Gun-Grabbers Not Wasting Any TIme

The polls have been closed for barely12 hours, and the gun-banning brigade is already off and running.

Bill would urge ban on pellet, BB guns

New Bedford might call for statewide action

New Bedford city councilors will vote tomorrow on a measure that urges state legislators to ban pellet, BB, and replica guns, weeks after a 38-year-old man was fatally shot by police after drawing a pellet gun.

It was the BB gun's fault!!!!!

Flee.

Now.

Join me in the not-yet-a-lost-cause state of New Hampshire.

"to push for a wide-ranging ban on fake firearms"

They want the real firearms and now the fake ones so they should just include toy firarms and make it a hat trick....

Great; they want to ban toy guns. What will they ban next, making a fist and then extending your index finger and pointing your thumb up?

"The proposed bill would ban all sales of BB and pellet guns, as well as replicas of handguns and sawed-off shotguns, unless they are brightly colored"

What's to prevent a bad guy from going to the store and buying a can of Fluorescent orange spray paint or red spray paint and painting their gun to make a cop hesitate and actually beat him in a shoot out making the leo think the gun is a toy because it's brightly colored?

"The proposed bill would ban all sales of BB and pellet guns, as well as replicas of handguns and sawed-off shotguns, unless they are brightly colored"

What's to prevent a bad guy from going to the store and buying a can of Fluorescent orange spray paint or red spray paint and painting their gun to make a cop hesitate and actually beat him in a shoot out making the leo think the gun is a toy because it's brightly colored?

Hell, have you seen some of the powder coat jobs that people are doing? You can get all sorts of colors.

How much of a stretch would it then be for these freedom-fearing goons to say:

"Look, this REAL gun is so much deadlier than this fake one. It's simply common sense to ban its possession in Massachusetts."

Just one more step along the path, people.

The slippery slope is gone. It's now a Teflon precipice.

Stop that!

Logic and rational thinking are not allowed in Patrichusetts!

Now, get in line, and do as you're told!

Go ahead, call me silly.

I hate toy guns.

My kids are not allowed to have them.

Of course, the boy does have a S&W 686, S&W 617, a Walther P22, a Ruger MKIII Hunter, and a Ruger 10/22. Not to mention shooting privledges for all of Dad's other guns.

GUNS ARE NOT TOYS, AND TOYS SHOULD NOT BE GUNS

*yes that is him next to the 50 cal.

When will people learn that these quick-fix laws never work! I don't care if he drew a banana on the cop. If you draw on a cop and you get shot, to effin bad for you!

Go ahead, call me silly.

I hate toy guns.

Of course, the boy does have a S&W 686, S&W 617, a Walther P22, a Ruger MKIII Hunter, and a Ruger 10/22. Not to mention shooting privledges for all of Dad's other guns.

GUNS ARE NOT TOYS, AND TOYS SHOULD NOT BE GUNS

*yes that is him next to the 50 cal.

I share your views as well. My kids have had some cap guns.. and it bothers me when they point them at anyone. I personally don't think it's any bit abnormal to think this way.

Many years ago I found myself on a motor vehicle stop in the AM hours. As the driver reaches over and opens the glovebox to get the paperwork, all I see is a "gun".

Next thing he knows, he is looking at the muzzle end of my S&W 686. I Pretty much dragged him out of the car and found it was a toy gun. That was back in the days that they didn't paint them bright colors. I really wanted to beat the cr*p out of him with it. And yet he couldn't understand why I was upset. Guess if I put two rounds into him as he reached for it he would have been really upset.

I've seen way too many kids shot which possessing a BB/pellet gun during criminal incidents and yet simply painting them or banning them will not stop these people from using them or modifying them to use in a illegial affairs.

I wonder where the NRA will fall on this POS legislation. Everyone I know whose made purchases from pyramidair.com has been asked to round up their transaction change to the next dollar to give to the NRA; the NRA's taking the money, will they be there to fight the fight?

Just another law(not that it would be effective as all the others have failed to curb crime).....and if its not already on the books (which it is in some states already), I'm sure it will be written into the one that bans BB, pellet and fake guns.

Massachusetts is regulating itself out of existance, one law at a time.

