interesting to track the Burrillville police blotter and see if they charge crimes involving guns. Not much happens in Burrillville (I lived one town to the south from ages 0-18 and two towns southeast currently), however, its right next to Woonsocket.

Edit:

The town counsel (not town council) and "police colonel", which I presume to be the Rhode Island State Police Colonel, had a hand in writing this resolution, so I wouldn't expect a dearth of gun prosecutions when such cases arise.

What is interesting coming from Burrillville though is their new state rep, who is 2A friendly and someone to keep an eye on:

Jessica de la Cruz (R) Senate 23 – North Smithfield, Burrillville, Glocester

Senator Jessica de la Cruz, District 23

And on that note:

8cUzken.jpg

Town Calendar

See post in this thread No. 5.

While I think it's a nice signalling move that Burrillville is 2A friendly, unlike a lot of nearby towns such as Lincoln, Smithfield, and Woonsocket, as an actual measure of protecting the 2A, I'd argue its not worth much. The guy who authored the proposition said as much: they want to mock the Feds and the antis in the state like Linda Finn. It'd be interesting to track the Burrillville police blotter and see if they charge crimes involving guns. Not much happens in Burrillville (I lived one town to the south from ages 0-18 and two towns southeast currently), however, its right next to Woonsocket.
The Woonsocket trash stays in Woonsocket because they have no money to pay for transportation and because they know every dealer in the city. There's nothing worth going to Burrillville for to them.

Quiet town, use to live there as a kid, nothing worth moving back there for tho.

The Woonsocket trash stays in Woonsocket because they have no money to pay for transportation and because they know every dealer in the city. There's nothing worth going to Burrillville for to them.

Quiet town, use to live there as a kid, nothing worth moving back there for tho.

Oh I would imagine Woonsocket people venture out to some of the villages in Burrillville for "commercial transactions" on occasion. B'ville dealers need to re-supply eventually and I can't imagine them always going to Woonsocket.

Antis are now pushing back against the Glocester 5/2 proposition. This post, made 15 hours ago as of 2:25 Sunday, has three likes and two shares on Facebook. One is from the Glocester Town Democrats page and another is from the OP herself, Melissa Nicole.

58441177_416213895595212_3621449980843130880_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, orange is the color for hunters, so they've got that going against them. Second, just report them as violating your civil rights.

First of all, orange is the color for hunters, so they've got that going against them. Second, just report them as violating your civil rights.

It's not worth wasting my time over. As of this morning, they have four likes and seven shares. The shares are mostly state-wide, known antis who can't summon more than 20 "protestors" (aka blue-haired old ladies + spouses) for state house rallies when the pro-gun side has 3000-3500. The pro-2A event for the 5/2 Glocester meeting has 39 people listed as going and 158 listed as interested. The anti event has 2 people going and 6 people interested.

Re: orange, while I know why they co-opted that color (take it back from hunters/"safety"), it simply won't succeed in this situation because RI pro-2A people wear bright yellow and its turkey season, so some of our people might just inadvertently wear orange. The (paid) RI anti groups normally wear red at the state house, which they probably started doing after they realized how bad orange is as a color choice in this context.

In other news, there is a petition to bring the Gun Sanctuary issue to the tables of the Exeter, Hopkinton, Richmond, and West Greenwich town councils. So RI towns and the RI 2A groups seem to be taking this quite seriously as an offensive tactic against the antis, who really have no native support in RI beyond the person of former state rep Linda Finn. Most of the supporters are astroturf.

Kristen needs your help: Exeter, Hopkinton, Richmond and West Greenwich to become 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Towns

Glocester had to reschedule to ensure that every member of the town council is present. Here are the known gun sanctuary resolutions scheduled in RI:

West Greenwich: 5/8 @ 7pm
Foster: 5/9 @ 7pm
Glocester: 5/16 @ 7:30

Ok so RI update:

Hopkinton: 5/6 @ 7pm in the town hall
West Greenwich: 5/8 @ 7pm in the high school
Foster: 5/9 @ 7pm in Captain Isaac Paine elementary school (I might try to go to this one)
Glocester: 5/16 @ 7:30pm in the town hall (I am going to this one)

Ok so RI update:

Hopkinton: 5/6 @ 7pm in the town hall
West Greenwich: 5/8 @ 7pm in the high school
Foster: 5/9 @ 7pm in Captain Isaac Paine elementary school (I might try to go to this one)
Glocester: 5/16 @ 7:30pm in the town hall (I am going to this one)
Hopkinton becomes 2nd RI Sanctuary Town, voted tonight...

Back
Top Bottom