• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Sales Surge: An Obama Bounce?

Not all analysts agree, however. "We think there is broader drivers, broader acceptance of the use of guns and more target shooting," said Cai Von Rumohr, an analyst with Cowen & Co., also appearing on CNBC. "So we think it's more than just safety and more than just fear of not being able to buy guns."
http://www.cnbc.com/id/48943733

I bought one.
Well, at least one...
Maybe more.
Who's counting anyway???

When I picked up my Glock 30sf on Fri. the LGS said that he was ordering more of everything. If Obama loses he predicted sales will slow, so he is selling as much as possible now. If Obama wins, he will order more and more.

He told me he can't get his hands on a lot of things including Ruger SR1911s - has a list of people who want them and Ruger cannot give him a delivery date on any.

I bought one handgun this year. Ruger has already sold 1 million guns this year.

[wave]

Thank You For Your Support

william_b_ruger_sr.jpg

F Bill Ruger and his stupid 10 round magazine rule!
I'd gladly piss on his grave, he was a dumb old bastard.

I have never fully forgiven that company.

smitty

" Liberal administrations tend to be anti-gun and so, the thinking goes, an Obama re-election would set the stage for stricter gun purchasing requirements. Hence, people are buying now in anticipation of difficulty later."

I'm not as worried about new bans as I am worried about Western Civilization generally degrading. Seems like a good idea to have an AR15 next to my fire extinguisher, firewood and a bit of stocked food.

Don't forget medical supplies, do-it-yourself dental kit, seeds...and an Old Farmers Almanac

I haven't bought any guns because of the election, but you can be sure I have all the normal and plus-capacity mags I need for the guns I own now. CDNN and Midway got an election year bonus from me a few months ago...

Recent article on the title subject:

Gun Sales Surge In Fear Of Obama Re-Election

Fears that Barack Obama would use a lame duck second term to eviscerate gun rights are fueling record firearms sales once again, with gun store owners labeling Obama, “the best gun salesmen we’ve had.”

Despite a new law allowing carrying without a permit, concealed-firearm permits in the fiercely independent state of Wyoming in the last quarter have smashed records set in previous years.

“People are definitely scared of a president who has voted when he was a senator against guns,” Anthony Bouchard, director of the Wyoming Gun Owners Association in Cheyenne told the Wyoming Star Tribune. “[If Obama gets re-elected] he’s in a lame-duck session and he can do the things he wants to do. That’s what we’re afraid of.”

Full Story >>> http://www.infowars.com/gun-sales-surge-in-fear-of-obama-re-election/

Gun and ammunition prices are expected to soar should Obama secure a second term, with rifles predicted to double in cost just as they did in the aftermath of Obama’s 2008 victory.

Despite prolonged economic turmoil, gun sales have bucked the trend, with both Ruger and Smith & Wesson operating at maximum capacity and struggling to keep up with demand.

Build, boys build!
Your country needs you.
Get your lowers and saigas now...

F Bill Ruger and his stupid 10 round magazine rule!
I'd gladly piss on his grave, he was a dumb old bastard.

I have never fully forgiven that company.

smitty

Um, I don't know where your getting your info but my SR9 and SR9c both came with 17 round mags. I purchased a mini-14 during the great Obama gun scare of 2009 and it came with a 20 round mag, and now a couple years later you can buy new Ruger branded 30 rounds mag for it.

Bill Ruger is dead and the company has shifted quite a bit from his time as owner.

Bill Ruger is dead and the company has shifted quite a bit from his time as owner.

This: there's a lot of water under the bridge since Bill Ruger betrayed us to save his pet product. I don't hold it against the current company, that beef died with old Ruger himself.

This: there's a lot of water under the bridge since Bill Ruger betrayed us to save his pet product. I don't hold it against the current company, that beef died with old Ruger himself.

Same with the deal S&W cut with the Clinton administration, different people are running the show now and it's not fair to hold the sins of their predecessors against them.

I went in a gun store yesterday, figuring I'd at least buy a symbolic box of ammo. It seems prices have risen. I guess this should not be a surprise.

Same with the deal S&W cut with the Clinton administration, different people are running the show now and it's not fair to hold the sins of their predecessors against them.
That was awesome! While everyone was hatin' on Smith & Wesson, they sold out to new owners. I bought a nearly new 3913 for $275 because Smith & Wesson was the Devil.

Last edited:
'bammer gon take are guns!

god i hope this isn't 2008 round two. got a WASR i'll sell you for a cool thousand bucks, bro. these are gonna be illegal soon, buy this and bury it in a ditch.

'bammer gon take are guns!

god i hope this isn't 2008 round two. got a WASR i'll sell you for a cool thousand bucks, bro. these are gonna be illegal soon, buy this and bury it in a ditch.

[laugh2]Damn, I knew I should have cashed out my 401k to buy a shipping container full of those WASRs back when they were only $3-400 a pop! I could've retired this week![laugh]

I was really in a bad place after Tuesday night. Wednesday, I went out and bought 250 rds of .45acp and 150 rds of 9mm. It made feel better for a little while.

Back
Top Bottom