Being a New Bedford resident I'll be making my phone calls later today.
Can you imagine telling your 12 year old son you have to turn in his Red Ryder bb gun because its now illegal?!? Don't scoff, thats exactly what the ban proposes! Heres a piece from the GOAL e mail:

<< further asking, that our neighboring New England States - Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine - be sent a letter requesting them to follow suit in filing this Legislation, thereby making New England an area free of pellet guns/BB guns that look and replicate real handguns or shotguns; further, that a grace period be given to the people of the Commonwealth, once the law is passed, to turn in all guns that are replicas of real handguns or shotguns, as well as a grace period that also gives an opportunity to those that have those guns to paint them a florescent color; further, that the Legislation also include licensing for all pellet guns/BB guns in the Commonwealth; and further, that a grace period be given for a “buy-back” type of approach to those that have pellet guns/BB guns, requesting and encouraging parents to take immediate action to remove these guns from their homes through this “buy-back” program. >>

Same here. This caused a fair amount of tension between MrsTwigg and myself but I have an 8 year old who knows to never point anything which even looks like a gun at another person.

He knows what to do if he ever finds a gun.

He also knows he can shoot anything in the safe, all he needs to do is ask.

The epidemic of people pointing fake guns at people with real guns has proven to be a largely self-correcting problem.

A friend of mine is actually related to the cop who supposedly shot that scum bag with the pellet gun in New Bedford. The dead pellet gun wielder had a prior manslaughter.

Last edited:
Great; they want to ban toy guns. What will they ban next, making a fist and then extending your index finger and pointing your thumb up?

Actually, for self protection, they will ban the opposite configuration:

loser.png

I wonder where the NRA will fall on this POS legislation. Everyone I know whose made purchases from pyramidair.com has been asked to round up their transaction change to the next dollar to give to the NRA; the NRA's taking the money, will they be there to fight the fight?

Since it is in MA, the NRA will remain silent.

Last edited:
Sent to Kennedy, Kerry and Lynch

Gentlemen,

It is with great concern I am writing you regarding the City of New Bedford’s proposal to ban the sale and possession of air guns and pellet guns to law abiding citizens.

I am a legal gun owner. I am planning on staying in Massachusetts to raise my children. However, I feel constantly threatened by the increase in legislation against the legal ownership of firearms in this state. The crime rate in the City of Boston is astounding. All the while Mayor Menino has repeatedly blamed other states for trafficking firearms and continuously advocates increased gun control while ignoring the fact that gangs and drug crimes are the main reason for gun related crimes.

Statistics show that “Legal” gun owners are not the issue or the problem yet we seem to be the focus of every election and the main target of The Brady Bill. I won’t fool myself into believing that legal gun owners never commit gun crimes but they are rare in comparison to the pandemic of gun crime committed by individuals who possess firearms illegally.

When you consider that the police were responding to a “crack house” it’s a blessing that all they were confronted with was a pellet gun. The New Bedford proposal would ban the sale of air guns and pellet guns in the state and require the licensing of the ones that already exist. The reaction to this one isolated incident is extreme. To penalize legal gun owners for a criminal’s act is an inappropriate and irresponsible use of judicial power. I would liken this to banning the sale of golf clubs because Michael Skakel was convicted of killing a girl with a 6 iron some years ago. It doesn’t make sense. Even if you licensed all the air guns that are currently owned in Massachusetts all that would do is have law abiding citizens apply for air gun licenses. Criminals would not apply to license an air gun in much the same way they don’t have licenses to own the guns they commit the crimes with now.

As all shootings are tragic an officer’s response should be the same when confronted with any item being presented as a weapon. They must defend themselves. Painting toy guns and air guns with fluorescent paint is an officer shooting waiting to happen. When an officer responds to a call and is confronted with a painted firearm it will cause him to hesitate putting his life in jeopardy. Legal gun owners will not paint their firearms as we are not hiding or confronting law enforcement. That’s not what we do. However, if a criminal painted a real firearm with this paint an officer could assume the firearm is less of a threat than it really is.

This proposal is bad all the way around. By imposing the licensing of all air style guns and banning future sales, you are punishing people who have not committed any crimes. Criminals do not carry licensed firearms. Requiring that all existing air style guns be painted with fluorescent colors will only work to put law enforcement officers in harms way as an opportunistic criminal just might paint his gun a fluorescent color.

