• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun sales delayed due to computer glitch

sorry everyone, that was because of us at acme. when we couldnt get through on the shop phone four of us pulled out cell phones so we had a grand total of five people war dialing the FBI. i finally got through after a modest 14 calls in a row.

The good old US GOVERNMENT!

sorry everyone, that was because of us at acme. when we couldnt get through on the shop phone four of us pulled out cell phones so we had a grand total of five people war dialing the FBI. i finally got through after a modest 14 calls in a row.

glad you weren't dialing in for my heart transplant or something minor like that.

... at north shore they were not getting through due to all circuits being busy. They said it was like that all day. Not a big deal, they just called until they got through. I was there for close to an hour. We have to look on the bright side, that kind of gun buying volume is good if even 10% are first time buyers.

As ar as MIRCS. I had a time when buying and that was down. I was at Bobs and Jack pulled out a paper FA-10. Problem solved. ...

Circuits busy, or just off the hook? The reason they want you to use the e-FA-10 is so they can then shut that off, and deny you in yet one MORE way.

Bought a gun at Dicks in Dartmouth, MA. Got the transaction completed minutes before they announced the system was down and started issuing rain checks.

Leave it to the guberment to not plan for something like this. It's not like that have any previous experience to learn from with mass gun buying sparked by an anti-gun president being elected.... oh.... wait a minute...

Like I said, they probably DID plan for it, by taking the phone off the hook. Sorry I'm so cynical. Maybe we should call the MA AG to complain about these consumer abuses.

That does NOT comply with the Brady Law, but since when does gov't have to abide by any laws? ...

So, what would you advise them to do?

I tried to do a couple of transfers on Friday.

As a CT dealer, I had to call into the State of CT for their NICS check. I tried probably 30 times over the course of the day Friday and could not get through. I got a busy signal every time.

On Saturday, I had my customer come by early, and we got it done before most retail places opened. It was pretty light at the time, so I spent a few minutes talking to one of the ladies that run the office at the CT DPS and she said it was just crazy. She said that Hoffmans called early with 30 or 40 approvals to get and then kept them on the phone for 2+ hours. Apparently they were selling guns as fast as the person on the phone could get approvals.

I really don't know how CT dealers were able to do business Friday. You could literally have lost a day's business.
In my case, it wasn't a big deal because the transfers were to friends and myself. People I knew would come back.

Don

I read an article this morning that said that Friday was the busiest single day for gun sales in history. That's FFL sales, not counting FTF that don't have to go through NICS. More first time and female buyers than ever before.

Seems a lot of people who used to, don't have confidence in .gov any longer.

Back
Top Bottom