Gun owner problems...

how about "where did I put [insert gun]?"

Anyone else have that problem?

Close: I was headed to the range the other day, and spotted the SR22 at the bottom of the cabinet. Kinda forgot I owned it [thinking]...took it along to make up for it. Man I love that gun.

So she can store the rest of the guns that are overflowing your safe??? I hear she is not getting any more!

I don't know. I heard she kinda likes the new Yankee Hill billet lower.

Yeah, she said that like four guns ago. I think that was less than a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave up on safes and just put a dead bolt on a room. If you can get by me, my wife and two American Bulldogs, you are welcome to the contents.

At what point do you just build a safe room instead of doing something like that? That's borderline silly.
More wishful thinking, we are SO far away from needing that space. But a boy can dream:)

I gave up on safes and just put a dead bolt on a room. If you can get by me, my wife and two American Bulldogs, you are welcome to the contents.
Hmmm... I like the way you think:)

i'd love a safe-room but our house is a little too small for that, so we gotta make do.
eventually i'd like to have a nicely set up gun room with our poker table, kegerator and humidor... but that's wayyyy in the future

I bought my first 24 gun safe in May of last year and I now need a bigger safe. The hard part is explaining to my wife why I need a bigger safe for 3 handguns. She is not buying the fact that I need seperate safes for guns and ammos. [smile]

Wait till you have no more room for safes and have to build a Gun Room. [smile]

Wait till you build a Gun room, fill it, then have to build a gun room in a second home. Of course, it would be good to be able to find some f***ing ammo to shoot them once in a while....

I stack my guns and ammo like cordwood in my basement because I am a free man. I stopped using safes and ammo cans the day I moved to NH. Sometimes the cat is playing with loose ammo in the basement. Oh well.

I also don't ask the Government permission to build something, and than claim I'm a free man either.

My Free Hampshire guns are only locked because I cannot yet spend enough time with them.

I bought my first 24 gun safe in May of last year and I now need a bigger safe. The hard part is explaining to my wife why I need a bigger safe for 3 handguns. She is not buying the fact that I need seperate safes for guns and ammos. [smile]

Never, ever give her the combos to those safes unless you have retained counsel.

This doesn't even include our EDCs or the 3 "curiosity" guns I leave the the shop... I think that jumbo safe may be in the future.
Is it weird that I wanna put a bed, mini fridge, and xbox in there too? Like a man cave (or den, I'm current), but better, and for me. A safe room, but a safe. A safe safe?
You don't have a sister, or two maybe?

well, it's official. today me and the BF are cleaning the house for a party and in preparation we tried to put away all of our firearms.
we've just discovered that our safe will not fit all of our guns.

Yikes. Thanks for the reminder. For the wedding I should probably do that so the GFWs* (like my mother and sister, for starters) on the invite list don't get offended by the sight of the guns on my desk or the vz-58 leaning up against my book case.

Oh, wait... the gun cabinet in the living room might be a problem. As will the matching .45's on the hips of the bride and groom, the Colt SA on the maid of honor's hip and the Remington-Rand on the best man's hip. (open carry wedding)

Um. Never mind.

* Gun Fearing Wussies
His and hers matching safes? It's a hard life.
Ours don't exactly match... but we each brought a gun safe to the relationship.

I just picked up a 2nd safe because i couldnt put any AR's in the 1st one , it's filled with pistols and Ammo. I made all of the shelves except the very top 1. Plywood, wool carpet and spray glue. Pic is from last september.

Nice job on the shelves... but why is it so jammed with ammo?

I started to convert all my ammo cans (like 16 of them) to this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Ammo-can-lock/ and then I moved to VT. Anyone want a bunch of 5/16" bolts with holes drilled in them and a bunch of keyed-alike locks? I don't need 'em any more. Although the locks come in handy for range bags when I'm in MA.

Tiny, you guys never go out or take the dogs for a walk (or a road trip)?

Never, ever give her the combos to those safes unless you have retained counsel.

Too late, Jay - the safe with the key is mine. Hers is the combination locked safe! And our guns are all living together, anyway - "Lever actions and ARs, living together!" to paraphrase Dr. Peter Venkman.

I'm almost full on my first safe.....one more gun and I'll need a bigger one.......have offers from a friend to buy my current one for what I paid for it.......he's cheering me on for the next purchase!

I bought a cheapo Stack-On 8 Gun on black Friday this past thanksgiving. It now has 10 long guns in it and there's still a spillover of 2 under my bed with trigger locks.

I'm looking into the Heritage line now for a nice basement keeper.

I'm almost full on my first safe.....one more gun and I'll need a bigger one.......have offers from a friend to buy my current one for what I paid for it.......he's cheering me on for the next purchase!

Wait...I resemble that!

I stack my guns and ammo like cordwood in my basement because I am a free man. I stopped using safes and ammo cans the day I moved to NH. .

Most people I know who have gun safes use them as a theft prevention device, not to comply with any BS laws which may or may not exist.

-Mike

Most people I know who have gun safes use them as a theft prevention device

yeah, thats the idea here usually, as our street was hit a few times in the last 5 years, usually just dumb kids stealing tools and propane tanks, but i don't love the idea of being the person responsible for arming them if they decide to bust into the house instead of just the shed.

also it keeps them out of the way cause my cats are dumb and will climb on anything... in the unlikely event that we decide to sell any of our stuff i think claw marks might lessen the value just a smidge. so a centralized storage area where they wont get dirty, dusty, or filled with spiders, plus a good place to lock them away from friends that have not been converted, or drunk party folks, or curious little hands. we have no kids but some of our friends are breeders, so they will probably bring those things over here at some point.

yeah, thats the idea here usually, as our street was hit a few times in the last 5 years, usually just dumb kids stealing tools and propane tanks, but i don't love the idea of being the person responsible for arming them if they decide to bust into the house instead of just the shed.

also it keeps them out of the way cause my cats are dumb and will climb on anything... in the unlikely event that we decide to sell any of our stuff i think claw marks might lessen the value just a smidge. so a centralized storage area where they wont get dirty, dusty, or filled with spiders, plus a good place to lock them away from friends that have not been converted, or drunk party folks, or curious little hands. we have no kids but some of our friends are breeders, so they will probably bring those things over here at some point.

Not to turn this into a cat thread, but I always treat an open safe as it is loaded (with cats). Mine like to get into it every time it opens. Normally I can hear them knocking over my carefully stacked items, but I always get a visual before closing it. How they can squeeze in there I'll never know [smile].

Back
Top Bottom