• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun grabbing sweeping the nation

Right to Bear Arms? Gun grabbing sweeping the nation

Massachusetts gets an honorable mention courtesy of Alan Gottlieb

In Massachusetts, residents who had their guns taken because of restraining orders or other reasons must pay a fee to a private storage company when their legal issues are resolved, regardless of their own culpability. The fees can run in the thousands of dollars, often exceeding the value of the guns. Instead of paying the fee, they often forfeit the firearms and the company auctions them off, Gottlieb said.

For the departments that can't return the firearms even after being told to by the courts, what do they offer as evidence that they were destroyed? I assume they get used as Officer of the Month prizes.

Not much different than civil asset forfeiture. If you have something and the government wants it, they just take it. I'd like to think about the bigger picture of taking something from someone who has not committed a crime at all, whether it's a firearm or a pocket full of money. Driving with a wallet full of money, getting mad at your neighbor don't seem to be crimes in my book.

“People keep forgetting the right to keep and bear arms, the Second Amendment, is protected by the U.S. constitution, and private property is protected under the Fifth Amendment,” Kilmer said. “Government cannot take property without just compensation and due process. The great thing is that when it comes to guns, you get protection under both amendments.”

QFMFT. That guns can be confiscated because of an accusation is pure Tyranny. It is only a matter of time before the Domestic Abuse accusation gives way to the accusation of political dissent as grounds for confiscation by Agents of the State.

Back
Top Bottom