Gun Owners vs. Gun Nuts

MaverickNH

NES Member

“Law-abiding gun enthusiasts, dealers and law enforcement would support a well-targeted campaign that could stigmatize gun ownership as a form of compensation for personal inadequacy or totem of deranged identity politics. Reframe an exhibitionist identification with guns unmistakably as an admission of personal weakness, overcompensation, the need for therapy…

Ruthlessly, don’t let a gun-awareness campaign become a vehicle for standard liberal tropes and narratives. Leave out the alleged connections to white supremacy, leave out the general disdain for rural Americans, people who didn’t go to college, Trump voters, gender traditionalists, religious believers. Anything else would defeat the point and tragically miss an opportunity to do some good by drawing a line between responsible and irresponsible gun cultures. Do I have confidence in our governing elites? Could the Biden administration consummate this easy layup without succumbing to the partisan opportunists that Mr. Biden has surrendered so much of his agenda to?

Answer: No. Next idea?

I don’t think “gun nut” is an insult at all. You guys know who you are and it’s totally cool. I’m in the former group. I like guns and aside from the practical part of ownership, I just think they are cool and enjoy shooting.

Having said that, there is no way I would support any form of gun control. “Common sense” left the conversation years ago and I wish they would stop using that term.

“Law-abiding gun enthusiasts, dealers and law enforcement would support a well-targeted campaign that could stigmatize gun ownership as a form of compensation for personal inadequacy or totem of deranged identity politics. Reframe an exhibitionist identification with guns unmistakably as an admission of personal weakness, overcompensation, the need for therapy…

Ruthlessly, don’t let a gun-awareness campaign become a vehicle for standard liberal tropes and narratives. Leave out the alleged connections to white supremacy, leave out the general disdain for rural Americans, people who didn’t go to college, Trump voters, gender traditionalists, religious believers. Anything else would defeat the point and tragically miss an opportunity to do some good by drawing a line between responsible and irresponsible gun cultures. Do I have confidence in our governing elites? Could the Biden administration consummate this easy layup without succumbing to the partisan opportunists that Mr. Biden has surrendered so much of his agenda to?

Wow. WSJ supporting gun control and no comments allowed.

Looks like the kids control Murdock’s business.

Last edited:
Wtf is a "gun nut"? 🤣

Out of all the major mass shooters the only one that was a long term gun owner was paddock. The rest of them are all like two year or less types with a handful of stuff they bought. So i have no idea wtf the author is talking about. If anything, longterm hardcore collectors/enthusiasts are not likely to be perpetrators of that stuff. Probably some retard that spent too much time huffing his own farts.

the gun ownership is a sign of the progressing mental illness that is a red flag issue and is the prohibiting factor to allow gun ownership.

we are deep in the thoughtcrime witchhunt territory now, and even to mention gun ownership now is a thoughtcrime. so, it figures.

WTF did I just read?

Did a drunk write this?

what is so new about this?
they just trying get more fudds to agree to gun control by appealing to their fuddness

This was my response in the op/ed letters: (not that more than a handful of people read the op/ed section, let alone the letters)

1. More people die from stabbings than all rifles combined, let alone ARs and such.
  2. Democrats create crime centers with their permissive attitude towards serious and violent crimes.
  3. These teenagers who exhibit bizarre and harmful behavior, some where the police are repeatedly involved, need to be in the NICS system for no go on buying guns.
  4. We need to build mental institutions that protect both society and the individual.
  5. Mass shooters need to be charged not only with murder, but treason as well, and executed.
  6. Shooting sports should be promoted on the national level, like Switzerland, who incidentally has virtually no crime. I have cousins there with real assault rifles in their homes.
  7. Gun safety should be taught in every school, and gun owners should be educated about keeping guns safe from kids and burglars, who then circulate guns among criminals.

Holman W. Jenkins said:
This means holding up responsible gun ownership and responsible gun handling as virtues, qualities to be admired and emulated by aspiring gun fans. …
Do I have confidence in our governing elites? ...
So Holman W. Jenkins, Jr. outlines a potentially effective campaign, then admits the progressives can't resist the urge to insult people who are "below" them much less "stiggin' it" to the MAGA crowd and so will ultimately self-sabotage.

The WSJ ain't what it used to be. I was a subscriber for years. I no longer am.
I do miss the crossword puzzles, but I don't miss their editorial shift to the left.
I won't be renewing, they keep censoring my comments. I can't post "Dementia Joe", Trump Derangement Syndrome, Liawatha, etc. When I email them and ask what the prohibited words are they decline to answer citing the excuse that if the publish the no, no's posters will find work arounds.

I won't be renewing, they keep censoring my comments. I can't post "Dementia Joe", Trump Derangement Syndrome, Liawatha, etc. When I email them and ask what the prohibited words are they decline to answer citing the excuse that if the publish the no, no's posters will find work arounds.
I don't understand why they even let people comment at all then. Like those are pretty benign.

I don't understand why they even let people comment at all then. Like those are pretty benign.
Sure are, I've had it out with their censors and customer service employees' numerous times and just get the run around.
They're as bad as the Globe as far as censoring comments the Leftists might find offensive.
"Liveshot Kerry" is a no no, "Joey Cones", "Corrupt Hillary", typing someone has "Trump Derangement Syndrome", "Cackling Kamela", etc.
Totally ridiculous and gutless.

It's not the comment ideas that are a problem. It's actual words. So filter out any words that might be problematic, and use snowflake words to communicate your non-snowflake ideas.
Like calling someone a moron there will get filtered, but calling someone an unenlightened individual will pass.

1da780341cd9a463191e903d974cef9f.jpg

This was my response in the op/ed letters: (not that more than a handful of people read the op/ed section, let alone the letters)

1. More people die from stabbings than all rifles combined, let alone ARs and such.
  2. Democrats create crime centers with their permissive attitude towards serious and violent crimes.
  3. These teenagers who exhibit bizarre and harmful behavior, some where the police are repeatedly involved, need to be in the NICS system for no go on buying guns.
  4. We need to build mental institutions that protect both society and the individual.
  5. Mass shooters need to be charged not only with murder, but treason as well, and executed.
  6. Shooting sports should be promoted on the national level, like Switzerland, who incidentally has virtually no crime. I have cousins there with real assault rifles in their homes.
  7. Gun safety should be taught in every school, and gun owners should be educated about keeping guns safe from kids and burglars, who then circulate guns among criminals.

Number 5 really isn’t a deterrent. If they go as far as engaging a mass shooting event they have to know they are going to most likely be mowed down in a hail of bullets.

Back
Top Bottom