• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun ranges in Worcester?

Hi, I am 15 years old and I am having a hard time trying to find a gun range that would except a minor, even with parental permission. I, nor my parents have any license. I only have a Basic Firearms permit

Hi, I am 15 years old and I am having a hard time trying to find a gun range that would except a minor, even with parental permission. I, nor my parents have any license. I only have a Basic Firearms permit

If you are looking to shoot. Secure some time with an instructor for a private lesson.

Wilson:

First, where are you located?

Second, yeah, there are probably few Clubs that will take an <18 person as a member. That said, there are some with Junior memberships available, and that might be an option.

Third, unless you have someone that will loan you a gun, you're going to have a tough time, as you can't purchase one, or ammo in Mass for that matter. If your parent(s) are supportive, then one or both would have to get an FID/LTC to enable you. It's not unprecedented - I know one young shooter who's dad did that. Kid had an FID; dad got the goods.

Did you mean FID card? Never heard of a "Basic Firearms permit" in MA.

Fed law says that nobody under 18 yo can buy a long gun or ammo from any dealer in the US. So a parent really needs to get licensed to get you a gun and ammo that you can shoot or you won't be able to do it.

Also I've been a member of 4 different clubs and I'm unaware of any club that allows junior members to have a key/access card to the property and shoot by themselves. In all cases, junior members must be supervised by an adult (with a membership and thus a license).

Gun clubs do allow 15 yo to participate in their junior rifle programs with parental consent. In this case it is an organized activity and the gun club supplies the guns and ammo for each event. Most gun clubs in MA have this program and it does not require your parents to participate, be licensed or to join the club . . . this may be your best short-term bet.

Back
Top Bottom