Gun Grease

Ranger007

NES Member
Did a search and did not find anything specific. If it’s a DUP my apologies.

Gun Grease, yes this is a exhilarating subject/topic I know lol. Hoping for some assistance, thanks in advance.

SPEC308 Copper Paste Lubricant: Is this the stuff that is used exclusively in Gloks? If so where does one get his hands on it and is it really that good?

Loctite C5-A Anti-Seize Grease: Looks just like the SPEC308 and supposedly has the same exact characteristics. Is this a safe substitute if one can't find or get his hands on SPEC308?

Tetra Gun Grease: Yes/No?

Any others I should be looking at?

No offense meant, but gun grease is just grease. Try not to over think it.

Any grease applied correctly will work for the average shooter, who shoots a few rounds and then cleans it. Guns are just a few pieces of metal moving over other pieces of metal. There's no special requirements unless you're going to use them in extreme conditions.

I use teflon grease just because it's clear and doesn't stain stuff around it.

Mobile 1 synthetic grease works very well if you like to use grease in your guns. It doesn't take much, I use a cheap stiff paint brush like you see with art sets for kids to apply it. Hillbilly Slide Glide is what we call it in my family, seems a lot like Slide Glide but you can get a giant can of it for less than what you pay for a small container of Slide glide.

Mobile 1 synthetic grease works very well if you like to use grease in your guns. It doesn't take much, I use a cheap stiff paint brush like you see with art sets for kids to apply it. Hillbilly Slide Glide is what we call it in my family, seems a lot like Slide Glide but you can get a giant can of it for less than what you pay for a small container of Slide glide.

Your talking grease not oil right? I never saw they made a mobile one synthetic grease but they DO! Learn something new every day, if you pay attention..

Mobil1 grease here. Works well and always have a few tubes on hand for the grease gun.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Mobil 1 Synth... 4 out of 5 Garands ask for it by name.

Your talking grease not oil right? I never saw they made a mobile one synthetic grease but they DO! Learn something new every day, if you pay attention..

Correct, the grease. I buy it in the can instead of the tube. I will probably never go through it all. I prefer the synthetic over the regular. Put it and Brian Enos' Slide Glide side by side and you probably won't be able to tell them apart if they are the same viscosity. You can buy it any auto parts store and it looks like this:
View attachment 84881

Color is a bit off but close enough.

Last edited:
I don't use any grease. Ballistol, a little bit of oil - MAYBE and that's it.
I tried grease. And I agree with the above. Oil flows and makes cleaning easy. Grease doesn't and therefore, doesn't. Grease can get in the way of mid-use oiling. It can actually block re-applied oil from reaching its destination

I tried grease. And I agree with the above. Oil flows and makes cleaning easy. Grease doesn't and therefore, doesn't. Grease can get in the way of mid-use oiling. It can actually block re-applied oil from reaching its destination

There are cetrtain places wher eI prefer grease over oil becasue of the way grease behaves. Grooves/channel in the slide, back of the barrel (outside), barrel lug, and a couple other places. I like the fact it doesn't get slung all over everywhere, or flow elsewhere. I think the key is a light hand with the stuff, and using a brush to get it where it needs to be. It also cleans up easy with CLP. My father and uncles love it on their rifles as well.

Back
Top Bottom