• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Range Jerks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevireno

NES Member
Well, Jerk is not the right word... Let me explain...

I took my family to the outdoor range today. Nice day, about 7 of us, me and 2 experienced shooters and some others. This guy was shooting a few lanes down from us... So my dads holding a small 9mm carbine, barrel pointing at the ground as I am getting some ammo ready when "Mr. I wanna be a range supervisor" Comes strolling over, telling him to "watch where he is pointing that barrel, we don't want any accidents..." You could tell he could care less about our safety, this was his chance to show everyone in my little group how foolish we are all and how safe and professional he is. My dad is ex-military, he knows how to handle a gun. He wasn't sweeping me or anyone, but there always seems to be one guy who cant wait to tell you that your doing something wrong to make themselves look better.

I gave the classic "yeah, thanks...." answer as he smiled. No kidding we don't want any accidents, but I wasn't going to sit there and argue in front of my family about his perception of our safety.

Funny thing is, he then packed up his things at his pistol lane, and sat there on his phone for 20 minutes until I had to ask him if he was done so we could use the longer pistol pit he was using...

Happen to others? Brush it off next time? Take it seriously and have no one handle a gun until shooting? He was holding it while I loaded the next mag...

I've had people tell me I'm not allowed to shot x gun at a club . Last time it happen some dude told me I couldn't shoot mosin at the range I was at and I was shooting too fast . Um yeah too fast with a scope bolt action lol. Because the steel core ammo could bounce back from the berm lol . A bod member was sitting behind talking to me before about mosins. He told the guy I wasn't doing any thing wrong.

The worse was I was shooting a mosin . Guy showed up and I switched to a ar. Then switched back to the mosin . The guy asked me if I could not shoot the mosin cause it was to loud for him . I told him to move farther down the line and started shooting I was in like lane 1 and he sat at lane 3 .

Funny thing is is that is the same guy who is posting "you should have seen the crazy people muzzle sweeping me at the range" next time just shoot him in the foot but make sure you say sorry

Only time I talk to people at the range is if they like what I brought or I like what they brought . Or if one of us needs to go down range.

Only time I spoke to people about safety is when I was shooting my .45 at bobs and my buddy was like turn and look. I had 5 people pointing the guns they rented at me . Not one of them spoke good English that was scary.
I think the 45 boom scared them .

The worse was I was shooting a mosin . Guy showed up and I switched to a ar. Then switched back to the mosin . The guy asked me if I could not shoot the mosin cause it was to loud for him . I told him to move farther down the line and started shooting I was in like lane 1 and he sat at lane 3 .

[rofl2]

Only time I talk to people at the range is if they like what I brought or I like what they brought . Or if one of us needs to go down range.

Only time I spoke to people about safety is when I was shooting my .45 at bobs and my buddy was like turn and look. I had 5 people pointing the guns they rented at me . Not one of them spoke good English that was scary.

Only time I've ever spoken to someone about safety was at Bobs. twenty somethings next to me were sweeping me every time they finished a mag on the rented 9 mil they would turn around with it in their hand and take it to the table behind them to load it up. No shit.......I asked them nicely once to keep the gun on the deck pointed down range and just load the mags at the table and bring them to the deck to shoot......I was nice.......the first time. NOT SO NICE when they continued to do it. Bobs staff is oblivious to what goes on in there......that's why I'll never go back.

Oh.....and if you think a 45 scares em you should have seen em when I tossed off some 125 grain Remington JSP out of my 2 1/4 inch 357 mag.......guy two lanes over dropped a whole box of ammo I scared him so bad!

to the OP......as long as the handgun is pointed down range IMO you are being safe.....even if its pointed at a downward angle......but well in front of you that is in my opinion safe. If you smile and just say "got it thanks" you've played nice to the "safety gurus".

Flipside story - A member at my club had no clue what to make of the ramped rear sight on his new, cheap AK clone. When he flipped it up to 1000m and started bouncing rounds off of the top of the berm, I had to stop shooting my mosin and intercede in the name of safety.

