• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Owners vs. Gun Nuts

1da780341cd9a463191e903d974cef9f.jpg
The gun gives innocent civilians the ability to say this and make it mean something. It’s why the second amendment is sacrosanct.

I thinks it’s the binary Gun Owners vs Gun Nuts thing that bothers me. Hunting and School Shootings leaves a lot of ground in between to disagree about. "Stigmatizing infantile attitudes towards firearms" has little concrete meaning in a polarized nation. Labeling Conservatives as Bitter Clingers, MAGA Semi-Fascists & Deplorables didn’t catch on in much of the country. It’s far too late to expect any stigmatization of reasons for owning guns to rise above the lack of civility and respect in today’s politics.

It starts from the top. Biden mocks firearms as a check on a tyrannical governments by saying you would need an F-15 to take on government. Maybe so, but you don’t get an F-15 if government has disarmed the population.

Wtf is a "gun nut"? 🤣

Out of all the major mass shooters the only one that was a long term gun owner was paddock. The rest of them are all like two year or less types with a handful of stuff they bought. So i have no idea wtf the author is talking about. If anything, longterm hardcore collectors/enthusiasts are not likely to be perpetrators of that stuff. Probably some retard that spent too much time huffing his own farts.
It’s simple.

Make the public think that gun people are barely one step above neo Nazis. Makes it much easier to pass gun control.

It’s simple.

Make the public think that gun people are barely one step above neo Nazis. Makes it much easier to pass gun control.
The Leftists are too brainwashed to understand the consequences of disarming the population. They really believe that if WE were disarmed they would be able to usher in their Utopian society controlled by them.

The Leftists are too brainwashed to understand the consequences of disarming the population. They really believe that if WE were disarmed they would be able to usher in their Utopian society controlled by them.
The intelligentsia during the Russian revolution thought that because they supported the Bolsheviks, they would be protected. They didn't realize that Stalin knew that if they could overthrow the czar, they could overthrow him. So he murdered millions of them to protect his power. Shot a bunch, and sent the rest to the gulags.

They think they will be protected because they read no history, and they know nothing.

I didn't read the whole thread, but David Yamane has been covering this for years as a college professor of sociology.

He was not a gun guy, but started studying gun culture as an academic exercise. He's turned into a gun guy, and has helped many non-gun people from the left grow comfortable with guns and has helped teach them how to shoot.

Naturally, when he suggests avoiding "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out!" rhetoric, he gets called an anti-gunner.

The intelligentsia during the Russian revolution thought that because they supported the Bolsheviks, they would be protected. They didn't realize that Stalin knew that if they could overthrow the czar, they could overthrow him. So he murdered millions of them to protect his power. Shot a bunch, and sent the rest to the gulags.

They think they will be protected because they read no history, and they know nothing.
Correct and that is the point. They have NOT been taught critical thinking skills and been indoctrinated into the anti-American Leftist mentality. They suck up whatever the Left tells them as long as they can keep their social media platforms and keep getting likes. I just watched a poll on FOX where youts said they would give up their right to vote if they had to decide between voting and social media. We are screwed.

I won't be renewing, they keep censoring my comments. I can't post "Dementia Joe", Trump Derangement Syndrome, Liawatha, etc. When I email them and ask what the prohibited words are they decline to answer citing the excuse that if the publish the no, no's posters will find work arounds.

Just on the page opposite to this op-ed piece there was a letter using the term Trump Derangement Syndrome.
It's probably because your letter was not compelling enough to print.

I thinks it’s the binary Gun Owners vs Gun Nuts thing that bothers me. Hunting and School Shootings leaves a lot of ground in between to disagree about. "Stigmatizing infantile attitudes towards firearms" has little concrete meaning in a polarized nation. Labeling Conservatives as Bitter Clingers, MAGA Semi-Fascists & Deplorables didn’t catch on in much of the country. It’s far too late to expect any stigmatization of reasons for owning guns to rise above the lack of civility and respect in today’s politics.

It starts from the top. Biden mocks firearms as a check on a tyrannical governments by saying you would need an F-15 to take on government. Maybe so, but you don’t get an F-15 if government has disarmed the population.

Again. Still. We do not need "assault weapons" to take on a tyrannical government's armed forces (and he's got a lot of balls thinking American armed forces would obey illegal orders and fire on civilians).

Rather, civilians' weapons would be use to take out the tyrannical and corrupt politicians and their families, and enablers in the media and high tech. small arms would be perfect for the tasks at hand.

I didn't read the whole thread, but David Yamane has been covering this for years as a college professor of sociology.

He was not a gun guy, but started studying gun culture as an academic exercise. He's turned into a gun guy, and has helped many non-gun people from the left grow comfortable with guns and has helped teach them how to shoot.

Naturally, when he suggests avoiding "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out!" rhetoric, he gets called an anti-gunner.

He got that wrong.
It's buy guns first. Ask questions later.

America is at 430,000,000 guns. We need to make that 500 million by 2025.

Again. Still. We do not need "assault weapons" to take on a tyrannical government's armed forces (and he's got a lot of balls thinking American armed forces would obey illegal orders and fire on civilians).

Rather, civilians' weapons would be use to take out the tyrannical and corrupt politicians and their families, and enablers in the media and high tech. small arms would be perfect for the tasks at hand.
The only thing you need is your next breath. Everything else is discretionary.

I don’t think “gun nut” is an insult at all. You guys know who you are and it’s totally cool. I’m in the former group. I like guns and aside from the practical part of ownership, I just think they are cool and enjoy shooting.

Having said that, there is no way I would support any form of gun control. “Common sense” left the conversation years ago and I wish they would stop using that term.
what's wrong with tougher background checks?

What's wrong with the existing NICS check which "tougher" would fix?

If we're going to do stricter vetting before citizens exercise constitutional rights, we can start with background checking voter registration, including universal ERIC for all 50 states.

Are you serious? What else are they going to check? The check they do now shows I have no criminal record and am not prohibited from owning a gun for any reason. Are they going to start knocking on my neighbors doors and ask what they think? Call my middle school teachers? Seriously, have you actually thought this through?

What's wrong with the existing NICS check which "tougher" would fix?

If we're going to do stricter vetting before citizens exercise constitutional rights, we can start with background checking voter registration, including universal ERIC for all 50 states.
Read and learn.

Are you serious? What else are they going to check? The check they do now shows I have no criminal record and am not prohibited from owning a gun for any reason. Are they going to start knocking on my neighbors doors and ask what they think? Call my middle school teachers? Seriously, have you actually thought this through?
Read and learn, son:

Yamane is one of the few academic authors that ever replied to an email I sent wrt a journal publication, as he’s felt the anti-gun bias in trying to publish anything but anti-gun papers. Walking that line between being a firearms-related academic that’s not decidedly anti-gun and being a known as a pro-gun researcher is tricky - it can’t last a career out. Joyce Malcom (Guns and Violence: The English Experience) stepped back into other academic pursuits after getting trashed by anti-gunners during Heller; John Lott branched out into pro-GOP topics in the post-Trump years.

Everyone says we need more education on SYG, Castle and self-defense laws in general. That’s the caveat emptor that goes with Constitutional Carry. We also hear police need more education on Red Flag laws in some states but that’s all about political incentives and funding - if use of Red Flags is rewarded, there will be more of them, like parking/speeding tickets.

As long as Red Flags are only about seizing guns w/o any legal or mental health support, it only costs $Millions annually to administer. Funny that, although some say shootings cost $Billions annually, states can’t come up with $Millions to afford implementation of Red Flag programs where the laws have passed. That’s where last year’s Bipartisan Safer Communities Act was supposed to have an impact - dunno if it’s borked or just lagging in implementation.

See ya cuck!

That was quick, but predictable!

Back
Top Bottom