• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun permit applications surged nearly 1,000 percent in New York’s Jewish community

Reptile

NES Member
Gun permit applications surged nearly 1,000 percent in New York’s Jewish community since the December 28, 2019, attack on Hasidic Jews in a rabbi’s home.

The Washington Examiner reports that the surge is clear in Rockland County, the very county in which the rabbi’s home was attacked. The Rockland County Clerk’s office reported the “nearly 1,000 percent increase in gun permit applications in the week following the Dec. 28 attack.”

45000646_2175800852635910_8690677224635891712_o-760x507.jpg

Its much better to be proactive than reactive. I tell people, if you have the means ( ltc ) to protect yourself in any situation , why WOULDNT you choose that option before an incident arises.

Is that 1,000% increase a change from 1 to 11, or from 200 to 2,200? How big a population?

This headline reads very Breitbart, and I'm suspicious of the numbers.

EDIT:

OK, so it went from 6 to 65. I'm guessing at the "6", because that would make it "nearly 1000%"

Right. I wonder what % get issued. Jack.
I heard rifle/shotgun permits are fairly easy to get. Carry licenses for pistols are next to impossible unless you are a wealthy celebrity. Magazine capacity for rifles/shotguns is limited to 5 rounds, including tube-fed .22 rimfire rifles. You have to register all rifles/shotguns and prove that they have been permanently modified by a licensed NYC gunsmith to hold no more than 5 rounds. Very restrictive. No "assault weapons" allowed either. If I was unfortunate enough to have to live there, my choice would be a stock Remington 870 12 gauge with a plus-one mag extension tube so I would have the full legal 5 rounds.

Here's why this is significant

It represents the number of people that have not only thought threw shit and realized that they are in immanent danger but have also decided to act on that

for every person they report that has committed to this process there are innumerable others who are thinking the same thing but havent pulled the trigger yet so to speak

these people are realizing that the donks have not only used them but also abandoned them and in most cases they will vote AGAINST the donks in 2020

it opens up all sorts of new possibilities for elections in states/disctricts that have been out of play for the GOP for decades......

I understand all that.

If that's 6 to 65 out of 50,000 people, it's a large percentage increase in a very small number; but if it's 6 to 65 out of 1,000 people, that represents a much larger percentage of the population.

Gun permit applications surged nearly 1,000 percent in New York’s Jewish community since the December 28, 2019, attack on Hasidic Jews in a rabbi’s home.

The Washington Examiner reports that the surge is clear in Rockland County, the very county in which the rabbi’s home was attacked. The Rockland County Clerk’s office reported the “nearly 1,000 percent increase in gun permit applications in the week following the Dec. 28 attack.”

And denials rise 1000%

Can't blame them one bit!

I actually can blame a lot of them. Because most of them supported candidates who support anti 2A style gun control. But now they see the value in 2A.

I never understood how descendants of people who survived the holocaust could ever trust a government ever again to not repeat what hitler did....

again, you seem to miss the point...which is the simple fact that this is a sea change in attitude for NY's jewish community......

for every person they report that has committed to this process there are innumerable others who are thinking the same thing but havent pulled the trigger yet so to speak

But it's not a sea change if the overall population is huge.

If there are 325,695 people in Rockland country, (which there are, according to Wikipedia) the difference between 6 and 65 is the difference between .0018% and .0199% of the population. That's hardly an overwhelming change in the attitudes of the Rockland County populous.

Even if we were talking about a relatively small community of like 5,000 people, the difference would still only be 0.12% to 1.3% of the population. That's much more significant, but hardly an indicator that the community is embracing gun ownership.

I wonder how many will continue to keep voting for democrats while they sit patiently for years on end for their gun permits to arrive?
Most all.

I wonder if they will still vote for politicians that want to take their guns away ?
Yes, I doubt that this will change significantly.

^ Because you know a lot of those people?
You didn't address me, but yes I do.

When the Jewish LE org visited Israel in 1989, since the national org is based out of NYPD, I can tell you that a large percentage of our 185 on that tour were NY/NJ LEOs. We were guests of the IDF and Israeli Police and could have visited their range if only more than myself requested it . . . nobody else was interested and I was very sad about that!

In addition, thru that org that I belonged to for >30 yrs, I met and talked with numerous Jewish LEOs serving in the NY area. They aren't gun people and don't likely carry more than is required by their job.

I actually can blame a lot of them. Because most of them supported candidates who support anti 2A style gun control. But now they see the value in 2A.

I never understood how descendants of people who survived the holocaust could ever trust a government ever again to not repeat what hitler did....
I'm Jewish and I can't figure this out either!

I'm Jewish and I can't figure this out either!
I think a lot of them always, secretly, saw the value of being armed. Years ago, "Hanoi Jane" Fonda and her husband heard the alarm go off at their Brentwood mansion and the police were automatically notified. They met the responding LAPD officers with guns in their hands (not the smartest thing to do, IMHO!). Turned out to be a malfunctioning security system and all was well. At the time, that traitor and her husband were calling for stricter gun laws and handgun bans for civilians. I am sure there are many more hypocrites like them out there.

Back
Top Bottom