• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Sales Soar Among Asian Americans Who Fear Coronavirus-Related Attacks

I get the point, but you're conflating ethnicity and race. I'm ethnically an American, but I'm racially Asian. Making a terrible Nazi joke at the expense of a person with German heritage is bad, but at the end of the day they know they are not really a Nazi. Hell, many Germans back during Nazi rule didn't consider themselves Nazis. But for me, a joke about an Asian person is a a joke about an Asian person. I'm Asian. Whether or not it pertains to me personally is besides the point. It's the stereotyping and continued stigma implied that perpetuates the notion that it's ok to say whatever about Asian people is what bothers me more than what is actually said. No other race would tolerate it to the extent it happens to Asians.

I've gone 43 years dealing with this. It mostly just rolls off my back now, but if I can at least throw in my 2 cents to maybe enlighten people about it, then I'll give it a go. I don't take it too seriously anymore. Most people with racial issues aren't worth the trouble anyway.

I agree. My comment was tongue in cheek.

Racial comments about asians tend to get a pass because they are seen as "smart and successful". I also think Asians, culturally, tend to avoid being combative to it - which perpetuates it.

Plus, you don't have the highly visible we're always oppressed (egypt, holocaust) like Jews.

Even colleges make it harder for asians to get in because they score too high...

Side note, do you know karate? (joking)

Last edited:

Racial comments about asians tend to get a pass because they are seen as "smart and successful". I also think Asians, culturally, tend to avoid being combative to it - which perpetuates it.

Plus, you don't have the highly visible we're always oppressed (egypt, holocaust) like Jews.

Even colleges that make it harder for asians to get in because they score too high...

lol. I'd actually love to know karate or muy thai. I'd play it off in a fight like "oh, just because I'm Asian, you think I know karate? (guard drops) SURPRISE MOTHER F***ER! I TOTALLY KNOW KARATE!"

Those are some words of wisdom, btw, if your take of the situation. The type of sh*t I get isn't totally worthy of even mentioning it some times, as a lot of a stereotypes could be seen as positive things. However, the whole, "model minority" status also means it's open season to trample over Asians whenever and where ever. And that can suck at times because the expectation of me is for me to not say anything and just eat it. But that isn't very 'Merican, is it?

Racial comments about asians tend to get a pass because they are seen as "smart and successful".

That gets to a key component of racism - the position of the target relative to the group.

That's why leftists give a pass to racism toward whites and Asians, cause they're in the majority and/or perceived position of power. Asians aren't a majority but they are perceived as being the same position of power as whites.

The left only sticks to idealism when it suits their agenda.

To me, that's just a matter of degrees - either you accept that racial comments are no worse than other insults, and it's human nature to see differences, or you go the idealistic route and say all racism is bad. But leftists like to have their cake and eat it too.

it's not just Asians, I was in SO yesterday at noon, you would have thought they were giving stuff away. everyone who walked out the door had something...a case of ammo, a firearm...and there were 20 in line at the 1st floor checkout.

Seems very rational to me. The news article did not say a word about what happened back at the LA riots. Asian store owners were targeted by looters and there was not even a scary virus to blame.
That only worked because the threat worked and the shopkeeps did not fire.

Imagine how it would have played out of there were a bunch of dead bodies with subcutaneous ballistic apertures rotting in front of the stores once the riots ended and the veneer of social order was restored. I am confident the prosecution reaction would not have been "Well done".

Stereotyping is sometimes arriving at statistically accurate conclusions that are repugnant to the values of our current society and, as such, there is strong career/image/tenure reasons to totally deny even the slightest correlation with reality. And I am talking about averages, not the fact that an individual is not a stereotype, but just that, an individual.

But, this stereotyping if Asians as virus carriers is absolutely ridiculous and seems to have no basis in fact.

Probably a good idea for Asians to gear up for a strong defense. Once the boogaloo starts, it's gonna take a lotta firepower to keep me away from their BBQ once I smell it.

If you have ethnic Asian neighbors who BBQ, tell me I'm wrong. [laugh]

Not to be a party pooper... but these photos...
Top left - empty plate carrier and it's fitted below her heart. Fail
Top right - Carrying a magazine fed rifle, with a belt of ammo draped over her shoulders. Fail
Bottom left - This girl has never held a gun in her life. WTF kinda grip is that? Trigger discipline. Fail
Bottom right - Trigger discipline. Fail

Now, if the search criteria was "Asian women with guns to fap to" - Win

Last edited:

Gun sales to Asian Americans surge amid spate of hate crimes​

Asian Americans are stocking up on guns amid the surge in hate crimes targeting them since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, a report said Thursday.

Though police have stepped up patrols in Asian American communities to guard against the attacks, many are choosing to take their defense into their own hands.

“There are more Asians being introduced to firearms,” Jimmy Gong, the owner of Jimmy’s Sport Shop in Mineola, Long Island, told Forbes. “Before, there was never gun culture in the Asian community. But after the pandemic and all the hate crime going on, there are more Asians buying guns to defend themselves.”

