• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Parlor in Worcester stays open despite governor’s order closing non-essential businesses amid COVID-19

Reptile

NES Member
While gun shops across the country are responding differently to the crisis, Gov. Charlie Baker says they are not essential and should not keep their brick-and-mortar stores open in Massachusetts.

Yet the Gun Parlor in Worcester decided to keep its doors open, although the governor’s executive order directs non-essential businesses to shift to remote work or close temporarily.

“We will be open today 10am to 6pm,” the store posted on Facebook Tuesday, the day when non-essential businesses were supposed to close their shops at noon. “We are limiting the amount of people in the store at one time for the health and safety of our employees and customers. We look forward to helping you within a safe and clean environment.”

About the only good thing the gun parlor has done recently, unless they're setting themselves up to film a 2a hit piece at their range again.

I agree with some of the words out of other states- Corona has found wave of new gun owners who need training and have noplace to go- that's dangerous.

taking gp off the boycott list i guess.... we never make a reversal...until now! congratulations gp.

Meh, too soon. Wait a few days or a week to see what their actual motive is. Then, and only then do we consider taking them off the list. After a formal NES vote of course.
Hah! Funny thought. Wonder if anyone will drop on by since they're open, give 'em a good "thank you!" and then leave an upper decker for good measure and past transgressions. The NES way.

He can easily argue that his business is essential, as he has like 20 PDs that train there. Before everyone goes nuts with their some animals are more equal than others BS, I only that that is a strategy, not that I agree with it. If I had a multi million dollar low margin business, I would use every tool in toolbox

Plenty of gun stores open still. My local one has been going non stop and increased their hours since last week.

Good for GP. Playing backdrop for a news hit piece was dumb but I'm sure they have learned their lesson. Occasionally I'll stop in for ammo and even AR parts. What they have is usually decent quality (Sig, etc.) at a decent price. A couple times I've found used rifles at a very good price. They've always been nice to me. However, If I want a new gun I'll order it and transfer via Pullman.

I understand the animosity towards the gp, but they are not the only ones staying open.
Remember, this is not mandatory, only a recommendation / suggestion.
So it's really not groundbreaking by any means.
Patronize them if you want, don't if you don't.
They are certainly not the only show in town if you will.

Back
Top Bottom