Massachusetts has some of the strictest firearms laws in the country and yet the gun crime in the City of Boston is out of control. Additional restrictions and control to legal gun owners of this state is not the answer. I implore you to reject the New Bedford proposal. Criminals very rarely if ever carry legally licensed firearms. This proposed legislation is targeting yet again the law abiding legal gun owners of Massachusetts and would also work to make an already dangerous job that much more dangerous.

Actually, for self protection, they will ban the opposite configuration:

Since it is in MA, the NRA will remain silent.

I already received an email from the NRA ILA concerning this the day after it made the news... I forwarded you the email...

I may be wrong here, but, the last I new there is still a law in Mass that you need to carry your 6 gun to church in case of Indian attack.

How about that one being outdated !!!

This was many years ago, the people on Becon Hill my have gotten smarter [rofl] and removed it by now.

sksguns, that is a very well thought out letter. Unfortunately I don't see it make much of a difference, but you never know.

Gentlemen,

It is with great concern I am writing you regarding the City of New Bedford’s proposal to ban the sale and possession of air guns and pellet guns to law abiding citizens.

I am a legal gun owner. I am planning on staying in Massachusetts to raise my children. However, I feel constantly threatened by the increase in legislation against the legal ownership of firearms in this state. The crime rate in the City of Boston is astounding. All the while Mayor Menino has repeatedly blamed other states for trafficking firearms and continuously advocates increased gun control while ignoring the fact that gangs and drug crimes are the main reason for gun related crimes.

Statistics show that “Legal” gun owners are not the issue or the problem yet we seem to be the focus of every election and the main target of The Brady Bill. I won’t fool myself into believing that legal gun owners never commit gun crimes but they are rare in comparison to the pandemic of gun crime committed by individuals who possess firearms illegally.

When you consider that the police were responding to a “crack house” it’s a blessing that all they were confronted with was a pellet gun. The New Bedford proposal would ban the sale of air guns and pellet guns in the state and require the licensing of the ones that already exist. The reaction to this one isolated incident is extreme. To penalize legal gun owners for a criminal’s act is an inappropriate and irresponsible use of judicial power. I would liken this to banning the sale of golf clubs because Michael Skakel was convicted of killing a girl with a 6 iron some years ago. It doesn’t make sense. Even if you licensed all the air guns that are currently owned in Massachusetts all that would do is have law abiding citizens apply for air gun licenses. Criminals would not apply to license an air gun in much the same way they don’t have licenses to own the guns they commit the crimes with now.

As all shootings are tragic an officer’s response should be the same when confronted with any item being presented as a weapon. They must defend themselves. Painting toy guns and air guns with fluorescent paint is an officer shooting waiting to happen. When an officer responds to a call and is confronted with a painted firearm it will cause him to hesitate putting his life in jeopardy. Legal gun owners will not paint their firearms as we are not hiding or confronting law enforcement. That’s not what we do. However, if a criminal painted a real firearm with this paint an officer could assume the firearm is less of a threat than it really is.

This proposal is bad all the way around. By imposing the licensing of all air style guns and banning future sales, you are punishing people who have not committed any crimes. Criminals do not carry licensed firearms. Requiring that all existing air style guns be painted with fluorescent colors will only work to put law enforcement officers in harms way as an opportunistic criminal just might paint his gun a fluorescent color.

Massachusetts has some of the strictest firearms laws in the country and yet the gun crime in the City of Boston is out of control. Additional restrictions and control to legal gun owners of this state is not the answer. I implore you to reject the New Bedford proposal. Criminals very rarely if ever carry legally licensed firearms. This proposed legislation is targeting yet again the law abiding legal gun owners of Massachusetts and would also work to make an already dangerous job that much more dangerous.

sksguns, that is a very well thought out letter. Unfortunately I don't see it make much of a difference, but you never know.

Thank you. The NRA asked members to contact those guys so I did. Maybe New Bedford will be restricted to keeping it a city ordinance and it won't become a state law. I hope it gets completely tossed but worst case hopefully it won't ever become a state law.

Back
Top Bottom