• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"GUN MANUFACTURER WITHDRAWS LYNN PROPOSAL"

Yes, some (at least one) of the esteemed Mill dealers are planning ahead for business life in other desirable locations . . .

From The Lynn Item:

LYNN — Littleton gun dealer Cory Daigle withdrew his petition to open a gun shop and manufacturing facility in Lynn due to “local opposition.”

On Friday morning Daigle, a Federal Firearm Licensee (FFL) who owns Littleton gun shop Steelworks Defense Solutions, withdrew his petition to open a gun sale and manufacturing facility at 210-218 Blossom St through an email sent to various City Hall employees.

“(I am) requesting to pull back (a) variance request based on local opposition and pushback/hostility from local people,” Daigle wrote.

Daigle was going to present his request for variance to the Zoning Board of Appeals Tuesday, Feb. 21, but was hit with opposition from local officials due to the type of business he proposed and the fact that he currently faces federal firearm charges.

The FFL holder faces federal charges for possessing a machine gun and for allegedly knowingly selling firearms to a “straw buyer” who purchased Glock handguns for an underage individual.

The guns were found after the underage man, 20-year-old Gustavo Rodriguez, was involved in a Hyde Park shooting in November 2022 that injured three people. A federal investigation led to Daigle’s arrest for conspiracy to make false statements with respect to the acquisition of a firearm and possession of a machine gun on Jan. 19.

Daigle allegedly sold the guns to 21-year-old Shakim Grant of Boston knowing that they were intended for someone else, U.S. Attorney Rachael Rollins said.

In an interview Friday afternoon, Daigle denied having any suspicion that Grant would give the firearms to an underage individual. He said that Grant had a license to carry a firearm, filled out paperwork dictating that the gun was for him, and passed a background check.

“At the end of the day, I did a legal transfer for a legal person who legally passed his background check, and he chose to do the wrong thing,” Daigle said.

A variety of community leaders and city government officials objected to Daigle’s petition. City Councilor and Stop the Violence Lynn founder Fred Hogan wrote a letter of objection to the Zoning Board and planned to speak in opposition at the meeting Tuesday.

Additionally, Mayor Jared Nicholson said Tuesday that the proposal did not align with Lynn’s vision for growth.

“The City of Lynn needs growth, but we need growth that is in line with our values,” Nicholson said. “This proposal does not fit that criteria and does not belong in our community.”

Executive Director of the city’s Economic Development and Industrial Corporation Jim Cowdell also wrote a letter of opposition, arguing that Daigle’s charges brought his character into question.

“With the recent arrest of the petitioner, we are opposed, as this brings the character into question,” Cowdell said Tuesday. “To sell guns, there can not be any issues surrounding the integrity of the person selling these weapons. Until these charges are cleared up, I don’t see how the city could ever consider granting the request.”

Daigle chalked the city’s opposition up to the fact that he applied for a variance to manufacture guns. He said that the city was prepared to issue him a retail license until he brought up manufacturing.

“I started this in January or late December and they said ‘You have to pay us our licensing fee to see what you currently have for zoning’” Daigle said. “I did that and they came back and said ‘Okay, you’re on the waterfront, and we’ll approve you for a retail location.’”

Zoning Board members could not be reached immediately to confirm or deny Daigle’s comments. However, the lot’s property manager, Ed Schatz, said that Daigle was deceptive about his intentions with the unit.

Schatz said that Daigle presented himself as a firearm repair man who, as a hobby, liked working with gun parts.

“We were misled by a longshot on what this person was planning to do there,” Schatz said. “He gave us the impression that he was dismantling firearms as a hobby. He didn’t say anything about selling them.”

Daigle commented that he does not want to create any problems in the community.

“I will gladly quietly move on,” Daigle said. “I’m not going to make an issue of it. I’m not going to start problems. I don’t want to start problems. I want to just do what I was doing as a legal person.”

Hogan said that he was pleased to hear about Daigle’s petition withdrawal. He said neither he nor his constituents wanted a gun shop in Ward 6, which he represents.

“Ward 6 was 100 percent against this,” Hogan said. “A lot of my constituents reached out to me. They didn’t want it in their ward, and, as a ward councilor, I didn’t want that either. It’s a win for the City of Lynn and a win for Ward 6.”

Last edited by a moderator:
“He gave us the impression that he was dismantling firearms as a hobby. He didn’t say anything about selling them.” f***ing idiots.

"Ward 6 was 100 percent against this,” Hogan said. " Oh, he must have surveyed 100% of the ward then . . .oh, ok.

Oh, ok.

Last edited:
Wait, there are two Cory Daigle's? One that made the news recently and another that wants to open a shop in Lynn?
No it’s the same person. This was already discussed in the other mill thread

The Lynn article was in this post

That's almost funny. He withdrew it because of "local opposition". I guess it had nothing to do with facing all those gun charges. I'm sue it would look great when it's brought up in court, or the court case is brought up in Lynn [rofl]

That's almost funny. He withdrew it because of "local opposition". I guess it had nothing to do with facing all those gun charges. I'm sue it would look great when it's brought up in court, or the court case is brought up in Lynn [rofl]

He has a quote in the above article and a quote in prior news about him that both start, "At the end of the day....", but diverge wildly as to what happens at "the end of the day". He's going to regret his prior statement when this all unfolds. I'm betting this is the difference of before and after having an attorney.

Someone needs to open a gun shop in Boston,Call it like Trans-Arms.
It would be so interesting to see how this would go down.

Attachments

• il_794xN.1546617309_3bam (2).jpg
    il_794xN.1546617309_3bam (2).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 15
Someone needs to open a gun shop in Boston,Call it like Trans-Arms.
It would be so interesting to see how this would go down.
Right , like you cant find a person of color trans bi self identifying latino asian to be owners FFL operations.
I could only imagine that court case.

Right , like you cant find a person of color trans bi self identifying latino asian to be owners FFL operations.

I've seen how this operates - I myself now identify as a POC, Bi, Latino, Asian.

I can haz beacon hill gun store now?

There seem to be plenty of towns that would be open to this type of arrangement. Taunton. I think you'd have an easy time in Taunton. Tough to say you're anti-gun when the Mayor's daughter is a star on the West Point shooting team. There's a nasty old mill in the Weir that could work. Of course, a hell of a commute for you Littletonians.

But there has to be some greener than green towns out there besides Taunton.

"that's different"
i believe there have been a few ge employees that have made it on to the city council in lynn, one made it as far as state rep....
That would by Tommy McGee, the elder. The city council then state rep part. I don’t think GE though.

Last edited:
Yes there are a few nice areas but overall Lynn is a shithole dump, and these ass hats are talking about values? Lol OK

All the MDCs around Boston are going 110% sodosopa gentrification mode. Even places like Chelsea are getting SoDoSoPa grade condos etc installed now. Wouldn't surprise me if Lynn is next but it's probably going to be slower as Lynn is one of those "more inaccessible" dump cities like Salem is.

When I worked for the city I'd often joke that city hall considered the perfect candidate for a job as a "Half black, half Hispanic, Left handed Lesbian in a wheel chair."

As it has turned out, I was pretty close.

Did the Item make the correction or did the mods correct it?

Not for nothing, whomever wrote the article should never write for a legitimate publication ever again. It would have taken but several moments to confirm which operation at the Mill that he was associated with. I am just curious if NES is running cover for him (or her, or it) so as to not have the other legitimate operation suffer undue harm due to laziness on behalf of the "reporter"

I'm also, almost certain that the withdrawal was related to the fact he'll be residing in a 10x10 for a few years, more than a concern for the viewpoints of Lowell's upstanding citizens.

Did the Item make the correction or did the mods correct it?

Not for nothing, whomever wrote the article should never write for a legitimate publication ever again. It would have taken but several moments to confirm which operation at the Mill that he was associated with. I am just curious if NES is running cover for him (or her, or it) so as to not have the other legitimate operation suffer undue harm due to laziness on behalf of the "reporter"
Admin was kind enough to do the correction.

Back
Top Bottom