• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun instructor accidently shoots student

Well, assuming the guy was a certified NRA instructor, (the reporter states that the guy was teaching an NRA course but that does not mean he was an NRA instructor, but we'll take it on face value) he forgot the first cardinal rule about instructing...

NEVER HAVE LIVE AMMO IN THE TRAINING ROOM.

That sucks for all involved ... I wonder how many people he just stopped from ever pursuing this training.

millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg

what ever happened to never point at anything you're not willing to destroy... I mean, we've all had asshat students before, but that's going a bit far...

P.S. couldn't have been a glock, noone else was injured and the structure is still standing.

I don't get what everyone's problem is with this. It was a concealed weapons course. The instructor was teaching how to conceal a round in his foot.

I don't get what everyone's problem is with this. It was a concealed weapons course. The instructor was teaching how to conceal a round in his foot.

Ankle holster - just caught the trigger in that knob above the Achilles tendon.

"Orlando police say Michael Phillips was teaching the class, when his gun accidentally went off, "

See, this sort of thing drives me crazy. It makes it sound like the gun just went off on its own, because that's what guns do. They'll just be sitting there and then they get it in their head to just go off. It had nothing to do with the "instructor" ignoring the most basic firearm prinicples, its the gun's fault for just randomly firing. Its not like he willfully pointed where it shouldn't have been pointed and intentionally squeezed the trigger without clearing the weapon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom