• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun safety advocates grade stores. Walmart got an A; Home Depot got an F

MaverickNH

NES Member
Know where to shop and spend your money.

The retailers, scores on a 100 point scale, and letter grades:
  • KROGER 95 A
  • OLD NAVY 90 A
  • WALMART 90 A
  • AMAZON 80 B
  • COSTCO 80 B
  • NORDSTROM 80 B
  • STARBUCKS 80 B
  • TARGET 80 B
  • TRADER JOE’S 80 B
  • WHOLE FOODS 80 B
  • WAFFLE HOUSE 70 C
  • TJ MAXX 65 D
  • BUFFALO WILD WINGS 60 D
  • CHICK-FIL-A 45 F
  • DUNKIN 45 F
  • MCDONALDS 35 F
  • 7/11 20 F
  • ACE HARDWARE 20 F
  • APPLEBEE’S 20 F
  • BARNES & NOBLE 20 F
  • DOLLAR TREE 20 F
  • OLD CHICAGO PIZZA 20 F
  • RAINBOW SHOPS 20 F
  • HOT TOPIC 20 F
  • JOS. A. BANK 20 F
  • KOHL’S 20 F
  • NIKE 10 F
  • LOWE’S 0 F
  • HOME DEPOT 0 F

So, Lowe’s and Home Depot are not gun free zones?

If that’s how they measured their ratings, we can invert the grade to determine how safe they are.

Ah yes. Time for the stores to "get woke". Note the second line in the quoted paragraph below.

Lowe's (LOW) and Home Depot (HD) were the lowest scoring companies, with zero points, for not having in-store open-carry policies, not publicly demanding action on gun reform and for donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to NRA-backed politicians over the past four years. Many other retailers also received F grades for simply not having an open carry policy and not getting publicly involved in the movement.
Volksy said Guns Down America reached out to all of the companies included on the list in early November, informing them of their scores and inviting them to engage in a conversation about how to improve them. So far, he said, none have responded.

And more from the Parkland kids. Not hearing much about the fact that the school and Sherrif's dept failed them miserably. Nope, it's now store's responsibility to keep them safe.

The companies that received As and Bs will receive "Gun Safety Certified" marks from the group — a label created by Manual Oliver, father of Joaquin Oliver, one of the 17 teenagers killed in a shooting at a Parkland, Florida, high school in 2018. The stamps bear Joaquin Oliver's face, and the group hopes recipients will use them on product packaging, similar to organic certifications, so consumers can better understand the values of the companies they buy from and to show that there's "a real business case to be made for leaning into gun safety," Volsky said.
"Using the Gun (Safety) Certified mark, my son Joaquin is challenging America's most powerful businesses to stand up and do their part to keep us safe from gun violence," Manuel Oliver said in a statement. "I know that businesses that prioritize the lives of their customers and employees will be rewarded by American consumers for helping build safer communities for us all."

Anyplace with an F is where I will shop so thanks for helping me decide...with the exception of Nike. f*** Nike.

As for 7/11, In my AO, you better have a gun... but the gas is real cheap. $2.29 for regular as of now.

Anyplace with an F is where I will shop so thanks for helping me decide...with the exception of Nike. f*** Nike.

As for 7/11, In my AO, you better have a gun... but the gas is real cheap. $2.29 for regular as of now.

Yeah, I don't ever go to a 7/11 unarmed.

I also don't get the Nike rating.... Pretty sure that they are as anti as you can get....

I already don't go to any of the places that are C or above either because I don't like them or there aren't any near me. 7/11 reminds me of a call I responded to many years ago involving a would -be robber stuffing a sawed off shotgun down the front of his pants. It didn't work out the way he planned.

Liberal/Progressive Strategy:
1. Take - take your guns and tax you to give to others
2. Oppress - make it hard to sell, buy, carry guns and hard to get a job or do business if you're not a liberal/progressive

Poor old Nike can't get a break. Both gun owners and freedom haters dislike them. Odd that Dick's didn't show up on the list.

I think "our side" should have a "freedom rating" for stores, so people know which stores actually support freedom and liberty.

My invisible bank account would be spent from the bottom to the top and be empty before I reached the top.

Volksy said Guns Down America reached out to all of the companies included on the list in early November, informing them of their scores and inviting them to engage in a conversation about how to improve them. So far, he said, none have responded.

LOL.

The pro gun side should be releasing a similar study praising this list from the bottom up, citing this study as a source but flipping the list. Use their own work against them.

How retarded does one have to be to think a sign at the door makes one place safer than another place?
Libtarded. Duuuh.
All the stores I'm willing to shop at (or do shop at) have the F rating. There are plenty of local stores, in NH, that give zero F's if you're carrying. Even had one guy at one of them mention how another customer had commented on me carrying (open that day IIRC). He let the guy know that it was zero issue since we were in free 'Murica. [rofl2]

Funny because Lowe’s prohibits their employees from carrying.

Even knives. They issue a box cutter that has a blade that automatically retracts when you let go of the thumb thing. They don’t want ANY weapons on the employees, customers are ok though.

How many of those 20s are just the default because the business stays out of politics?

The whole Church and State thing should also be used for Retail Commerce and State. If you’re in business to make money (which business isn’t?) then stay the hell out of politics because you’ll no doubt upset one side or the other and cut your profits in half. Idiots. Jesus I’m a rock and even I can see that.

Lol. These idiots actually think a store's stance on guns affects who can bring a gun into the store and cause harm. Not one of those stores listed does anything to prevent, or even notice, whether a gun is brought in concealed.
If anything, the stores that forbid guns are less safe because there will be less good people with guns who may be able to stop a mass shooter.

Ah yes. Time for the stores to "get woke". Note the second line in the quoted paragraph below.

Lowe's (LOW) and Home Depot (HD) were the lowest scoring companies, with zero points, for not having in-store open-carry policies, not publicly demanding action on gun reform and for donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to NRA-backed politicians over the past four years. Many other retailers also received F grades for simply not having an open carry policy and not getting publicly involved in the movement.

And more from the Parkland kids. Not hearing much about the fact that the school and Sherrif's dept failed them miserably. Nope, it's now store's responsibility to keep them safe.

The companies that received As and Bs will receive "Gun Safety Certified" marks from the group — a label created by Manual Oliver, father of Joaquin Oliver, one of the 17 teenagers killed in a shooting at a Parkland, Florida, high school in 2018. The stamps bear Joaquin Oliver's face, and the group hopes recipients will use them on product packaging, similar to organic certifications, so consumers can better understand the values of the companies they buy from and to show that there's "a real business case to be made for leaning into gun safety," Volsky said.
"Using the Gun (Safety) Certified mark, my son Joaquin is challenging America's most powerful businesses to stand up and do their part to keep us safe from gun violence," Manuel Oliver said in a statement. "I know that businesses that prioritize the lives of their customers and employees will be rewarded by American consumers for helping build safer communities for us all."

It's a shameless shakedown, pure and simple.

Lol. These idiots actually think a store's stance on guns affects who can bring a gun into the store and cause harm. Not one of those stores listed does anything to prevent, or even notice, whether a gun is brought in concealed.
If anything, the stores that forbid guns are less safe because there will be less good people with guns who may be able to stop a mass shooter.

No, they are not idiots, far from that.

Funny because Lowe’s prohibits their employees from carrying.

Even knives. They issue a box cutter that has a blade that automatically retracts when you let go of the thumb thing. They don’t want ANY weapons on the employees, customers are ok though.
I worked as a maintenance worker some time back at a grocery store and was given something similar.

I had some stuff I had to do that wouldn't be able to use that, so I had my pocket knife out. The manager saw and said just don't use it on the sales floor. No f***s given

I always liked his older brother Automatic more. He's a cool dude.

Lean In is still making me giggle.

THEY mean it like, "I'm gonna lean fwd in order to talk to you more closely."

WE mean it like, "I'm gonna lower my center of gravity and lean into this to move it to where I want." We lean better than they do.

Back
Top Bottom