Gun Repair - Paperwork

ben1

NES Member
I tried searching the board but couldn't find anything specific on this. If I am bringing a handgun to a shop for some work to be done on it, is there paperwork that gets filled out showing the handgun is there? I just want to make sure I have everything covered should something happen and I need to prove that I was not in possession of the handgun at the time.

Thanks in advance.

The dealer must log it into his/her bound book if it being kept overnight. I believe a dealer is allowed to do a "while u wait" repair without bound booking it. Any professional shop will be glad to give you a receipt for the gun.

The dealer must log it into his/her bound book if it being kept overnight. I believe a dealer is allowed to do a "while u wait" repair without bound booking it. Any professional shop will be glad to give you a receipt for the gun.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. It has to stay there a week so I assumed there was some sort of log.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. It has to stay there a week so I assumed there was some sort of log.
It's called the "bound book", and all guns at the shop must either be bound in the book or clearly labeled "Personal property of xyz, not inventory". This is because the inventory and bound book must match in the case of a BATFE audit.

You wouldn't want your gun to go out and commit crimes while it is away from it's "safe place". [smile]

Exactly. Thankfully, its MA complaint so I shouldn't have to worry, right? They go through the hard work of restricting all the guns that are bad and going to commit crimes on their own. (sarcasm)

Exactly. Thankfully, its MA complaint so I shouldn't have to worry, right? They go through the hard work of restricting all the guns that are bad and going to commit crimes on their own. (sarcasm)

You wouldn't have to worry regardless, they are not transfering (selling) it to you.

Now about those guns that commit crimes all on their own..............

Back
Top Bottom