Gong, who emigrated from China in the 1980s, said that his gun sales have doubled during the pandemic — following a nationwide trend — with Asian Americans making up about half of his clientele.

Many of his customers prefer shotguns to handguns, Gong explained, because state law requires a pistol permit to carry a handgun.

Proudly describing his store as the first Asian-owned gun shop on Long Island, Gong told Forbes that he markets directly to the Asian community, including fellow immigrants.

“[Those with] Green cards can own guns too,” he said. “You don’t have to be a citizen. But a lot [of] people don’t know that.”

The trend is also evident across the country.

“We have a lot of Asian-American customers buying guns,” Jerry Hwang, a salesman at Wade’s Eastside Guns in Bellevue, Wash., told Forbes. “They’re coming because of the pandemic and the riots, of people messing with stores and messing with people’s property.”

Hwang said that most customers opt for handguns or rifles.

“They’re buying basic Glocks and AR-15s, basically for self-defense,” he said.

The fears of the Asian American community were stoked again Tuesday when Robert Aaron Long shot up three Atlanta-area spas, killing eight people, six of them Asian women, according to authorities.

In allegedly admitting to the attacks, Long has said that he sought to “eliminate” the “temptation” as he battled a supposed sex addiction, and was not motivated by racial hate, according to police.

Investigators, however, are yet to reach a formal conclusion.

This is great.

Asians would make great gun owners.

They on average have a higher IQ than some folks and are less likely to be criminals.

Therefor, less likely to do stupid things like AD's and murder.

They will likely not get the rest of the 2A community in trouble.

Since they are smart, they can be force multipliers and get more law abiding teachable folks into the gun lifestyle.

Some of them realize the true purpose of the 2A due to their oppressive homelands.

They would be right at home here on NES.

By the massage guy killing those 8 people, he may have awoken many more to a net effect of improved safety and preserved lives in their community and that or other law abiding folks.

Maybe they can kill off a few predators as well and make the world a better place.

The Asian Americans I've known have been very much on our side. Many of them who weren't born here have experienced oppressive regimes, and they value freedom, including the right to self-defense!

NES-Hot-Women-With-Guns-Wallpaper-5.jpeg

(No, I do not know any of these women.)

[mg]

Last edited:
The irony is thick here. Asian Americans are being stereotyped as coronavirus carriers, regardless if they've been to any hot zones of Coronavirus, to the point they feel they need to arm themselves. So stereotyping is bad, and your response is to post an Asian sterotype, even though it has nothing to do with the main article? Seems like you just took this opportunity to point out "haha...Asians = math nerds". Kind of a cheap shot, but whatever. Asians are the one race that it seems like all the other races deemed kosher to kick around. Not sure how that came about, but I see it every day.

For the record, I am Asian American and I failed trig in high school the first time. I'm not even sure I fully understand the core of the math joke above (isn't half pi 1.57?). Not particularly proud of that, but it just goes to show you that stereotypes aren't all true.

whoa! if you failed Trig, there's no way you're asian! Next you'll be saying you can't fix computers. C'mon, man, I'm calling bs here.

That only worked because the threat worked and the shopkeeps did not fire.

Imagine how it would have played out of there were a bunch of dead bodies with subcutaneous ballistic apertures rotting in front of the stores once the riots ended and the veneer of social order was restored. I am confident the prosecution reaction would not have been "Well done".

100% true. The same swat team that was protecting the drag queen in the other thread would have been all over the rooftop asians for protecting themselves.

However, I, for one, would have raised a beer to the rooftop Koreans.

Not to be a party pooper... but these photos...
Top left - empty plate carrier and it's fitted below her heart. Fail
Top right - Carrying a magazine fed rifle, with a belt of ammo draped over her shoulders. Fail
Bottom left - This girl has never held a gun in her life. WTF kinda grip is that? Trigger discipline. Fail
Bottom right - Trigger discipline. Fail

Now, it the search criteria was "Asian women with guns to fap to" - Win

I like the girl on the bottom right. She's dressed in a very feminine fashion and still has a nice gun. Plus. I've always liked black nylons. We could defend the same rooftop anytime.

Even colleges make it harder for asians to get in because they score too high...

Kung Fu? I know Gun Fu!

Hello. I am Asian, Chinese to be specific. Yes I may look and ethnically be Asian, but I was born here in this country which I love and pay taxes to. I exercise my 2nd amendment rights and I encourage others to do so as well. I would not hesitate stepping in to protect you or your loved ones in a life threatening encounter even if we had never met before.

While I don't consider the level of racism we face to be anywhere near as widespread or degrading as what some other races have to deal with, the amount of blatant public racism that we do have to encounter on the daily is obnoxious. Even on this forum. Closet racists used to be exactly that, closeted. But it seems that in recent years for one reason or another, the racists have become more emboldened to put their hatred or ignorance on display.

While we are all racist to some extent and have personal biases, don't put them on display and call out your peers when you see them do it. Or just keep doing what you're doing, because it won't matter in another 30 years when the older racist fudds on this forum will all be dead and Asian Americans will have taken an even larger leap in socioeconomic status and political power.

God Bless America

Hello. I am Asian, Chinese to be specific. Yes I may look and ethnically be Asian, but I was born here in this country which I love and pay taxes to. I exercise my 2nd amendment rights and I encourage others to do so as well. I would not hesitate stepping in to protect you or your loved ones in a life threatening encounter even if we had never met before.

While I don't consider the level of racism we face to be anywhere near as widespread or degrading as what some other races have to deal with, the amount of blatant public racism that we do have to encounter on the daily is obnoxious. Even on this forum. Closet racists used to be exactly that, closeted. But it seems that in recent years for one reason or another, the racists have become more emboldened to put their hatred or ignorance on display.

While we are all racist to some extent and have personal biases, don't put them on display and call out your peers when you see them do it. Or just keep doing what you're doing, because it won't matter in another 30 years when the older racist fudds on this forum will all be dead and Asian Americans will have taken an even larger leap in socioeconomic status and political power.

God Bless America
Still not going to send you a list of my inventory.

They on average have a higher IQ than some folks and are less likely to be criminals.

I know you meant this to be complimentary, but this is racist AF.
Asians "would make great gun owners" ???? There are plenty of Asian Americans that are gun owners. Just look at some of the members of this forum.
WRT "AD's and murder", there are well known organized crime groups that are Asian, and they are well known as being ruthless. We just tend to hear about them less because their victims tend to be Asian as well, and often, remain silent.

Gun sales to Asian Americans surge amid spate of hate crimes​

Asian Americans are stocking up on guns amid the surge in hate crimes targeting them since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, a report said Thursday.

Though police have stepped up patrols in Asian American communities to guard against the attacks, many are choosing to take their defense into their own hands.

“There are more Asians being introduced to firearms,” Jimmy Gong, the owner of Jimmy’s Sport Shop in Mineola, Long Island, told Forbes. “Before, there was never gun culture in the Asian community. But after the pandemic and all the hate crime going on, there are more Asians buying guns to defend themselves.”

Gong, who emigrated from China in the 1980s, said that his gun sales have doubled during the pandemic — following a nationwide trend — with Asian Americans making up about half of his clientele.

Many of his customers prefer shotguns to handguns, Gong explained, because state law requires a pistol permit to carry a handgun.

Proudly describing his store as the first Asian-owned gun shop on Long Island, Gong told Forbes that he markets directly to the Asian community, including fellow immigrants.

“[Those with] Green cards can own guns too,” he said. “You don’t have to be a citizen. But a lot [of] people don’t know that.”

The trend is also evident across the country.

“We have a lot of Asian-American customers buying guns,” Jerry Hwang, a salesman at Wade’s Eastside Guns in Bellevue, Wash., told Forbes. “They’re coming because of the pandemic and the riots, of people messing with stores and messing with people’s property.”

Hwang said that most customers opt for handguns or rifles.

“They’re buying basic Glocks and AR-15s, basically for self-defense,” he said.

The fears of the Asian American community were stoked again Tuesday when Robert Aaron Long shot up three Atlanta-area spas, killing eight people, six of them Asian women, according to authorities.

In allegedly admitting to the attacks, Long has said that he sought to “eliminate” the “temptation” as he battled a supposed sex addiction, and was not motivated by racial hate, according to police.

Investigators, however, are yet to reach a formal conclusion.

This is great.

Since they are smart, they can be force multipliers and get more law abiding teachable folks into the gun lifestyle.

Some of them realize the true purpose of the 2A due to their oppressive homelands.

They would be right at home here on NES.

By the massage guy killing those 8 people, he may have awoken many more to a net effect of improved safety and preserved lives in their community and that or other law abiding folks.

Maybe they can kill off a few predators as well and make the world a better place.
Racism is the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

The irony is thick here. Asian Americans are being stereotyped as coronavirus carriers, regardless if they've been to any hot zones of Coronavirus, to the point they feel they need to arm themselves. So stereotyping is bad, and your response is to post an Asian sterotype, even though it has nothing to do with the main article? Seems like you just took this opportunity to point out "haha...Asians = math nerds". Kind of a cheap shot, but whatever. Asians are the one race that it seems like all the other races deemed kosher to kick around. Not sure how that came about, but I see it every day.

For the record, I am Asian American and I failed trig in high school the first time. I'm not even sure I fully understand the core of the math joke above (isn't half pi 1.57?). Not particularly proud of that, but it just goes to show you that stereotypes aren't all true.
Ya.. Well...How's your driving?

I don’t know how his driving is, but I’d venture to say I’m a better shooter and driver than the vast majority of this forum. Maybe it’s time for an Asian vs whites driving and shooting showdown? 🤣

Sounds like fun.

I don’t know how his driving is, but I’d venture to say I’m a better shooter and driver than the vast majority of this forum. Maybe it’s time for an Asian vs whites driving and shooting showdown? 🤣
“In” for competition to pass the time.

Back
Top Bottom