• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Room, Shrewsbury, MA

Who wants to start guessing when the doors will close for good? I'll say around or before July 2013.

There has GOT to be something shady going on there... I have no idea how they are still in business after everything I have heard. It just seems that they treat customers like a complete burden to their company.

This thread brings back soooo many memories. My dad used to always take me there when I was a kid. I still have the GP 100 he bought there in the 90's. I could barely breathe in that place with all the smoke. Have not been in there for a long time. I did however check out the shop that opened up in Vin's TV next door, nice shop there with lots of potential, that does not smell like an ashtray...

Last edited:
Short, sweet and to the point: "Please. If you work in a gun store, don't be an a**h***."

I love it.

the-more-you-know.jpeg

I have to admit, I’ve been in there a few times over the past couple years. Each time it’s been a different experience. I’ve purchased a rifle and a pistol from them on different occasions, mainly due to the fact they are local to me and save me a ride to Woburn or Natick (GFA I think is the name, which is a great place..Guns and cars.. dream job for me!).

I guess the difference in price compared to the difference in gas for the ride is virtually negligible. My first experience wasn’t bad and I was more interested in checking out the place and an AR15. Subsequent visits showed a decline in customer service, dropping like the 2008 stock market. I’m not sure if it was the person I was working with was different. The last time I went in there was early spring of this year (April/May 2012) and I got the cold shoulder that everyone has indicated here, which I find very strange as I had money with me and intent to buy something new for the range. I ended up going to Bass Pro in Foxborough instead, so I still paid over what I should have but I didn’t get ignored.

Actually, I went in to Four Seasons before I got my license and was not able to handle anything. now that I have it they are great but... I don't know anyone related to Collector's but also went in there and they were very friendly. Sportsmen's Den in Quincy let me handle prior to license arriving.

I figure its only a matter of time before they go out of business.

Actually, the CT school shooting is probably the best thing to happen to them in years.
The buying frenzy is so retarded right now that customers aren't being picky about outrageous prices and crappy service, just as long as they can get their hands on something before the new laws get passed.

Just adding my voice to the chorus to avoid this place. The employees are unfriendly (if not rude) and the inventory is sparse and overpriced. I've gone in open minded a few different times and always left with a negative impression.

Just adding my voice to the chorus to avoid this place. The employees are unfriendly (if not rude) and the inventory is sparse and overpriced. I've gone in open minded a few different times and always left with a negative impression.

Ya know what they say about doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. ..

Ya know what they say about doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. ..

I know. I also stop into the old Spags every few months expecting to find something cool but that place is a dump now. Guess I'm just hopeful (that, and I have time to kill on lunch breaks). Ammo shortage has made me desperate.

I went into the Gun Room, once, about a year ago. Some fat guy yelled at me for handling a USP .40 "incorrectly" (wasn't aiming it at anyone, finger off the trigger, etc, wasn't sure what his problem was) Fast forward to today, same dude is behind the counter at Archery & Arms in Auburn. Still a douche!

I went into the Gun Room, once, about a year ago. Some fat guy yelled at me for handling a USP .40 "incorrectly" (wasn't aiming it at anyone, finger off the trigger, etc, wasn't sure what his problem was) Fast forward to today, same dude is behind the counter at Archery & Arms in Auburn. Still a douche!

Archery & Arms in Auburn??? Isn't Archery & Arms right next to The Gun Room?

Archery & Arms in Auburn??? Isn't Archery & Arms right next to The Gun Room?
Moved a short while ago. I thought the guy that owes Vins was the owner or joint owner so maybe a parting of ways.
I went there several times, nice guys, but they never had much stock and practically nothing new. Must be even more difficult now.

Does Archery & Arms have their own review thread here ???
If not, maybe you should start one with the above info.

Back
Top Bottom