Gun Rally and meeting today

I emailed Goal. Fast response FWIW.

It appears Moms Without Clues had some kind of “advocacy day” to discuss whatever nonsense it is they discuss. No hearing.

So, false alarm I guess? Though, maybe we should be hosting our own pain-in-the-ass days as well? Seems only logical..,

Looks like they had an undetectable (at least to us) hearing.

It wasn't a hearing, just an event by and for anti's. These groups are quite adept at making a sympathetic case for their gun control. Also doesn't help that more often than not they're preaching to the choir.

We should all be trying to make the GOAL Advocacy Workshop on Sunday, Oct 20th.

It appears Moms Without Clues had some kind of “advocacy day” to discuss whatever nonsense it is they discuss. No hearing.

So, false alarm I guess? Though, maybe we should be hosting our own pain-in-the-ass days as well? Seems only logical..,

Agree, having Legislative Days on the Hill is very important.

Why were there no E-Blasts or other emails sent out from GOAL and others about this...?

I would have went, but I just saw this thread...

JFC, why wasn't this front and center for us?

This was nothing but a pep rally for demanding moms and their sycophant legislators. Even if GOAL had advance notice on this there was zero to gain from showing up, and or speaking out about it.

If you want to do something, there was a hearing on 8/28/19. Look at GOAL's info on this and arrange a FTF with your state legislators. Alert – Public Hearing August 28 MA State House - Report on hearing: GOAL Testifies Before Public Safety Committee Regarding Gun Proposals

As others have said above, you can also attend GOAL's advocacy workshop at the end of October, info here: GOAL Advocacy Workshop

And GOAL will most likely have an advocacy day of their own following the workshop, so you can show up for that.

If you want to do something, there was a hearing on 8/28/19. Look at GOAL's info on this and arrange a FTF with your state legislators. Alert – Public Hearing August 28 MA State House - Report on hearing: GOAL Testifies Before Public Safety Committee Regarding Gun Proposals

As others have said above, you can also attend GOAL's advocacy workshop at the end of October, info here: GOAL Advocacy Workshop

Already signed up for the Advocacy Workshop, spent 3 hour on Beacon Hill on 8/28, written emails to POTUS, Lori Trahan, Colleen Garry and Barry Finegold, Joined The Beacon Hill Irregulars and met with Jim Wallace for an hour to discuss potential Activist Role for the Irregulars. I am doing something...

This was nothing but a pep rally for demanding moms and their sycophant legislators. Even if GOAL had advance notice on this there was zero to gain from showing up, and or speaking out about it.

And GOAL will most likely have an advocacy day of their own following the workshop, so you can show up for that.

Mike S. is spot on.
What can YOU do? First, be a member of GOAL and encourage others that a not members to join. At $30 per year, it is small money. Second, when the alert goes out, as it did for the 8/28/19 hearing, ATTEND at a minimum, speak/testify if you can articulate pro 2A points. Third, attend GOAL's Advocacy Workshop to learn from the experts. Fourth, if you are on Twitter (yes, I know... I know...), follow @GOALUpdate and RETWEET the news that GOAL provides. It's accurate and very timely. Retweets do have an effect. Fifth, find out who your State Senator and State Congressman are (again links on GOAL's website make it easy to find out). Most have monthly town meetings you can just show up and talk face to face to your representatives. If you can't meet face to face, then write a hand written letter to them. Not some template someone else wrote. Sixth, go to your club's monthly meetings and find out if they have a "legislative" person. Can they send out alerts to their members? Is the club a GOAL affiliate? If not, ask why the "F" not?

There are over 500K licensed gun owners in Massachusetts. GOAL has about 15K members. That's around 3%! It is no wonder the "other" side runs over us like road kill.

But for crying out loud, do "F"ing something positive to be your own advocate. NES is great, I'm a huge fan, but I don't think either of my reps read a damn thing on here. Maybe the AG does, but not the people that actually make laws.

O.K. off my rant. In my defense, I'm sanding, prepping, staining, and poly'ing solid pine doors in my house and maybe the ventilation is not what it should be. :emoji_radioactive:

Jay

It may seem like a stupid pep rally, but one voice is the only voice heard.

If you want to do something, there was a hearing on 8/28/19.

Edit: Quoted your post, but the following is not aimed at you (just to be clear)

I was there with some folks from the local club...

Short notice? Yes.

Work day? Yes.

Pain in the ass? Yes.

Some good speakers on our side? Yes.

Disappointing turnout? Absolutely.

Yes they had to reconfigure to accommodate the larger than expected amount of people who showed, but this is more a victory on paper than in reality. Considering how many of us there are, it was sort of scary really, a bit of a wake up call.

Here is the deal from this moron’s perspective. You want this shit to stop? Then you need to stop relying on others to do the work. Yeah, yeah, I know. If you have an excuse why you couldn’t be there/won’t be there, save it. No one who is going, or who is trying to get you to go, gives a shit why you aren’t going. Even if you have a legitimate excuse, frankly, it is irrelevant, and all it does is work against the cause. If you can and will go, get up on your chair and let everyone know. If you are not, keep it to yourself. Best intentions and “you have my support”s don't amount to shit. It is voices and bodies that will make the difference (and hot air on a forum doesn’t count).

Am I up on a high horse here? Sure, and without a leg to stand on, as that was the first event I went to. Like I said, it was an eye opener. We as a group are not doing our part. They are not taking our rights away, we are giving them away.

Look forward to it.

Ponder this...

Moms Demand Action was able to field about 60 people unified with matching tee shirts and printed sign boards, had Statehouse Room 437 Reserved for their use,
spent 4 hours on-site, met with their Legislators and the Legislators involved in Firearms/Safety Committees
and have follow-up meetings planned for the rest of the week. Moms Demand Action - MA

71244713_1277173542449181_894922630157565952_n.jpg

The MDA "Will not Give Up the Fight"...
... we barely show up.

67838679_1239101099589759_3429418930727288832_o.jpg

Visit their Facebook page. Get an understanding of what we are up against:
View: https://www.facebook.com/events/826914227706065/

72478156_1282254845274384_3563984409344344064_n.jpg

71202798_1282254635274405_1327874179910860800_n.jpg
71373751_1282372721929263_3637252514144845824_n.jpg
71351308_1282254578607744_280671130631536640_n.jpg
71483765_1282372725262596_3623714498054979584_n.jpg

Last edited:
The Inquirer and Mirror reported that a malfunction in the high school’s alarm system led to the lockdown, and during the lockdown, one student broke a leg while trying to leave the building through a window.

Well that's obviously reason enough to infringe on law-abiding peoples' Constitutional Rights.

You bastards!

This. The left is PROACTIVE in getting heard and getting in front of critters. Gun owners are mostly reactive at protecting their rights when threatened.

Back
Top Bottom