Everybody is empowered to be RSO - "Safety is everybodys' business."
That said, anybody who feels the need to speak up should have enough of a clue to know when somebody is doing something truly unsafe, and have the sense to bite his tongue if he perceives others are more experienced than he.

I rented the 500 once from there .
Guy was like why you only load one round . Um I never fired it before and I've seen people pull the trigger a second time cause of the recoil . I fired the 500 and the dude was like holy shit wtf is that . Lol
Loaded the thing up and every one on the range that rented stopped and just watched .

I've seen people shoot the wall at that place load mag and bam they shoot the wall .

I've had people tell me I'm not allowed to shot x gun at a club . Last time it happen some dude told me I couldn't shoot mosin at the range I was at and I was shooting too fast . Um yeah too fast with a scope bolt action lol. Because the steel core ammo could bounce back from the berm lol . A bod member was sitting behind talking to me before about mosins. He told the guy I wasn't doing any thing wrong.

Holy shit that is funny. I'd of asked him if his wife kept his balls in her purse and forgot to give them back when he left the house for the range.......jesus what a ****ing pussy

I rented the 500 once from there .
Guy was like why you only load one round . Um I never fired it before and I've seen people pull the trigger a second time cause of the recoil . I fired the 500 and the dude was like holy shit wtf is that . Lol
Loaded the thing up and every one on the range that rented stopped and just watched .

I've seen people shoot the wall at that place load mag and bam they shoot the wall .

You ever look up at the ceiling in there? There must be 40 - 50 holes in the ****ing ceiling just above and in front of the firing positions......how the **** does one exactly shoot a round up there is beyond me.......another reason not to shoot at Bobs.

Thanks guys, I feel better that it's just not me... I felt we were being safe. If it happens again, I'll smile and say thanks....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Holy shit that is funny. I'd of asked him if his wife kept his balls in her purse and forgot to give them back when he left the house for the range.......jesus what a ****ing pussy

This. Was this at MRA with me Ben? I don't remember this, just the douche that implied that we hit the berm, an impossible shot from the firing line anyways [rolleyes]

Shooters who complain about muzzle noise should sell their guns while they can, wastes of space.

This. Was this at MRA with me Ben? I don't remember this, just the douche that implied that we hit the berm, an impossible shot from the firing line anyways [rolleyes]

Shooters who complain about muzzle noise should sell their guns while they can, wastes of space.

Absolutely.....I love the boom of a mosin 91-30......so much that my next gun will be a mosin m44! Those suckers really go booooooom!

Back in the final days of the S&W range there was an individual with a few of his friends renting a few lanes down from me wearing a hoodie. Now, I was inside the "walls" at the time but there were a good five or so people along the back watching people shoot, one of which being my father.

Hoodie gets a hot piece of brass flying into his hoodie, jumps and spins, sweeping the previously mentioned five people in the back with a hot gun and his finger on the trigger. The head range officer was not pleased. I believe the first words everyone heard very clearly were, "All effing weapons on the deck right now!" He then proceeded to go full R. Lee Ermy on the guy. It was truly a sight to behold and thankfully no one was hurt.

Back in the final days of the S&W range there was an individual with a few of his friends renting a few lanes down from me wearing a hoodie. Now, I was inside the "walls" at the time but there were a good five or so people along the back watching people shoot, one of which being my father.

Hoodie gets a hot piece of brass flying into his hoodie, jumps and spins, sweeping the previously mentioned five people in the back with a hot gun and his finger on the trigger. The head range officer was not pleased. I believe the first words everyone heard very clearly were, "All effing weapons on the deck right now!" He then proceeded to go full R. Lee Ermy on the guy. It was truly a sight to behold and thankfully no one was hurt.

Wow......yes hot brass hurts.....but you need to be a ****ing man and put your weapon on safe and lay it on the deck facing down range.......then you are free to scream and hop around like a school girl all you want.

Gotta love wannabe range officers. They all think they're so bad ass, and all they are is tacticool retards.

Was the range cold? Lots of places frown on gun handling if the range is cold.

If not, the the guy was just a douche.

Aside from brass rats scurrying around, worse range faux pas I've experienced was some jerk started tapping on my shoulder, while I'm shooting, telling me he's ready to go down range. It was a 10 round SKS mag. He couldn't wait I guess. Seemed a bit Aspergerish.

Absolutely.....I love the boom of a mosin 91-30......so much that my next gun will be a mosin m44! Those suckers really go booooooom!

Ohh, the report off my M44 is ****ing epic. I love shooting it out in the hills. The echos reverb for a while.
Will definitely clear pussies off the range.

Bob's is dangerous - too many inexperienced shooters and muzzle sweeps. I saw a woman on the far left lane shooting when one of her friends asked to get a picture. She turned to her right and swept the whole line on her right, in addition to pointing the firearm at her friend taking the pic. - Stopped going there after that one!

Leaving Danvers fish and game at the end of this month after 15 years because of the assh@le range officers there. It was fine when 90 year old blind and deaf guys ran it. We now have uptight retired types that think they and their few lifer friends somehow own the place. Had a confrontation with one the other day, first time ever. Long story short I had a new guy to shooting with me. We walk in to sigh up and he's all over us with "the rules" as if a nervous first timer is going to hear all that mess being thrown at him. Right off the bat without even a gun out of the car my guest makes the mistake of leaning the target stand against the bench to staple the target to it, not a gun out of the car yet. Over the load speaker comes "get off the table". So ok he messed up, point taken. Not enough. Soon as everyone's back and firing has begun here comes stick up his ass practically running towards us, again not even a gun present. As he gets to us I say with a smile we know, sorry. He snaps at me "no you don't know!" Well that's when I finally had it. I won't go into what I said but let's just say I was bullshit and let years of frustration with this guy fly. Every little infraction I've seen him make was thrown right back at him. We didn't even shoot I was too piss*d to have any fun at this point. Worst thing is I was telling my guest how bad it had become with the range nazis the whole ride over to the place. Anyway f them. Myself and at least 4 others are leaving this June and taking our biz and any new members we would have brought in with us somewhere else. Sucks but I don't need some dink with his first little taste of what he thinks is power turning what should be a fun few hours into a stress filled time. Rant over.

Not with you friends range up north .
I didn't think he implied it was is more just showed us the retards , cause the next week he showed us more holes.

But that time Alfred brought me to sight the mosin in I did ruin some ones date lol .

Last time I shot the mosin at mra I was laugh hard from the snow falling off the roof lol .

Last edited:
Leaving Danvers fish and game at the end of this month after 15 years because of the assh@le range officers there. It was fine when 90 year old blind and deaf guys ran it. We now have uptight retired types that think they and their few lifer friends somehow own the place. Had a confrontation with one the other day, first time ever. Long story short I had a new guy to shooting with me. We walk in to sigh up and he's all over us with "the rules" as if a nervous first timer is going to hear all that mess being thrown at him. Right off the bat without even a gun out of the car my guest makes the mistake of leaning the target stand against the bench to staple the target to it, not a gun out of the car yet. Over the load speaker comes "get off the table". So ok he messed up, point taken. Not enough. Soon as everyone's back and firing has begun here comes stick up his ass practically running towards us, again not even a gun present. As he gets to us I say with a smile we know, sorry. He snaps at me "no you don't know!" Well that's when I finally had it. I won't go into what I said but let's just say I was bullshit and let years of frustration with this guy fly. Every little infraction I've seen him make was thrown right back at him. We didn't even shoot I was too piss*d to have any fun at this point. Worst thing is I was telling my guest how bad it had become with the range nazis the whole ride over to the place. Anyway f them. Myself and at least 4 others are leaving this June and taking our biz and any new members we would have brought in with us somewhere else. Sucks but I don't need some dink with his first little taste of what he thinks is power turning what should be a fun few hours into a stress filled time. Rant over.
Holy **** did you say they have a loud speaker! At my club I'm lucky if there is ever anyone there shooting! Been a member over a year and shoot twice a month even in wintertime......shared the range with someone else exactly 3 times! Nobody looking g over your shoulder at all.

I abandoned my club because of people.

I now just shoot at a gated cool peoples range anything goes.i shoot pistols in my yard like everyone else in my hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom