• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun nut in fatigues films himself walking into Walmart carrying an assault rifle

Some rights a strengthened if exercised; others lost or weakened.

Do you not understand if nobody ever exercised a right it’s the same thing as not having it?

Don’t exercise your right or someone might try and violate it!

That’s an utterly preposterous position to take. I can’t believe anyone actually thinks that’s a viable position.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the "off-duty firefighter" could be legitimally charged with kidnapping for detaining the man at gunpoint until police arrived. A firefighter is a peace officer and from what I understand, you can't make a citizen's arrest unless you personally witness a felony take place. I can't detain someone based on speculation.

Thank You, Think of this, this incident is most likely a misdemeanor, The firefighter used the threat of deadly force to effect an arrest. You can use the word detained if you want, But what would that firefighter have done if the kid kept walking away?
I know that in Mass. and New Hampshire a citizen can only make an arrest for a felony, that is committed in their presence.

Two images of men doing their jobs... and good on them for getting it done. Hardly the "point" however.
You can walk between a sow and her cubs. Most wouldn't out of common sense. However it is your right to do so.
If you decide to exercise that right, you may want to take a couple band aids with you.

Right. Because I’m sure if not for that open carry would be perfectly legal in CA. [rolleyes]
It was legal with long guns (not sure if they had to be unloaded) until the protesters exercised their right and corrective legislation was promptly passed. Open carry of unloaded handguns was recently banned in CA since because people actually did it.

It was legal with long guns (not sure if they had to be unloaded) until the protesters exercised their right and corrective legislation was promptly passed. Open carry of unloaded handguns was recently banned in CA since because people actually did it.

So it was legal so long as you didn't do it. Sounds pretty pointless.

So it was legal so long as you didn't do it. Sounds pretty pointless.

*Extremely
pointless.

wo images of men doing their jobs... and good on them for getting it done. Hardly the "point" however.

It was the point. It’s not saying much when someone who dresses up all “tacticool” while open carrying tells others they shouldn’t do the same.

Last edited:
Simply carrying a slung rifle would not seem meet the statutory requirements of the charge, especially since there are laws SPECIFICALLY about unlawful use of weapons, in which the requirement is that he exhibits it in an angry or threatening manner.
True enough, but he wasn't just carrying.
1. Carrying
2. Dressed in a manner intended to draw attention (intent is pretty obvious since he was recording reactions).
3. Doing so at a place/time that would remind people of resent shootings.
4. Recording the event/reactions
He wasn't just out shopping, this was a deliberate attempt to get a reaction, and it worked.
All they need to do now is find ten people who will testify that they were afraid, and BINGO they have a conviction.

And the question isn't does he have a right to OC, it's how much damage did he do with his poor judgement in thinking this was a good time and place.

I don't dress in camo with an AR in front of Stop&Shop and rant about 2a, not because of a law, but because I'm aware that it would have an overall negative affect. Simply put it would be counterproductive.

Its my opinion only.

These are not all random acts. There is a concerted effort to get rid of 2A.

I strongly believe that this is orchestrated by a group of people enabling and funding the efforts.

If they were trying to influence our Governor...... THEY FAILED [smile]

Sucks his life will be ruined cause of a law that was fine till people started shooting up shopping stores, with that said law didn't change just how law enforcement now see it in the this new view.

His life is ruined because of his poor judgement, if it hadn't been this it likely would have been something else, you can't fix stupid.

If you looked at the picture of him, he was not in "Fatigues". Second I am not going to discuss about his judgement, but Missouri is a "Constitutional Carry State". As to the letter of the law, he violated no law. At best they could charge him with "Disturbing the Peace".
Well Disturbing the Peace is a law, so even by your standards he did violate the law...
And I think they have a pretty good shot at the terrorism thing, at least the way they define it. Don't confuse thinking a law was broken with supporting what a law says, the whole 10 or more seams a bit subjective.

OK not the smartest thing to do, and he did not help our cause, but exactly what law did he break?

If "is this illegal" is the only litmus test you give things that are obviously retarded than you're missing the point.

Do you need the .gov to tell you what you can and cant do? Or do you have a brain that has enough power to use discretion?

Is OC a bad thing? No. Is OC'ing at the same store that was shot up by for all intents and purposes the same gun (to a lay person) with your airsoft gear on not even a week after the shit hit the fan? Well, yeah thats bad. It's not illegal. But it doesn't have to be illegal for you to be a shit lord.

A simple "does this make me an asset to my community?" inner monologue should of steered anyone taking their lithium daily in the right direction.

Shit, I could go out right now say things that are 100% legal and lose my job, my standing in my community and the trust my family has for me. All legal! NES must be ok with it because it's not illegal! Hur durrrrrrrrrrrrrr1111111111111

You morons want to ruin OC? Support shit like this. Support the most retarded person in the state of MO and watch how fast anyone not on the extreme hard core end of 2A support bails on you. Jesus Christ people.

You morons want to ruin OC? Support shit like this. Support the most retarded person in the state of MO and watch how fast anyone not on the extreme hard core end of 2A support bails on you. Jesus Christ people.

I do not support what he did, I think it was beyond stupid, and if this goes the way I think it is going to go, it will be the 3rd part of the formula to reinstate a 1994 AWB or worse nation wide.

I can't think of one time that I have ever open carried, I am of the school of the one who is displaying a weapon openly is going to be the first one shot.

They are charging him as a terrorist.... I think that is a bit of a stretch, there was no intent, nothing was said, no manifesto was published.

Stupidity to the N th degree ... yes..... do I think a jury is going to convict him on terrorist threat charges.... I hope not... but he may be outmatched legally and have to plead to lesser charges to save his ass unless he gets top shelf representation. The anti's are having wet dreams over the possibility of hanging this kid out to dry as part of weakening the 2A nationwide.

The damage this guy did to 2A makes George Zimmerman look like Tesla

I have a hard time believing in the span of 2 weeks we're having all this bs happen organically. The latest is a dude shows up in front of some immigration facility with a pic of Trump on his pick up truck while carrying a knife and a gun. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that leftist shitbags are playacting saturday morning cartoon versions of what they feel a right winger is and going out to try and sway public opinion against us?

I have a hard time believing in the span of 2 weeks we're having all this bs happen organically. The latest is a dude shows up in front of some immigration facility with a pic of Trump on his pick up truck while carrying a knife and a gun. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that leftist shitbags are playacting saturday morning cartoon versions of what they feel a right winger is and going out to try and sway public opinion against us?

Or is it a possibility people are getting tired of leftists policing how people are allowed to express political dissent? A Trump supporter who wants illegals kicked out and is very opinionated shocks you? A guy who OCs a rifle in public in protest is new? You can hate it or love it but the antis are going to try and disarm everyone regardless. To assume otherwise implies we did something wrong to cause anti gun policy to become a thing and we must repent to keep our guns. Nonsense. I hope this kid gets a good GoFundMe check for his legal fees even if he was being dumb.

Or is it a possibility people are getting tired of leftists policing how people are allowed to express political dissent? A Trump supporter who wants illegals kicked out and is very opinionated shocks you? A guy who OCs a rifle in public in protest is new? You can hate it or love it but the antis are going to try and disarm everyone regardless. To assume otherwise implies we did something wrong to cause anti gun policy to become a thing and we must repent to keep our guns. Nonsense. I hope this kid gets a good GoFundMe check for his legal fees even if he was being dumb.
It stinks like shit to me. Its like me buying a prius, covering it with coexist stickers, putting on some skinny jeans and some hipster tshirt and a pair of dumb looking glasses with the lenses missing and pulling some stunt to get the world to look at me. Alt media would eat it up and say look at the crazy lib.

If we want to talk about the smartest thing for our 2A CCW national reciprocity cause would have been an average joe CCW ,near the front of the store, who actually killed this guy, and then the newspaper headline would read "ccw man stops next mass shooting at walmart from killer dressed in body armor and ar15"

I don't support what he did as a good idea, but I support even less the idea he can be arrested for it.

So if you're asking me to pick between a guy with poor judgement who caused no harm and the government having the ability to arrest people for carrying guns. Well, I pick the guy both everytime in the argument, and when bullets start flying.

I don't support what he did as a good idea, but I support even less the idea he can be arrested for it.

So if you're asking me to pick between a guy with poor judgement who caused no harm and the government having the ability to arrest people for carrying guns. Well, I pick the guy both everytime in the argument, and when bullets start flying.
You and I are in the minority in this thread.

You and I are in the minority in this thread.

Hey, I never said he should be arrested. And since he was I definitely do not think he should be charged with terrorism (whatever that means, I have no clue anymore).

A case could easily be made that he disturbed the peace. And he undoubtedly did so intentionally. So I could completely understand a charge like that sticking.

There are way to many loud mouthed try hards who open carry rifles for the sole reason of getting negative attention for reasons. While not illegal, it is problematic because it makes people in the middle lose support for carrying. And it's very easy to understand why. Not to long ago here on NES (well, before you were a member, so long ago I guess) there was an unnamed try hard to who was doing some sort of open carry militia protest out west. NES was split on it. The guy was clearly a mall ninja out the ass, wasnt particularly well spoken and they were completely undermining and sort of progress to be made. He was involved in a deadly shooting and a murder shortly after. Not exactly the calibre of person anyone should stand behind right or wrong. More like avoid at all costs - is liability. Just like this moron.

Hey, thanks for your protest you idiot. Made quite the impression and definitely poured some gas on the anti 2A fire while pretending to support it. Another person on to much medication.

Back
Top Bottom