• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Gun insurance companies could use any criteria they want to set premiums, except for race!"

Since the majority of this “gun violence” is suicide shouldn’t the insurance policy have to pay out if you off yourself?

That’s all gun violence really is a bunch of white people eating bullets and Black people killing each other..

Suddenly want to answer their "perhaps Rotary Club members..." with @Rob Boudrie's favorite movie quote about NRA members...
Aroo?

5r7ycd.jpg

@Rob Boudrie

Well, if they sort of base it the same way as cars you get age, the younger the more $, experience I guess that means years of and/or or training, genders in there as most women would carry a puny .22 you can pick out with a tweezer while men carry a deadly blow out a lung 9mm (I know a sexist comment), history I guess your records of how many times per year are you involved in a plugging, we can through milage in as in hours/day, probably get a price break if it's a C&R and only carried on the weekends, the type of firearm (the sleeker more streamline Roscoe costs a premium) but the work around for the above is location, location, location.

Well, if they sort of base it the same way as cars you get age, the younger the more $, experience I guess that means years of and/or or training, genders in there as most women would carry a puny .22 you can pick out with a tweezer while men carry a deadly blow out a lung 9mm (I know a sexist comment), history I guess your records of how many times per year are you involved in a plugging, we can through milage in as in hours/day, probably get a price break if it's a C&R and only carried on the weekends, the type of firearm (the sleeker more streamline Roscoe costs a premium) but the work around for the above is location, location, location.
flo-e1528741890805.jpg

Not sexist, Bidenest.

Hasn't the insurance industry as a whole already said they aren't gonna offer any such product? It's literally a losing proposition and who the f*** would want to start this up?
Once insurance is government mandated, it becomes regulated - unless the goal is not really to get people insured.

I don't know if it is still the case, but at one time insurers could not offer a subset of their products that excluded auto policies in MA. Plus, the state has the high risk pool so even the drivers with a really bad history can get insured.

I don't think "gun liability insurance" is going to work out they way the proponents think. Given what can actually be insured against, for the majority of the upper-middle-class white population it'd just be rolled into their existing homeowners/renters/umbrella insurance, maybe a ten buck hike in the annual premium.

Not sexist, Bidenest.
I know, I was going to add, "Blame FJB, not me" but I figured I didn't need to.

Well, you met an actress. [grin]
I suppose, this was in the earlier years of the "Flo" commercials when it still had a bit of fun and newness to them. I've met quite a number of well known people while in the industry, my son even more so.

Hasn't the insurance industry as a whole already said they aren't gonna offer any such product? It's literally a losing proposition and who the f*** would want to start this up?
San José passed an ordinance requiring an "Attestation of insurance coverage for accidental firearm-related death, injury, or property" back in February, but it won't be enforced until later this summer, and even CNN admits it's basically a way to extort $25/year from a subset gun owners. The San José law is especially meaningless with exemptions for "those in law enforcement, those (36 residents who actually have) concealed carry permits and those for whom the fee would be a financial burden"

CNN said:
Most homeowners already have the sort of liability insurance the new ordinance requires -- in part because banks require it of mortgage holders. … Renters may need to scramble more to be insured. Perhaps 30% to 40% of renters nationally have renters insurance. . .
San Jose's new annual "gun harm reduction" fee of roughly $25 would fund a "community-based, evidence-based programs to reduce gun violence, such as domestic violence and suicide prevention, mental health counseling, addiction treatment, and gun-safe storage and training," the mayor's office says. . .
The mayor says he wants the insurance mandate to spur insurers and policyholders to communicate about whether the policyholders have guns.
Highlighted the real agenda -- money for the mayor's cronies and a backdoor registry.

Last edited:
In my southern city almost all of the murders and shootings are black on black.

Besides the occasional trailer park scuffle murder. Which is a once yearly thing. There is a murder every two weeks in this city of Salisbury (we aren't in Massachusetts) North Carolina.. it's smaller then Worcester.

Back
Top Bottom