• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Safe Movers

I have a 400lb gun safe that I need moved from one house to another. I initially moved it to the house it is in but where it has to go has too many steps and turns for me to try to move it. Does anyone know of any reputable movers that can move a safe ?

Thanks

Keith

400 lbs and an appliance dolly you could do it yourself, 400lbs isnt to bad with two guys but call eastern safe in mendon they might be able to move it for a fee.

I helped bring one in and one out and in to a new house in the last year.
... I'm excused for a while.

I have a 400lb gun safe that I need moved from one house to another. I initially moved it to the house it is in but where it has to go has too many steps and turns for me to try to move it. Does anyone know of any reputable movers that can move a safe ?

Thanks

Keith

What town are you in? I had one moved a few years ago and the price was reasonable if I recall.

save your money and get two friends to help you. Rent a dolly from a power equipment rental place. Way cheaper than hiring a company to do it.

I had mancini safe in norwood move my safe.

From my old address to my new one is about 1/4 mile. It was $350.

I'd happily pay that instead of having to worry about damaging my apartment.

That's my issue. I am moving back to my father's house and i dont want to have my buddies smash his harwood floors with the dolly. I moved it into my old house on the first floor with no problem but this is a high porch and then into his living room. I am in Milford Ma.

we moved my buddys safe into his house...it was 600LBS+ and it was a piece of cake, take the door off (this will drop the weight a couple hundred pounds), ease the safe on its side, onto (2) 4x4's, sling 2 tow straps under, one guy on each of the 4 ends of the tow straps (oh by the way you need 4 people to do this) lift and walk away....the same way Sears delivers a fridge to you house and brings it up to the 3rd floor with 2 guys.....It was really no problem at all doing it like this..... or if that scares you, and I don't blame you if it does, Mike at eastern safe has movers that he uses or any rigger will do it, But it will be fairly pricey considering what they are doing and honestly most of the rigger we have seen are really not all that careful and some are not in the least bit bright, We have moved many pieces of machinery up to 2K lbs and always found it less damaging when we stood back thought about it and did it ourselves

Last edited:
That's my issue. I am moving back to my father's house and i dont want to have my buddies smash his harwood floors with the dolly. I moved it into my old house on the first floor with no problem but this is a high porch and then into his living room. I am in Milford Ma.

like someone said above:

any moving company will do it.

anyone that works with the "van lines" (or whatever they are called) is a good company. They moved me from Europe to MA, from MA to NJ, and from NJ back to MA.
Because they all work hard i buy them beer and pizza.

I had mancini safe in norwood move my safe.

From my old address to my new one is about 1/4 mile. It was $350.

I'd happily pay that instead of having to worry about damaging my apartment.

I'll second Mancini Safe. They are Safe Riggers not just movers. They have the equipment and know how. Yeah, it's gonna cost you but better to pay them to do it right then pay for a bunch of repairs. Up to you thought.

I know some of you guys on NES are big and can handle moving things...

But moving a safe on my own isn't realistic. I'm 6' and 150 lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I helped a coworker move a hot tub last year cuz he didn't want to pay a company $600 to move it. It ended up costing me $2,500 in medical bills and $2,000 in lost income when I ripped the distal bicep tendon from my fore arm, had surgery and was out of work for a month and a half! Would have been nice if he offered help through his home owners policy since it happened in his back yard. Lesson learned. I don't offer help anymore.

Would have been nice if he even offered to help cut my grass. I was out pusing a mower in July with one arm. I have about 15,000 sg' of grass [sad]

Last edited:
Would have been nice if he offered help through his home owners policy since it happened in his back yard.

Homeowners policies don't "offer to help", they settle and pay claims. You have not right to file a claim against someone else's policy - you go after them, and their policy steps in to protect the insured. You needed to file suit, not wait for your friend to ask the insurance company to give you money to help you out.

OK, let me re phrase it. He never suggested, offered or hinted that I should go after his home owners. When I asked if his home owners was paid up, his response was in the jest that he didn't want to touch his home owners because his preiums would go up. If I had a 9 -5 job where I could have little contact with him if things went sour I would have. But I have to spend hours on end in the cockpit with him sitting closer to me than my wife does when we drive. And then when I get to where we are going we spend a week or more together, sharing one rental car and eating meals together.

Last edited:
I'm still looking for a place where I can rent a 1,200 lb rated stair climbing hand truck (or "stair climbing fork lift").

WESCO-Power-LiftKar-HD-LSS-_i_S_174096.jpg

Anyone here know of such a place?

CLMN

I received a price of $500 from a mover to bring the safe into my house and up to a 2nd floor room.

Back
Top Bottom