• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun lubes

Status
Not open for further replies.
paging eddie coyle, id love to hear your thoughts on the frog lube here, and how it translates to your aforementioned criticisms of the product. no sarcasm, honestly would love to hear what yoiu have to say.

Unbelievable....................can't believe anyone would go to this extent. Most appreciated though.

Last edited:
Awesome test. So what are the Nay Sayers gonna say now??

Frog lube is the Champion no question about it.

Anyone who still sticks with their "old reliable" is in outright denial.

I really do think this is a viral marketing attempt by Frog Lube. I wouldn't put anything past those carnies.

So how does the froglube sponsorship program work exactly?

Do you get like $1 for every post on an online forum giving froglube a positive review?
Is it based on the post views or reply?

They pay a bonus if you concoct an elaborate ritual involving hair dryers and working it into the "pores of the steel."

Last edited:
I'm gonna call bull shit on this.

The fact I had to spray more then one gun with wd40 to get it to run at a shoot cause of failures caused by frog lube.

It's fine when you first put it on . But after it's on for some time it becomes thick. Or if it's really cold out.

Stopped my 1911 from fully locking up in the winter I had to whack the slide home a bunch of times . After 2-3 mags when it warned up it ran.

Xds45 didn't shoot the gun for a few months and the gun had to warm up.

Ar-15 car shoot when it rained really bad bolt wasn't closing and when it did some if the lube on the firing pin was causing light strikes.

My only experience with Frog Lube is second hand. One of the members of my bulls eye team had lubed a Ruger MKIII with it and had it in storage in his safe for about two years. The gun did not rust, but it was gummed up so bad it would not cycle correctly and had to be stripped and cleaned.

I'm gonna call bull shit on this.

The fact I had to spray more then one gun with wd40 to get it to run at a shoot cause of failures caused by frog lube.

It's fine when you first put it on . But after it's on for some time it becomes thick. Or if it's really cold out.

Stopped my 1911 from fully locking up in the winter I had to whack the slide home a bunch of times . After 2-3 mags when it warned up it ran.

Xds45 didn't shoot the gun for a few months and the gun had to warm up.

Ar-15 car shoot when it rained really bad bolt wasn't closing and when it did some if the lube on the firing pin was causing light strikes.

My only experience with Frog Lube is second hand. One of the members of my bulls eye team had lubed a Ruger MKIII with it and had it in storage in his safe for about two years. The gun did not rust, but it was gummed up so bad it would not cycle correctly and had to be stripped and cleaned.

Seriously Not to insult, i have to believe either it wasn't applied correctly, or applied excessively, my guess is excessively. Once you make the first application, you need no more, not even a drop, heat the part let it cool and dry and wipe... That's it. Do not apply it like Mobil 1 or some other oil, do not bathe the parts in it and slam the rifle/pistol back together with dripping parts. Your head tells u to keep the parts wet, but Frog lube works best dry, the first application applies an invisible coating. It's great stuff as the test shows, Ive never had gumming, EVER!

I just don't understand the denialists.

Seriously Not to insult, i have to believe either it wasn't applied correctly, or applied excessively, my guess is excessively. Once you make the first application, you need no more, not even a drop, heat the part let it cool and dry and wipe... That's it. Do not apply it like Mobil 1 or some other oil, do not bathe the parts in it and slam the rifle/pistol back together with dripping parts. Your head tells u to keep the parts wet, but Frog lube works best dry, the first application applies an invisible coating. It's great stuff as the test shows, Ive never had gumming, EVER!

I just don't understand the denialists.

Ar 15 I did the whole heat and apply bull shit . Wiped part down after went to range no problem . Got home , cleaned my gun . Used the non paste type . Wiped parts off.
Went to car shoot had 5-8 failures on the line.
Went to my table and you could tell the firing pin was sticking . Sprayed it all with wd40 and wiped clean . Ran the rest of the shoot fine after burning off the wd40. Ask Atillia , Loki and one else at that shoot .
This is a piston build that never gave me problems before or after . Only when it was cold and had frog lube.

My 1911 and xds sane deal spray some on wipe off with rag . Let the gigs sit for some time. 1911 was below zero wouldn't function till I warmed it up.
Took a break to warm my hands up and cleaned and lubed with clp . Went back out side no problem .

Xds failure to full close . Fall weather hadn't shoot the gun in two months. Cleaned and lubed with some thing else problems went away.

I use frog lube for cutting / tapping oil at this point to use it up. When it's fresh it's good. But when it gets cold or old it sticks.

Froglube truthers are worse than glock truthers,

It's simple... tests don't lie, it works..... when applied correctly. Mobile 1 belongs in a car not a gun, and apparently most of the "gun Lube" products don't belong in a gun either.

It's simple... tests don't lie, it works..... when applied correctly. Mobile 1 belongs in a car not a gun, and apparently most of the "gun Lube" products don't belong in a gun either.

Show me a test in cold weather or a gun that sat for a some time .
That's when I have had problems with it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom