Gun Safe - Black Friday deals?

If you have the room and a little extra cash, buy a safe twice as big as you think you need. If your new safe is too small, the firearms get put too close together and tend to multiply quickly.

Seriously, buy a somewhat larger safe.

If you have the room and a little extra cash, buy a safe twice as big as you think you need. If your new safe is too small, the firearms get put too close together and tend to multiply quickly.

Seriously, buy a somewhat larger safe.

I agree with what you were saying in that is why I'm now thinking about going with the 24 gun from Walmart I figure at the moment I do not have enough guns to fill it but I sure do have enough ammo and knives

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I was in the Avon costco last week and they had a display of safes that you order from Costco online at prices that were hard to beat. Might pay to join if you are near one.

I was at the Nashua Costco yesterday and saw the same display.

The safes looked decent for the money and the fire ratings weren't too bad. It's not a Fort Knox but a reasonable deal.

I was at the Nashua Costco yesterday and saw the same display.

The safes looked decent for the money and the fire ratings weren't too bad. It's not a Fort Knox but a reasonable deal.

My only bitch with Costco is they won't allow you to ship it to the store and pick up there. It would save me tax and freaking my nosy neighbors out with the giant gunsafe box in the driveway all day until I get home [smile]

Please realize a 24 gun safe is only going to hold about 12 - 16 rifles, maybe less depending on what they are. The Winchester from Tractor Supply is a great deal. Rent a furniture dolly from UHAUL or get one and use a couple friends. Bring cardboard and "walk" the safe everywhere except up the stairs.

Take your time and plan ahead and it is not a big deal. Make sure it is strapped to the dolly too.

IIRC the Cannon they sell will also be on sale and weighs maybe 120? lbs less if you are worried about weight.

Remington 700's at Dick's (.308, .223, .243, ???) will go on sale for $399 and will most likely also have rebates.

Please realize a 24 gun safe is only going to hold about 12 - 16 rifles, maybe less depending on what they are. The Winchester from Tractor Supply is a great deal. Rent a furniture dolly from UHAUL or get one and use a couple friends. Bring cardboard and "walk" the safe everywhere except up the stairs.

Take your time and plan ahead and it is not a big deal. Make sure it is strapped to the dolly too.

IIRC the Cannon they sell will also be on sale and weighs maybe 120? lbs less if you are worried about weight.

I do and i currently dont even own half of what it will actually take. But at some point I will and then ill get another one. I think I might get the canon series at walmart

UPDATE:
The safe at walmart does not have a backup key i have been there twice now with a truck first time they couldn't find the paperwork, now they say there is not key.

Looks like im getting the one at FSguns.

UPDATE:
The safe at walmart does not have a backup key i have been there twice now with a truck first time they couldn't find the paperwork, now they say there is not key.

Looks like im getting the one at FSguns.

Is it a keypad lock? 99% of them come into the store with the combo set to 1-2-3-4-5-6.

Another vote for the Winchester at Tractor supply.
A bonus is the handgun storage for the door.
Usually an extra for most others.

I am interested in the Winchester safe but had a question...does anyone have one and had a goldenrod (or anything the requires power) installed? I assume this safe comes with no pre-drilled holes for power? Thanks.

The grey Winchester safe at Tractor Supply does not have holes for power. You could drill some, but they are not there from the factory. (I use portable dehumidifiers anyway. The Remington ones or Stack-On ones. You plug them into a wall when they turn pink.)

Either way, I think it's a great safe with the door organizer, and is always on sale on Black Friday.

The grey Winchester safe at Tractor Supply does not have holes for power. You could drill some, but they are not there from the factory. (I use portable dehumidifiers anyway. The Remington ones or Stack-On ones. You plug them into a wall when they turn pink.)

Either way, I think it's a great safe with the door organizer, and is always on sale on Black Friday.

Thanks for the info. I keep mine (currently) in a Stack On cabinet in the basement and I run a room dehumidifier as well. Are safes in general air tight so I wouldn't need to run the room dehumidifier anymore? I know this is off topic for the thread so I won't ask any more questions :)

This s what I ended up getting its a heritage fprtress. Got it at fsguns 500 $

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Dicks is having some good Black Friday deals this year.. 64+4 gun stack on $700, 24 gun $399

Dammit, came to post this

EDIT: I might be spending the evening / morning at Dick's after looking through their ad

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom