Gun Safe Door Organizers

Martinilover

NES Member
Anyone have success with a gun safe door panel organizer? I need more space for handguns and i was thinking of picking up one made by Stealth its their molle version.
Looking to hold a handful of hand guns and magazines. The one i am looking at is $85 not sure if there are better options out there. This one comes with 6 pistol holders and a bunch of other stuff.

I have a narrow door safe and I couldn't use most of the door organizers on the market. I wound up buying a snap safe door organizer. It's a narrow wire frame type holder. It was 30 or 40 bucks and has worked pretty good for me.

(No personal experience, but...) my skinflint mind flashed on:
At that price point, if it's the wrong size, cut to fit.
You could even double-hang the trimmed-off fragments.

Probably go for one that is all-fabric, ideally natural materials.
Oil-stained is one thing, but you don't want to find out the hard way
if Ballistol eats hell out of vinyl or polyester.

Anyone else remember Dave Letterman incessantly ribbing Connie Chung
after she revealed she had bought hubby Maury Povich a shoe tree for Christmas?

my safe came with a magnetic door peg board contraption with rubber coated hooks. it only stores 5 guns on the door and placement is critical or the door can't close. I thought it was lame and didn't utilize it for years but it came in useful when it got crowded so I put 5 strays on it that don't have boxes. glad I had it now but wished it'd hold more. interested in reading about about other options mentioned here.

Ended up throwing out all the crap shelves that came with the safe
Took closet organizers at lowes and made my own shelves
had to take off the door panel (piece of sheetrock with carpet )to make things fit and took some pegboard and mounted that on the door
Plenty of tool brackets for all sorts of stuff

If you are looking for something more specific, you can make one. Not that hard. Piece of plywood, foam backing and cloth. I bought these magnetic mounts on amazon one is cupped for the trigger guard and one is flat for magazines. Costs a little more but, it will be what you want.View attachment 447173

I like this. Do you just stick the guns on the magnets? Would you mind providing a close up?

OP I just bought some long magnetic strips and use the door to store my magazines.

I like this. Do you just stick the guns on the magnets? Would you mind providing a close up?

OP I just bought some long magnetic strips and use the door to store my magazines.

The gun magnet holds most of my pistols pretty good. only ones that are a little loose are the revolvers and my ruger MKIV .22 The magnets are coated with a rubber material so they don't mare the surface. just have to make sure your mounting screws are set in deep enough. The flat magnets are really strong. If the magazine is sitting flat and fully covered by the magnet, have fun getting it off. Usually I place them on their edge so there is less surface area holding the magazine. These are also coated with rubber.

IMG_1469.jpgIMG_1468.jpgIMG_1467.jpg

6974FED4-DA8F-4DCB-AE09-51E09E5C6122.jpeg6974FED4-DA8F-4DCB-AE09-51E09E5C6122.jpeg
The gun magnet holds most of my pistols pretty good. only ones that are a little loose are the revolvers and my ruger MKIV .22 The magnets are coated with a rubber material so they don't mare the surface. just have to make sure your mounting screws are set in deep enough. The flat magnets are really strong. If the magazine is sitting flat and fully covered by the magnet, have fun getting it off. Usually I place them on their edge so there is less surface area holding the magazine. These are also coated with rubber.

View attachment 447419View attachment 447420View attachment 447421

Looks like I found a project for the weekend. I like your setup better than mine. These are just the $1 magnet strips from Harbor freight.

Another cheap DIY option. 1/4 bolt, with nuts on both sides of the inside door wall, squeezing it. Covering the bolt and nut faces with plastic washer and using tubing to cover the the bolt. So there is no metal on metal contact.

One thing to take note of, while hanging any firearm on the door: if you use something permanent like I did, make sure the location doesn't line up with anything in the safe. Shelves and vertical walls in the safe will prevent the door from closing.
20210208_092114.jpg
20210208_092128.jpg

View attachment 447426View attachment 447426

Looks like I found a project for the weekend. I like your setup better than mine. These are just the $1 magnet strips from Harbor freight.

Got a stack-on(sentinel) 18-gun cabinet(no it's not a safe, but good enough for now) coming in, thinking about utilizing door space. Do you just bolt the magnetic strip through the door?

Got a stack-on(sentinel) 18-gun cabinet(no it's not a safe, but good enough for now) coming in, thinking about utilizing door space. Do you just bolt the magnetic strip through the door?

Yeah the strips come with holes pre drilled and the “wall” on the interior of the door is like covered Sheetrock.

Back
Top Bottom