Gun sales in the Commonwealth.....

How many of you are entertaining the thoughts of making a "sizable" firearms/ammo purchase prior to the arrival of the new tenant in the Corner Office.
I think I might go visit Carl and see what he has in the way of a new CMP Bushmaster......I'd rather pick one up now rather than later.
CJC

How many of you are entertaining the thoughts of making a "sizable" firearms/ammo purchase prior to the arrival of the new tenant in the Corner Office.
I think I might go visit Carl and see what he has in the way of a new CMP Bushmaster......I'd rather pick one up now rather than later.
CJC

I am working on it.

My wife jsut started a new job, but I've told her that come December. I'm doing my own form of Christmas shopping.

A friend of mine is selling me 4 of his guns, plus I plan on getting a 10/22, a .22 hand gun and I may even get an AR.

I wanted to wait a while on the AR, but my concern is that between Coakley and Patrick... there won't be any in MA. [sad2]

I am hoping to get approval of a buget of $4,000 for my purchases.

Whatever purchases any of you were thinking of making, make bloody well sure you make them before the Devil and company take the oath in January. My crystal ball is looking damn murky after that.

If you're paranoid, is it enough to just buy stripped lower receivers? That is 10x cheaper than buying new AR15s.
If you had done this in CA, for example, could you put uppers and triggers in them and be grandfathered in (God forbid it comes to that)

If you're paranoid, is it enough to just buy stripped lower receivers? That is 10x cheaper than buying new AR15s.
If you had done this in CA, for example, could you put uppers and triggers in them and be grandfathered in (God forbid it comes to that)

Good question - I am still waiting for my Class A to come thru - buying just receivers and adding the rest later would stretch my budget a bit further as there is a few things I want to buy.

I wish I could buy a few things before the switch. The sad thing is that even if I get limited to 12 purchases a year, I can't afford 12 purchases a year anyway. Just don't let Devil Patrick know... [sad2]

When CA passed the 50 BMG ban a lot of manufactureres went into receiver building mode. I know that Serbu was doing nothing but building receivers to get them into the state prior to the ban. At least in CA, if you had the receiver when the ban started you were all set. Hopefully it will be the same way here.

Unless you plan on breaking the law (which I do not), all these guns you are buying at the last minute if you live in MA the state knows you have (You do register your guns here if you dont remember). If the state decides to take them your screwed. Although likely said firearms will be grandfathered, but you never know. I have no intention of a last minute dash, although due to the new liberal federal government we will be having shortly, if you live in a free state it might be wise to stock up.

Oh man I hate this state.

Unless you plan on breaking the law (which I do not), all these guns you are buying at the last minute if you live in MA the state knows you have (You do register your guns here if you dont remember). If the state decides to take them your screwed. Although likely said firearms will be grandfathered, but you never know. I have no intention of a last minute dash, although due to the new liberal federal government we will be having shortly, if you live in a free state it might be wise to stock up.

Oh man I hate this state.

Actually the NRA just sent out an email indicating that even though the Republicans lost control of Congress a large number of pro gun Democrates and Republicans won their elections. While a good portion of the Democrates leader base is anti gun, a good number of other Democrates are not. If they live up to their campaign promises to gun owners, we may not be as bad off as originally thought. Only time will tell.

Actually the NRA just sent out an email indicating that even though the Republicans lost control of Congress a large number of pro gun Democrates and Republicans won their elections. While a good portion of the Democrates leader base is anti gun, a good number of other Democrates are not. If they live up to their campaign promises to gun owners, we may not be as bad off as originally thought. Only time will tell.

This doesn't count here in Mass thought. We're screwed.

Receivers did NOT count in the Fed AWB (and thus the current MA AWBO

NOBODY can predict the future, so we're all guessing.

Folks are putting a "run" on ARs at Four Seasons. Even a cop was in there today buying an AR "before they ban them" (his words, personal purchase and not a LE configuration).

Just wondering if buying a receiver or two could be an investment. If they have worth after some future ban, then they are good. If it is banned from transferring, you're stuck. Ditto the whole gun, but this could be a legal investment opportunity with decent future percentage yield.

What does one go for, anyhow? Where to look? Could be a good project. Build it a little at a time, as the funds come available.

Last edited:
I plan on buying an AR lower in the very near future. I can't afford the whole rifle now but I can always build it later part by part. At least thats what I'm hoping to do.[thinking]

I talked with another member here yesterday.

I have to agree in this case that ordering a frame and REGISTERING it on FA-10 may grandfather you if bans occur in the future. It may not too, depending on exactly what passes for legislation.

NOTE: Normally I would NOT advocate registering a frame, as per MGLs it is not a gun, but in this case it could be the proof that allows you to keep it vs. having it confiscated/declared illegal.

I have to agree in this case that ordering a frame and REGISTERING it on FA-10 may grandfather you if bans occur in the future. It may not too, depending on exactly what passes for legislation.

NOTE: Normally I would NOT advocate registering a frame, as per MGLs it is not a gun, but in this case it could be the proof that allows you to keep it vs. having it confiscated/declared illegal.

I'm thinking that buying an AR lower through an FFL dealer will be almost the same as buying the completed rifle since the serial number will be registered. Whose to say you didn't already assemble the conponents before any bans that may come were set into law? Say a week after you got the lower?[thinking]

I don't see any real disadvantage to having the frame/receiver registered on an FA-10 as long as it's entered on the form as such (in my case I'm referring to AR-15 and AK-47 receivers). Conceivably, I could have built those receivers as a handgun (there's a way to do it and keep it legal even in MA [wink] ).

All the stripped receivers I've bought, the FFL filled out an FA-10 and I didn't think it necessary to make an issue of it.

Well, I picked up three this month so far. I just might try and squeeze one more in under the SWMBO-RADAR. Perhaps if I buy one that looks like one I already have ? [devil]

Heck, it's worked before. [thinking] [rolleyes] [smile]

Ditto the whole gun, but this could be a legal investment opportunity with decent future percentage yield.

I don't see any $$$ opportunity from it at all, especially if they block
transfers of the "banned" goods. If this place goes the same path
as CA, where if you want to sell your AW or your .50 BMG, you'll
have to transfer it out of state, or sell it to someone who's exempt
from the law. (eg, an LE org/badge holder that gets a letterhead from
his friendly department). The value of the gun wouldn't
change much.... it'd be an "all or nothing" scenario. You wouldn't
be able to sell the gun to another in state resident, so there would be
no inflated price associated with it. It'd be more of a "personal" investment
than anything else... eg, being able to have a .50 BMG or .500 S+W when new
ones are banned for anyone else, etc.

-Mike

I was in FS saturday, and it was absolutely Jammed. (It usually is pretty busy, but this was crazy.) I stopped in again today, and it was just plain really busy. 3-4 people actively purchasing handguns, and this is 11AM on a tuesday! And the one I had on consignment sold pretty quickly too. :)

Back
Top Bottom